Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Besides, they are all of a sudden showing clips of Xander talking about how he is controlling the game now.  The producers like to show how someone is getting a little too cocky before they get blindsided.

I also noticed that in tribal when they start reading the votes the first one mentioned is not going home.  May happen but not yet this season that I remember.  We noticed too that many times when they start telling you how secure they are they get voted out.  Hard to say the next one out.  I would like to see Xander stay.  Two more episodes before the reunion.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I also noticed that in tribal when they start reading the votes the first one mentioned is not going home.  May happen but not yet this season that I remember.  We noticed too that many times when they start telling you how secure they are they get voted out.  Hard to say the next one out.  I would like to see Xander stay.  Two more episodes before the reunion.

Zander and Ricard are both playing good games and are big targets to be voted out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

You must have had the same issue I did as a kid when you tried to find your name on stickers or ornaments or other massed produced stuff with common names on them.  I could find mine very infrequently, at least now you can get stuff personalized easily.

I know, my mom had a nameplate made for me so I wouldn’t feel bad when everyone else had one!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It's funny because  I would consider my full name not a common one but in fact there are 4 Greg Steele's in Kansas City.

While in college there were 4 with my first and last name and one of them the same middle name.  I found this out one day while walking across campus I heard yelled out the first 3 numbers of my SS #.  I turned around and this young lady was smiling real big.  I asked how she knew and she said that she works in financial aid and that is how she knew us apart from one another. It seemed like a start of a Hallmark movie but I was already happily married!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am really impressed how long he stayed upright on the surf board.  He makes it look so easy.  Has he been surfing since he was a young boy?

No, he was (along with his younger brother) at "Sea Scouts", and they got also free use of wind surfing equipment from the neighboring club.

He even continued during his 4 years army service, improving his skills whenever he had some free time, so much so that he got a very coveted job at Club Méditerranée in Turkey, as a wind surfing instructor!!

Afterwards he started "experimenting" with SAP, and, about 2 years ago, he started also "plain" surfing. He is still giving wind surfing lessons at week ends, to supplement his earnings 🥰

• Like 4

15 hours ago, singinalot said:
15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Yes!!! Finally someone else that knows the song! Lol. 

Bing is one of my fav artists…singing and acting both. Holiday Inn was my fav holiday movie growing up

I know that one!! I love Bing. "Holiday Inn" and "White Christmas" are two of my all-time faves because the title song is in both of them. We watch every year. I also have a bunch of the "Road to..." movies.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 2

We went to Houston to see the inlaws for Thanksgiving and returned on Saturday. We now have all of our Christmas stuff up except for the tree ornaments. It takes forever because we have so many from our travels. We'll tackle that this coming weekend. I ordered a new light-up Nativity for the yard because our 11-year-old said our house with the tasteful lighted wreaths in the windows was too boring and needed something else. 😄 That should arrive on Monday - I hope it's nice!

I've been working 12-hour days since returning from the holiday (accountant), and that's been happening more often than not during the last two years. I'm over it. Anyway, it has taken me this long to catch up on this fast-moving thread. My thoughts and prayers are with all who have lost loved ones recently and are dealing with medical issues. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,every episode since the show began

OK, to answer your question, I don't want to listen to players on their soapboxes bawling about their culture and struggles like last night. IMO, Survivor 41 is the most racially divided Survivor ever! Has nothing to do with the game. I hear enough of it on the evening news. 

Xander has my vote. I like his style of playing.  Danny would be my number two. But, don't count out Heather as she's the underdog and she's flying under the radar which is a good place to be when the numbers grow less and the big dogs start concentrating on and going after each other. Deshawn, he's a loser for wanting to throw an earlier challenge and should have been gone by now. He got lucky last night. Glad to see Deshawns good luck was Liana bad luck. 😂

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I know that one!! I love Bing. "Holiday Inn" and "White Christmas" are two of my all-time faves because the title song is in both of them. We watch every year. I also have a bunch of the "Road to..." movies.

