Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@Ocean Boy Mike said he was a little disappointed in you. He didn’t like the schedule AA gave him and thought you would take it over. Never heard from you. 😁 He sent me this so I don’t text him when he is napping unless it’s necessary. They normally don’t cram flights in like this, but they gave him the first 11 days off it’s not all that bad.

My schedule for this week:
Tuesday:  nap around 3pm.  Get ready for work at 6pm, leave around 7pm, Takeoff at 9:15pm.
Wednesday: land around 7am, nap when I get home.  
Thursday: nap around 3pm.  Get ready for work at 6pm, leave around 7pm, Takeoff at 9:15pm.
Friday: land around 7am, nap when I get home, Covid test at 11:20, home.
Saturday: Furniture delivery?!?
Sunday:  pack and back aboard at 1pm.

Ask him if he would be interested in trading jobs.🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

good morning 

waiting at FLL airport to fly home. 

They gave me 150. $100 bills. 
Majority hot off press with sequential numbers, other just bills. 

Are you sure those bills were not hot off the same press that produces the Cruise Compass?😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Happy Birthday for the 27th Graham. Hope you do something special. 

Both DH and I spent our 65th birthday in lockdown, his during the 1st lockdown and mine the third earlier this year 

Sue

Thanks Sue.

We have a few things arranged for before,on and after my birthday.

Belated birthday wishes for you both.

Graham.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

good morning 

waiting at FLL airport to fly home. 

They gave me 150. $100 bills. 
Majority hot off press with sequential numbers, other just bills. 

I thought I was nervous when I won. Ha.  I have never carried that much cash. 

Slept with purse at my side 

I have a lot of reading to do when I get home.  

Sea ya. 

Safe travels home🤩

I would be padding my bra with all that cash🤪

I wonder if there was something that needed to be done to avoid going into the special customs room.  Sure did add to your adventure.

• Like 3

Just now, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sunshine3601 is St John Antigua still a go on the Anthem itinerary?  It was canceled on ours and I was looking forward to going there for the first time. 

Yes Antigua is a go.  I have heard that antigua, Barbados and st kitts all require ship excursions but fine to wander around port.  We love all of these islands and had a taxi driver a couple years ago take us to a gorgeous beach that was nearly empty.  We were hoping to go back there again but if not there is an excursion for $26 to go to another beach.  Will probably do that then wander around port.  My favorite silver shop was there, hopefully still is.

I kinda like the itinerary for jan 9th sailing better than the 20th since we go to barbados and the 20th goes to st lucia.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Help wanted signs here too.  The Kroger I frequent only has one checkout line that is not self service.

Reminds me of "Saturday Night Fever". 

Maryann, you mentioned Sheepshead Bay in a previous post.  I remember it as a beautiful area near Manhattan Beach.   Coming from  apartments in busy, bustling lower Manhattan, my friend and I would pick out our favorite houses on our walks from the subway to the beach.

I remember going on a date to a club, Pip's, to hear Jose Feliciano. I remember it being next to Lundy's Seafood.

So nice to share memories, not just mine, but everyone else's in here.

I walked out of Kroger this week because of one cashier , loads of other employees walking around told one employee they can restock my stuff, went to another store with multiple cashiers . 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sunshine3601 is St John Antigua still a go on the Anthem itinerary?  It was canceled on ours and I was looking forward to going there for the first time. 

Our last cruise in 2019 had a port stop in Antigua.  We took a really nice excursion.  I don't remember if it was a ship excursion or not.  It was titled "Creole cruise and lobster lunch"  Very enjoyable and a good way to spend the day.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

I'm thinking of going back to work, maybe just part time and maybe just for the winter.....

Maybe ......

I thought about going back to work, but then it dawned on me they would want me to show up every day.  I changed my mind.  🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

31 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Our last cruise in 2019 had a port stop in Antigua.  We took a really nice excursion.  I don't remember if it was a ship excursion or not.  It was titled "Creole cruise and lobster lunch"  Very enjoyable and a good way to spend the day.

We did an excursion in 2019 in antigua that had a nice lobster lunch at a restaurant that had a nice beach area we enjoyed a couple hours there.   Was that your excursion?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Covid -- our recurring theme 😢 😢

AND nightmare!

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My daughter in law's SIL (or the wife of her brother) was working in a very well paid high-tech job (commuting 1.5 hours in every direction daily, 3 small kids at home). Very interesting, trips abroad, "the works"... 

