Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, George C said:

We watched another academy award nominated pictures yesterday nightmare alley another rather strange movie , still will see Belfast before the awards . So have seen half the ten nominations so far. ( it was on hbo)

I have “nightmare alley” in my queue.  Is it worth watching?

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

There is one station that has been charging $3.99 but that was yesterday.

Today, there price is $4.34. That's a pretty big one day jump. At this rate, we'll catch up & surpass the price our friends  in California pay by the end of the week.🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I cook the bacon in the oven and then freeze it.  It holds up quite awhile and is always available.

Also, Charlie is home YAY

You’ll both sleep much better tonight. 
Charlie must be exhausted after trying to sleep at night in the hospital. 
I hope the antibiotics continue to work and that he feels better every day. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone tried Monin products.  Several years ago I got a really good tasting smoothie and noted what they used to make it.  I ordered the peach purée and loved it.  It’s been awhile since I had some but just received another bottle today.  I am trying the dark chocolate syrup for the first time. Monin is served around the world.  I noticed it used at a bus stop in Phnom Penh a few years ago.  I have seen videos from all over showing different drinks being made with there various mixes.

A0309F67-2106-4435-9658-52D3FB3AEA68.thumb.jpeg.a69dbf06fcdd1238ddaa0aa4cdcff3cb.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

2 weeks?…  It would be nice to see it turn around before 2 weeks.  As high as it is shooting up I wonder if RC will start talking about a surcharge for fuel cost.

RCI has its prices locked in. They don't pay the going rate every time a ship pulls up to the pump. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Last week a gallon of regular was $3.78, this weekend it was $4.19, today that same station is selling for $4.49.       I sure hope they find a way to stop this craziness by the time I rent the SUV in 2 weeks to drive to our cruise.

Maybe go open a valve on that pipe coming down ftom Canada.😯

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Ever have a Snappy sandwich?

Dick and I grew up eating them. 
Broil half slices of bacon on one side. Drain on a paper towel. 
Put a slice of American cheese on white bread. Lay a slice of tomato on top. 
Criss cross two slices of bacon uncooked side up on top of the tomato. 
Put under the broiler till bacon is done and cheese melted. 

Two or three of those make a meal. 

My Dad was not a cook other than breakfast foods or the BBQ so whenever he had to make us kids lunch in the summer time he used to make these "snappy" sandwiches.    He would also sprinkle fresh chopped oregano from his garden ontop of the tomato too!    I miss him and his simple way of cooking.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

I have “nightmare alley” in my queue.  Is it worth watching?

I think so, not worth going to the movies but watching at home , excellent cast , film is set in early 1940’s . 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Fingers crossed I can take Charlie home today.  White count near normal but arm still swollen, not as bad though.  I am leaving soon for the hospital.🤞🙏

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

.Also, Charlie is home YAY

FANTASTIC NEWS ! ! ! ! ! ! !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Dad was not a cook other than breakfast foods or the BBQ so whenever he had to make us kids lunch in the summer time he used to make these "snappy" sandwiches.    He would also sprinkle fresh chopped oregano from his garden ontop of the tomato too!    I miss him and his simple way of cooking.

Guess we were poor growing up then, no bacon 😞 on ours. Our's was something like this but we used Velveeta Cheese and tomatoes and spices on slice of bread in the oven.

Used fresh Tomatoes out of Dads garden, had to be dead ripe too, so tasty and juicy!

http://www.italianchips.com/cheese-on-toast/

Tomato And Cheese On Toast – The Simplest Sinergy!

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6

One of the perks of working from home is I to get cook while working.     Today I made a chicken, shrimp and sausage gumbo.     I forgot how easy it is to make a gumbo and wonder why I haven't made one in a while.  

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Guess we were poor growing up then, no bacon 😞 on ours. Our's was something like this but we used Velveeta Cheese and tomatoes and spices on slice of bread in the oven.

http://www.italianchips.com/cheese-on-toast/

Tomato And Cheese On Toast – The Simplest Sinergy!

this is exactly what ours looked like, bacon wasn't always available but if we had it Dad would put on it.    I was a kid and have no idea what kind of cheese he used but I am going to guess either whatever cheese my Mom had bought from the local deli or kraft american cheese slices.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent!    If I was you I would have made breakfast for dinner tonight😁

My wife wanted hot wings and  she isn't a scrapple person growing up in New England. They never even heard of it up there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

One of the perks of working from home is I to get cook while working.     Today I made a chicken, shrimp and sausage gumbo.     I forgot how easy it is to make a gumbo and wonder why I haven't made one in a while.  

this is exactly what ours looked like, bacon wasn't always available but if we had it Dad would put on it.    I was a kid and have no idea what kind of cheese he used but I am going to guess either whatever cheese my Mom had bought from the local deli or kraft american cheese slices.

LOL..........oh, that kraft american cheese slices isn't real cheese is it? I thought that was something they called cheese food, resembling plastic...........

• Haha 4

@DaniDanielle so glad he is home!

@Ocean Boy It was $4.19 here, if only we could drill for it here.  Sigh.

My expensive hobby is anything fiber related.  My husband's hobby is restoring old tractors big and small including related accessories.

To all the people baking bacon - does it make a mess of the oven and what temp. and time?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Keksie said:

My expensive hobby is anything fiber related.  My husband's hobby is restoring old tractors big and small including related accessories.

To all the people baking bacon - does it make a mess of the oven and what temp. and time?

I line a cookie sheet with no stick aluminum foil, place the bacon one strip at a time, next to each other.  Usually cook it at 425 degrees but keep an eye on it.  No splatters and some times the cookie sheet is clean after I remove the foil!!!,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

RCI has its prices locked in. They don't pay the going rate every time a ship pulls up to the pump. 

I understand that.  They probably have contracts that will last awhile.  Similar to how grain commodities work.  It’s not like they will have to charge more now to cover the current cost.  The contracted amount will eventually run out and only RC knows when that will be.  Total guess for us.  I am sure you remember in the past when they used to note that they could add a surcharge because of the rising cost.  They would say if a the cost of a barrel of gas exceeded $xxx.xx (I don’t remember the amount). They may add a surcharge.  I remember the notice but don’t remember them actually doing it to a cruise we were on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I line a baking/cookie sheet with either foil or parchment paper then put bacon on a wire rack and bake in my convection oven set at 375 (reduce temp since using convection oven) and cook for 10 minutes then flip over to cook for another 5 minutes.   No splatter and easy clean up to throw out the foil or parchment paper.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Not much mess in an air fryer, works well.

• Thanks 1