Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

@Jimbo - Not sure why I didn't think of this earlier when we were discussing your kitchen oven arrangement, but have you considered using a combo microwave and convection oven?  This could be wall mounted above your regular oven.  We had one in Cincinnati (GE Profile).  We used it as a microwave oven 95% of the time but also used it as a (smaller) second oven when needed.  The model that we had wasn't big enough for turkeys or roasts but was fine for casseroles and other smaller needs. 

Advantium upper?

This is in Rory's new place

received_1070937876789881.thumb.jpeg.c0c397de86db17f859c5ecde5b5f43bb.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Operate on the arm for what? Where is the pain located?

Near the elbow and down.  They said it looks like an infection I think near the bone and on the top of the arm.  I have to talk to his doctor tomorrow.  This is coming from the ER PA.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

@Jimbo - Not sure why I didn't think of this earlier when we were discussing your kitchen oven arrangement, but have you considered using a combo microwave and convection oven?  This could be wall mounted above your regular oven.  We had one in Cincinnati (GE Profile).  We used it as a microwave oven 95% of the time but also used it as a (smaller) second oven when needed.  The model that we had wasn't big enough for turkeys or roasts but was fine for casseroles and other smaller needs. 

But is the microwave part of the combo both microwave/ regular oven/convection oven, all three over top the regular size oven?

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

But is the microwave part of the combo both microwave/ regular oven/convection oven, all three over top the regular size oven?

I think my photo of Rory's unit is what he's referring to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Me too. Well, I'll give the DVR a 30-45 minute head start so I can fast forward thru the commercials but I'll be done in time for "live" talk.

I've always wished AR had a "live" reunion show. I'd like to see how the teams interact with each other when they were not racing or after they've been eliminated but before they could go home.

This season had some of the nicest people of all time.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Allure on Saturday for 8 days.  I kind of like the 8 day itineraries they are doing on some of the ships.  Nassau, St.  Maarten, St. Thomas, and St. Kitts & Nevis for this one.  Then we will be back on her in 70 days for another 8 day.

Of course, that all depends on us being negative tomorrow.  Otherwise, we will have a couple weeks in Florida.

That is the one we did in December.  8 days are better than 7, 9 days are better than 8… etc etc says Yul Brynner

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

That is my arrangement.  We have the GE Monogram oven and the GE Advantium Monogram microwave, Advantium/convection over over the oven.  It is a really good arrangement in my opinion.  Of course, it is stupid expensive, but it is a good arrangement for us.  We use both all of the time and we are not big bakers.

jc

Just now, xpcdoojk said:

That is my arrangement.  We have the GE Monogram oven and the GE Advantium Monogram microwave, Advantium/convection over over the oven.  It is a really good arrangement in my opinion.  Of course, it is stupid expensive, but it is a good arrangement for us.  We use both all of the time and we are not big bakers.

jc

We had the old 120v OTR Advantium in the 90's.  Laura hated it for anything but a microwave.  The 240v is the way to go

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I think my photo of Rory's unit is what he's referring to.

I don't mind the combo ovens, but I rather not the top or bottom oven be convection.............so what I would be okay with is.

Top being Microwave/Regular oven

and Bottom just being a regular oven.

Does any  brand make a combo like that?

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

I don't mind the combo ovens, but I rather not the top or bottom oven be convection.............so what I would be okay with is.

Top being Microwave/Regular oven

and Bottom just being a regular oven.

Does any  brand make a combo like that?

With 3 units, doubtful. To tall.

Our beach condo had a 2 oven range with a mico/hood above.

I have seen a wall oven underneath a cooktop, then a microwave/oven combo in the wall

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

With 3 units, doubtful. To tall.

Our beach condo had a 2 oven range with a mico/hood above.

I have seen a wall oven underneath a cooktop, then a microwave/oven combo in the wall

I thought some of these  new single unit microwaves are both Microwave and Oven.............Or do I have that wrong?

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We had the old 120v OTR Advantium in the 90's.  Laura hated it for anything but a microwave.  The 240v is the way to go

I don’t know anything about the 120V, but we have the Monogram 240V, and I use the microwave the most, daily, then the convection, and then the Advantium.  The Advantium is awesome for speeding up the process on casseroles.  So, if something is bake for 50 minutes the Advantium turns that into 20 minutes.  Can’t tell the difference.  

That said, I think a double oven with a microwave over it is a stretch.  Surely if you need a true double oven, just find another spot for the microwave it is not like you are trying to fit this into an airstream.  😁

If you have a large family and you have a large budget a true double oven can make Christmas/Thanksgiving dinner awesome.  An Advantium is a unique fast cook tool that you won’t use everyday, but can come in quite handy.  A microwave is a must if only to make your coffee / tea hot.  A convection oven is sort of an odd thing, but it is the original air fryer.

JMHO

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Ryan got an 11 million dollar settlement for a wrong conviction .

That’s good news. I hope he’s been able to become absorbed back in to the life he had to leave. He seems to be a level headed decent guy. 

I found a Whirlpool double oven 50 inches high and a Whirlpool microwave 14 inches high...............so if I put the double oven like 5 inches off the floor........that would put the top of the microwave 69 inches of the floor.

5ft 9inches is about the same height as  my current microwave over my range right now.   So seems doable to me Or am I figuring something wrong here.

Jimbo, if you are cooking for 6 or 8.  My set up is darn near perfect.  If you are cooking for 20+, and you want my mother’s perfect yeast rolls with a ham and a turkey for Christmas, then the double oven is the way to go.  Like I mentioned earlier, just find another spot for the microwave, and if the budget allows, a microwave / convection…. And if the budget really allows that plus an Advantium.  

We have no kids, and since my brother and sister are both deceased….  And now with covid, I can’t remember the last time I cooked for a big dinner.  

Sigh… that is kind of depressing.😂

What I am saying if you are creating a kitchen for a show place, then do the show you want.  If you are cooking for what you need, then create a kitchen to produce what you want and don’t worry about what is in it.  Just make sure you have what you need for what you do.

Like I said, mine is about perfect.  We built the house in 1990 and this really is the 3rd kitchen, and we did it in 2014, and I have felt zero need to change a thing about it.

The third time truly is the charm.

jc

• Like 1