Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, singinalot said:

coconut macaroons drizzled with dark chocolate. Baking at high altitude is definitely an adventure! just finished baking chocolate caramel chunk cookies too.

LOL definitely not going to happen at this point. 

497B3042-5A98-478A-9B73-DE33CC44BF45.jpeg

Wow those cookies look delicious.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, singinalot said:

coconut macaroons drizzled with dark chocolate. Baking at high altitude is definitely an adventure! just finished baking chocolate caramel chunk cookies too.

LOL definitely not going to happen at this point. 

Am finalizing cookies tonight.  Shopping tomorrow and baking this week.  Both of those look delicious.  Unfortunately, no one here but me likes coconut.  Am looking at a Quadruple Chocolate cookie recipe and a no bake chocolate oat cookie now.  Then a thumb print of some type and a bar cookie of some type (will likely include butterscotch).  Jane will make pizzelles.  No more decorated sugar cookies until I have grand kids. 

Have always seen the high altitude notes in recipes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Graham, best of luck with your eyes.  John, I will track down your aunt😉

Please, don’t use the finger!!!!

My aunt is Carmen Herrera. An artist of some notoriety. Youngest sister of my maternal grandfather.

It only took her 96 years to become famous.😉

Edited by John&LaLa

51 minutes ago, Domino D said:

@dani negreanu I may have missed it.  Are you guys still on lock down?

I believe they have moved out of the serious lockdown. We have entered the second to highest level in our part of the province. Next step is grey, which is lock down. It’s slowly creeping down the highway from each side of us. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Domino D said:

John, the Cuban American abstract artist, with the exhibit at the Whitney?

Yep, she paints squares.

Carmen is the baby, my grandfather on back right, big ears.

Screenshot_20201008-212323_Drive.thumb.jpg.394c1cf75324d0a21e4c32f29cf87b2a.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just in storage. We might do something with it one day but it has not moved far in 40 years. 

Like a hidden treasure I suppose.  At least it stays put, as opposed to staying out all night and climbing up in the rafters. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, she paints squares.

Carmen is the baby, my grandfather on back right, big ears.

I would say have her paint a portrait of Bella, but it would be an abstract and might upset Bella more than the Christmas boot. 

• Haha 3

On 12/11/2020 at 8:43 AM, island lady said:

Thanks...we also have Peets in stock all the time at local grocery, and find it when we travel out west as well.  Still like the coffee from Anchorage I get shipped to me over Peets.  

I ordered the Black Cup for my dad, my mom and for Mike aka us. 😁

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just found out my 103! Year old Aunt died.  She was the last of my father’s eight siblings.  She always used to carry on about dying young, yet she outlived all her siblings. Life is amazing

On 12/11/2020 at 11:26 PM, John&LaLa said:

We're SAM'S people

We're Sam's, Costco and Bj's. We added Sam's about 10 years ago when they had a free military special. It was free and you got a coupon book with lots of good coupons and some coupons for some free stuff. We're thinking of dropping it because we don't go there very often.  

It is a cold but dry morning 36f

There is ice on the car windscreen so I am going out to clear it before we go to church.

Pauline is making some sandwiches for after church when we will drive to the beach car park and look out at sea while eating our picnic lunch.

Hopefully it might warm up a bit so we can walk along the beach promenade.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We're Sam's, Costco and Bj's. We added Sam's about 10 years ago when they had a free military special. It was free and you got a coupon book with lots of good coupons and some coupons for some free stuff. We're thinking of dropping it because we don't go there very often.  

Were tied to Sam's because of cash back credit card. Usually nets around $2500, this year it is under $1000

• Like 2

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

My aunt is Carmen Herrera. An artist of some notoriety. Youngest sister of my maternal grandfather.

It only took her 96 years to become famous.😉

I just looked her up.  Very impressive lady...both her art and living to be 105!  I found a NYT article from 2000 titled, "At 94, She's the Hot New Thing in Painting". 😄

My aunt, Karol Wycoff, is also an artist.  She spent most of her life living on Cape Cod, where she still has a house and studio.  She and her husband also have a house/studio in Punta Gorda.  She primarily paints New England style water scenes.  HUGE audience in Florida for this kind of art amongst the Northeastern transplants.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Domino D said:

@dani negreanu I may have missed it.  Are you guys still on lock down?

Our 2nd lock down started mid Sept., just before the month of Jewish Holidays (New Year, Yom Kippur, etc.). Travel outside 1 Km was allowed after this month. Hotels, restaurants, museums, art, gym/pools -- still closed.

I think Bella would have managed this C-19 crisis much better than the clowns in our "C-19 cabinet"...

Last week they were looking to limit the number of gatherings for the upcoming holidays - Hanukkah (8 days), then X-mas and NYE... until beginning of January.

The PM decided on a 12h curfew (6PM-6AM) and his "yes men" agreed, even if the medical professionals said there is no benefit in curfews.. .

Along came the AG and said that u can't limit the freedom of movement of a whole country without the Ministry of Health recommendation (which the Ministry didn't grant).

One long curfew down the drain...

Still, the clowns didn't give up... May be a curfew only for the Hanukkah's period??  The Police said they can't enforce -- not enough man power.

So here we are, with daily raising # of cases (1800 as of today), and nothing is done about it. "They" will revaluate when the # will hit 2500.... 

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I believe they have moved out of the serious lockdown. We have entered the second to highest level in our part of the province. Next step is grey, which is lock down. It’s slowly creeping down the highway from each side of us. 

So sorry for you guys -- I would have thought "living in the country" (as Trainman was fond of saying) will leave you "outside" the main "events".

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

So sorry for you guys -- I would have thought "living in the country" (as Trainman was fond of saying) will leave you "outside" the main "events".

We are in the country but in a well populated area of the province. Owen’s hockey practice will miraculously go on even though they have been cancelled in the city. They still school but the next stage brings everything to a halt.  His team is divided in half, so there will only be 10 kids on ice with just one a week. They have to enter the arena dressed ready to go other than skates. 

I sadly think we might be in that stage in a few weeks. 

Anyone need more sadness?  😢

Today we spent a few hours going through emails and paper copies of trips not happening in 2020/21.  Folders recycled and papers shredded. We also organized a list of flight credits/vouchers as well as RC FFCs.

They are listed in order of expiry, and I have a feeling those dates will also change. 

Edit: thankfully we do not have it as bad as some of the others here. That paper pile could have kill a few trees. 😉

Edited by A&L_Ont

Had the "in and out" on credit card.  Was refunded (but waiting on deposits) for three cruises (last ones that were after final payment) this morning.   Pulled that money back out right away to pay on Viking river cruise 23 day cruise in 2023.  Sorry RCI...your loss.  

• Like 1