Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We did that almost every winter prior to the pandemic. Went to see the skaters, window displays, then to see the manger at St Patricks. Sometimes threw in the Radio City show as well. Vanilla cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery.
I don't think I can picture myself in that sea of people anymore.

My next to last job was in the West Village.I used to go to the Magnolia Bakery on Bleecker street to buy Red Velvet cake.

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I remember drinking hot chocolate at one end of the Rockefeller Center rink, and watching the skaters,  who seemed like something out of a fairy tale to a little girl from Florida. 
I finally learned to ice skate,  in Florida, at the age of 34!

I hope you are feeling better,Mimi.

I never learned how to ice skate.I did roller skate a lot when I was a kid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Mushy peas usually only served with Fish and Chips or Scampi and Chips.

Graham.

And our local pub says they can’t get them! We like their Fish and Chips, but have never run into Scampi and Chips. 
That sounds wonderful!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hope you are feeling better,Mimi.

I never learned how to ice skate.I did roller skate a lot when I was a kid.

Thank you, Lenny. Surgery wise, I’m fine, but have been in Atrial Fibrillation now for over three weeks. 
My doctor’s staff is trying to slot me in for a Pacemaker as soon as possible, but I think it will be after Christmas. 
Meanwhile, it has me exhausted and my breathing is badly affected, too. 
I sure am looking forward to next year!!!

But I’m alive and plan to stay that way!!

• Like 13

Just now, jagsfan said:

Thank you, Lenny. Surgery wise, I’m fine, but have been in Atrial Fibrillation now for over three weeks. 
My doctor’s staff is trying to slot me in for a Pacemaker as soon as possible, but I think it will be after Christmas. 
Meanwhile, it has me exhausted and my breathing is badly affected, too. 
I sure am looking forward to next year!!!

But I’m alive and plan to stay that way!!

You have a wonderful spirit,Mimi.😀

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

If you order pizza with ingredients no one else likes, you’ll have enough to freeze and enjoy another day! 

Sundays are usually pizza day here.My son in law who lives 4 minutes from us goes to his favorite pizzeria and buys pizza for his family and Toby and I.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Hoping🤞 DS1 will test negative!!  Thank you for sharing his video.  Love it!

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

This morning, the presents got moved from the bedroom, and placed under the tree.  

A230FF9E-9C41-4ED4-9833-0878E70B3944.thumb.jpeg.ef3da85aff5f4ef43e8aaeb88c98a52a.jpeg

We had to make room for packing the suitcases.  Christmas at our house will be next weekend, before we leave for Florida. 

We will be celebrating our "Cousin Christmas" next Sunday with all of our grandchildren;  our oldest daughter and family will be coming from Ct.🎄It's always such a wonderful celebration with all of us together!❤️🎀

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Today's Lunch 😋

Graham.

IMG_20211210_115110.jpg

What kind of pizza is this, Graham?  It not only looks delicious, but it almost looks like there's some seafood on it?

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Last night was the opening night to Amelia Island's Dickens on Centre Festival.  

Amelia Island looks like it's a really quaint place to live.  I've been told how beautiful it is there!

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We received our royal up email for our Jan 9th Anthem sailing.  I was very tempted to bid on 1 bed GS starting T $350 pp till I saw the hump balcony for our b2b opened up so I called and switched to that cabin.  Will be nice to not have to change cabins.   

Congratulations, Debbie!  Your cruise will be here before you know it!!

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Even though we do not celebrate Christmas at home the Christmas season has always been wonderful for me.When I was working at my longtime job we had an in office Christmas party and Secret Santa’s.

When I worked at Moore-McCormack Lines way back when, we also had a great big Christmas Party in a Banquet Hall.  All of us girls would get all dressed up after work...such good times!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Left over pizza is a pretty rare event in this house.

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

If you order pizza with ingredients no one else likes, you’ll have enough to freeze and enjoy another day! 

Or, order 2 or even 3 at the same time...😉 We always order 2, for the leftovers ...😁

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We did that almost every winter prior to the pandemic. Went to see the skaters, window displays, then to see the manger at St Patricks. Sometimes threw in the Radio City show as well. Vanilla cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery.
I don't think I can picture myself in that sea of people anymore.

I love being in the Time Square area before Christmas. When I stay at my brother's place in Manhattan I get up early and take a walk. NYC is so nice early on a Saturday or Sunday. Get a coffee, look at the store windows, Rockefeller Center, etc. Evenings in Time Square can be brutal. You just can't move with all the people! Evenings are better further uptown around Columbus Circle and Central Park.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Haha!!!!  That's the spirit, Mimi!!😁  Getting back to your health, please just take it easy, don't worry about the packages on the dining room table, and praying your AFib gets taken care of quickly.❤️🤗🥰

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We will be celebrating our "Cousin Christmas" next Sunday with all of our grandchildren;  our oldest daughter and family will be coming from Ct.🎄It's always such a wonderful celebration with all of us together!❤️🎀

What kind of pizza is this, Graham?  It not only looks delicious, but it almost looks like there's some seafood on it?

Amelia Island looks like it's a really quaint place to live.  I've been told how beautiful it is there!

When I worked at Moore-McCormack Lines way back when, we also had a great big Christmas Party in a Banquet Hall.  All of us girls would get all dressed up after work...such good times!

It is a new Pizza I ate in Pizza Express.

Pauline had a Marguerita Pizza but had some of mine and I had some of hers.

Graham

Screenshot_20211210_210112.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Watching the Bob Dole funeral, brings back a lot of memories, as I shot as a news cameraman probably hundreds of interviews with Bob. I always found him, graceful, sharp wit and extremely honest. He would always take the time to talk to reporters. He did not look at us as the enemy bit rather a messenger to get his message out. I will miss him even though I did not agree with him. He is a true patriot and hero. God bless Senator Bob Dole.

I watched it , too. I watch a lot , a lot of news .  I thought of you twice while it was on . Once , when Robin delivered her eulogy and mentioned losing her dog , Cooper.   Her dad brought her a new dog that gave kisses . She would hold up her dog and he would lavish kisses on her dad and Elizabeth. I imagine you received  dog kisses , too.   The other time was at the WWII memorial when a cameraman got caught on camera.  That could have been you.  

She named me her dog JoJo in honor of her dad whose middle name was Joseph.   

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

My company had law firms and accounting firms who represented us and they invited employees of the company to their Christmas parties.I had the opportunity to go to a few that were very elegant.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love being in the Time Square area before Christmas. When I stay at my brother's place in Manhattan I get up early and take a walk. NYC is so nice early on a Saturday or Sunday. Get a coffee, look at the store windows, Rockefeller Center, etc. Evenings in Time Square can be brutal. You just can't move with all the people! Evenings are better further uptown around Columbus Circle and Central Park.

My daughter and husband who live in Manhattan live near Columbus Circle and Central Park.

The stores on Fifth Avenue from E.42 St going north were unbelievably beautiful in the 1960’s.

Re Times Square.I was there on December 31,1962 to see the New Year come in.It was the only time that I had that experience.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My daughter and husband who live in Manhattan live near Columbus Circle and Central Park.

The stores on Fifth Avenue from E.42 St going north were unbelievably beautiful in the 1960’s.

Re Times Square.I was there on December 31,1962 to see the New Year come in.It was the only time that I had that experience.

The only time I was in Times Square for New Year’s Eve all I saw was the seat of men’s pants and the back of woolen coats. One of my uncles kept trying to pick me up, but we were packed so tight all that did was jam my nose farther into the people in front of us.
I have never wanted to repeat that experience! 

• Like 3