Covid -- started to work from home, didn't miss the daily commute.... and decided she had enough of the "high life"....

At every family event, she was bringing her "share" -- small, delicious profiteroles.

She now decided to leave the high tech and start her own small business, for now promoting on FB.

Pls. take a look.... who knows, might be a good idea for you 😁

Puffs.jpg

Jack just translated.  Good luck to her, starting a new, delicious venture.

48 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

1400 pages. Roll on

And almost 35.000 posts 😲

31 minutes ago, George C said:

I walked out of Kroger this week because of one cashier , loads of other employees walking around told one employee they can restock my stuff, went to another store with multiple cashiers . 

I'm too used to the Kroger's I go to.  I hate going into a new store and having to hunt down items I need,  They aren't all built the same way. I went to the large Super Kroger like super Walmart on Josey near 121.  Too huge for us.  We couldn't find anything without hiking up and down all the aisles.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We did an excursion in 2019 in antigua that had a nice lobster lunch at a restaurant that had a nice beach area we enjoyed a couple hours there.   Was that your excursion?

We went on a boat for snorkeling first in a couple places and then to a secluded beach.  While they set up we took a walk up to the high spot of the island.  There were yummy sides and lobster that we ate on picnic benches.  There was time after to snorkel around the boat.  

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes Antigua is a go.  I have heard that antigua, Barbados and st kitts all require ship excursions but fine to wander around port.  We love all of these islands and had a taxi driver a couple years ago take us to a gorgeous beach that was nearly empty.  We were hoping to go back there again but if not there is an excursion for $26 to go to another beach.  Will probably do that then wander around port.  My favorite silver shop was there, hopefully still is.

I kinda like the itinerary for jan 9th sailing better than the 20th since we go to barbados and the 20th goes to st lucia.  

Barbados is struggling with Covid and restrictions right now. Hope it gets better.  I was surprised to see the 9th is now cheaper than the 20th.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Reminds me of "Saturday Night Fever". 

Maryann, you mentioned Sheepshead Bay in a previous post.  I remember it as a beautiful area near Manhattan Beach.   Coming from  apartments in busy, bustling lower Manhattan, my friend and I would pick out our favorite houses on our walks from the subway to the beach.

I remember going on a date to a club, Pip's, to hear Jose Feliciano. I remember it being next to Lundy's Seafood.

So nice to share memories, not just mine, but everyone else's in here.

My girlfriend lived on Knapp Street, kind of a main venue, I believe.

Our daughter Judy and her boyfriend took Jim and I to Lundy's on our 25th Anniversary, to get us away from the house.  We returned to quite a large crowd in our backyard with our wonderful friends there to celebrate with us.  This year for our 50th, our daughters reserved a room on the top floor of a beautiful restaurant on the river, with Jim's sister, who was our maid of honor, our daughters and sons in law, and our 7 grandchildren,  It was a night to remember!

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

To be told that they are very satisfied with his performance, and that his salary was too low... 1200$ more per month, without even asking....

That's wonderful news about your son.  Mazel tov!!

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My daughter in law's SIL (or the wife of her brother) 

Puffs.jpg

Wow!  What a delicious looking business she has there!

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Heading to St. George Island (still in the Florida panhandle).   Beautiful and remote.. 

Enjoy your last week in the Panhandle!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Each season is stand-along right?

Yes each season is a stand alone but some of the crew remains the same.After getting through all the seasons of Below Deck. Then watch Below Deck Med and then watch Below Deck Sailing. It's addicting and I love it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We have just finished Sunday lunch.

Graham.

IMG_20211017_115914.jpg

IMG_20211017_122302.jpg

IMG_20211017_124205.jpg

IMG_20211017_132415.jpg

IMG_20211017_121017.jpg

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I didn't really think about the ship excursions.  Guess I'm going to have to start looking!  We will be going to Antigua, Barbados, and St. Kitts on our February cruise on the Silhouette, and back again to St. Kitts in April on the Allure.  Wake up, Maryann, and start planning!😁

1 hour ago, George C said:

When our Walmart started with only self-checkout, I, along with many, grumbled about it and thought I wouldn't be going back there;  however, their produce is better than our ShopRite.  Walmart finally caved in somewhat and started manning the machines with 2 cashiers.  My daughter said she prefers self-checkout, that she doesn't feel rushed this way, and I realized she was right.  Usually there aren't any lines in self-checkout, whereas the cashier lines can be quite long.

• Like 1