Somehow,  I've never watched "Holiday Inn"  which I believe is the movie that made the song White Christmas famous.   I do have the movie "White Christmas" which I watch every year. 

I also have a bunch of "Road to..." movies and looking to completethecollection. Classics, each one of them. Wish Bing & Bob had made more. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, davekathy said:

OK, to answer your question, I don't want to listen to players on their soapboxes bawling about their culture and struggles like last night. IMO, Survivor 41 is the most racially divided Survivor ever! Has nothing to do with the game. I hear enough of it on the evening news. 

Xander has my vote. I like his style of playing.  Danny would be my number two. But, don't count out Heather as she's the underdog and she's flying under the radar which is a good place to be when the numbers grow less and the big dogs start concentrating on and going after each other. Deshawn, he's a loser for wanting to throw an earlier challenge and should have been gone by now. He got lucky last night. Glad to see Deshawns good luck was Liana bad luck. 😂

I was rooting from Sydney,Tiffany,DeShawn and Danny from the beginning.I am still rooting for D and D.Zander and Ricard are playing great games and will likely be voted out.

@singinalot Crystal, your sister's "the one" dress is gorgeous.  The detail really makes it stand out.  She's going to be a beautiful bride!

@DaniDanielleGlad all went well with your husband. 

My Jack asks too many questions at the dr!!  

I use the following to indicate a hug:

((((((((((((((((((Dani's Thread )))))))))))))))))))))

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Somehow,  I've never watched "Holiday Inn"  which I believe is the movie that made the song White Christmas famous.   I do have the movie "White Christmas" which I watch every year. 

I also have a bunch of "Road to..." movies and looking to completethecollection. Classics, each one of them. Wish Bing & Bob had made more. 

I love White Christmas and Gene Autry singing Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer.However,my favorite Christmas song is Silent Night.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

While in college there were 4 with my first and last name and one of them the same middle name.  I found this out one day while walking across campus I heard yelled out the first 3 numbers of my SS #.  I turned around and this young lady was smiling real big.  I asked how she knew and she said that she works in financial aid and that is how she knew us apart from one another. It seemed like a start of a Hallmark movie but I was already happily married!

That would be a good start of a Hallmark movie or a horror flick about a stalker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

This pic made me smile. Kensie is just adorable in all of the pics you post. She must be the happiest child ever.

Thanks!  The Grandkids are great.  We are getting with all the Grandkids this afternoon to take pics with Santa.  Let me see if I can gift you with another smile.  This is Kenzie with her cousin Lottie the night before Thanksgiving.  Then two single pics after they were home.

image.thumb.jpeg.78b67d655d80f3568e60a1a3c301ef11.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.590da67b74fde41f8b2258641eecb9b2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6edda5e230138c62a1d42953515a5821.jpeg

• Like 12

So since we are talking Christmas Movies, I love the old movies. Here is my list of my favorite classics. In no particular order.

It's a Wonderful Life

White Christmas

Holiday Inn

Miracle on 34th Street

The Preachers Wife

Christmas In Connecticut

A Shop Around The Corner

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

So since we are talking Christmas Movies, I love the old movies. Here is my list of my favorite classics. In no particular order.

It's a Wonderful Life

White Christmas

Holiday Inn

Miracle on 34th Street

The Preachers Wife

Christmas In Connecticut

A Shop Around The Corner

We just watched "It’s a Wonderful Life" earlier this week.

• Like 3

So today we officially cut the cord. We had Google Fiber but starting after the first of the year they are doing away with their tv service in favor of internet based You Tube TV. So we had a tech come out and installed a 2ghz router. Even though most of our computers aren't equipped for 2ghz it's nice to have the extra bandwidth.

Youtube TV will have a little bit of a learning curve as their are no numbered channels. But you can use voice control on the remote to go from one channel to another. It's dvr is on the cloud and is unlimited and you don't have to record shows they are automatically stored in the cloud.

I'll keep everyone posted on whether we like it or not.

• Like 6