Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

No problem.  I am thankful you enjoyed the cruise. Last night we were looking at some pics when we were on Allure in 2013.  Good memories. Curious what has changed since then.  

I don't think much of anything has changed on Allure. I also think that is a good thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, George C said:

I have been to many Dylan concerts , you never know what he will sing , this year was one of the few we missed but reviews said they were almost all new songs but said he was in good voice

What he will sing is just as questionable as how he will sing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I did not ask what they gave me, but I woke up while still in the OR.   They seemed a bit surprised when I woke up and asked if done as they were just finishing up.   So they kept me awake.   I was hoping for a nice long nap.   

All good, clean bill of health.   go back in 7 yrs.   

The nurses were all joking about how boring I am with no meds, no health concerns, no cavities, etc.   Then I told them I'm having a mohs procedure on small spot under my eye then they were happy (jokingly) that I had something wrong.

Went to diner and ate half of my breakfast order, saved rest for lunch/dinner.

I'm pleased you got the all clear Debbie.

Good luck with the MOHS procedure.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

Ok folks

As I age and I am not getting younger, and after 31 years of marriage keeping the better half happy, when we go to live concerts I still wear my ear plugs, I never could stand ((((((LOUD!!!!!!!!)))))))) music.

He loves the concerts and I love him too much to not let him enjoy his favorite past time.  I am music illiterate.  And only know the words to a few songs by the greatest artist known to man, namely Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, and The Osmonds to name a few.

So when we go, I keep my mouth shut, besides if you talk no one would hear you anyway when the band is playing.  I text his phone when I need to tell him something. That really makes his day.

And besides, when we do the concert scene and their is no smoking permitted whether inside or out of the venue and then all the "wacky tobacky" gets fired up, it kinda makes me nauseous.

But on the other hand I have recently noticed a change in my hearing.

Our new son in law, no matter where we are or what we are doing I cannot hear a word he says.

I guess it is his pitch or tone of how his voice is heard.

I am like a German shepherd, tilting my head to hear him talk and understand him.

So soon my earplugs will be changing to hearing aides.

At least I know I can handle something in the ear, and am so willing to not miss out on life.

Except concerts.

Nothing would take away the loudest decibel nuisance noise known to me.

Ear plugs stocked up well.

Hearing aides will be left at home when we go.

I do not want to be known as the lady who always says.....................

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

Take care

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

No problem.  I am thankful you enjoyed the cruise. Last night we were looking at some pics when we were on Allure in 2013.  Good memories. Curious what has changed since then.  

A0EBD3F5-AF68-4EDB-929D-136712FF6285.thumb.jpeg.260fb4670414e92df9af2c2c90df9a73.jpeg

718D74B7-CF4A-4BC6-9FF4-A884DB52618B.thumb.jpeg.06c088a0d6dcf6f62f7161ae4695aa1b.jpeg

B8D711B2-6D68-4344-BC7F-0EFBDF9D51D1.thumb.jpeg.d6423a17c183f5085b4f49a0e6ba6979.jpeg

Well, they still haven’t eliminated that gopher family. They were still there last month. 

DBE1E8A6-4260-4B02-8B6A-2624E84E4523.thumb.jpeg.0aeab9d15097f729bfc453c7326cf20a.jpeg

2013 was the first time we sailed Allure.  The one big change I noticed, was that we now appear older for some reason. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

But on the other hand I have recently noticed a change in my hearing.

Our new son in law, no matter where we are or what we are doing I cannot hear a word he says.

I guess it is his pitch or tone of how his voice is heard.

I am like a German shepherd, tilting my head to hear him talk and understand him.

When I first got mine, my audiologist friend insisted that I bring Susan along when he made the first frequency adjustments.  He said it was important to make sure he tuned the frequencies so that I would be able to hear her.  

So it appears my loss was in that “high pitched whine” range.😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

LOL......................$4500 suite  and    Fifty-six drinks at  $13.00  .......Yeah, sure that's about equal. Go for it !

We’ll, here’s how I look at it.  Let’s use the same Anthem 7 nt Bahama cruise out of Bayonne. 
Cruise, drink packages, grats, Voom and parking for the week = $ 3500.  If we do this cruise two more times that’s $ 7000.  The same cruise in a suite (using your figure of $ 4500 - I have no idea if that’s accurate) plus drink packages, grats, Voom and parking = just over $ 6200.  Both options get us to Diamond and we don’t need to purchase drink packages on future cruises,  plus we would also be okay with the two free 24 hour internet periods rather than buying it for the week.  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

LOL Debbie!

Since I left on my cruise, there's been 35 pages on our thread, so I've missed quite a bit.  Is Eric okay?

I'm part of the tinnitus club here...

I’ve had tinnitus for at least 20 years. It’s never been a ringing, but a constant buzzing. In the last couple of years I added a man’s voice talking in the background and recently birds chirping. 
The last two pop up now and then but the buzzing is constant. 
I can no longer remember what silence was like. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

An update on my Jen's friend Jen.  They got together today and cried when they saw each other.  They met at work 14 years ago and never lost touch when my Jen moved to NJ.

Jen is looking wonderful and her new heart is pumping beautifully.  A few glitches with the ton of meds she has to take daily but nothing that can't be regulated.  She was at end stage heart failure and now has the gift of life.

So happy for her and her family.

It’s an unbelievable second chance!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, George C said:

Since I have the drink package and can therefore drink for free I see no reason to get off the ship in Nassau 😁

I hear ya!   We don't always get off ship at Nassau but after our 1st week and having a great day at Clifton Heritage park we decided to wander over to Junkanoo Beach and get some conch fritters from salty crab hut on the beach our 2nd week.   Once you get thru all thru town and all the people it was a nice couple of hours.   If there are 6 large ships next time there I don't think we will get off the ship, was far too chaotic with that many ships.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

My point was that not using meds is not unusual in other parts of the world. I I don't know why we are so different here in the US.

I like the meds for a colonoscopy!

I was awake for one just long enough to feel the insertion and it hurt. I had just time enough to think “Oh no!” and then I was gone. I sure don’t want that to happen again!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I tend to book starboard side on O class ships because they typically dock on their starboard side and I like to watch the activity on the pier.

That's exactly why I booked starboard our last couple sailings on Anthem.   

For our Oasis sailing I was hoping to get cabin on deck 8 near the entrance to CP but they were all booked so have deck 9 booked for now.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I like the meds for a colonoscopy!

I was awake for one just long enough to feel the insertion and it hurt. I had just time enough to think “Oh no!” and then I was gone. I sure don’t want that to happen again!

I’m all for meds.  At the start of my last colonoscopy, my Dr said “okay, we’re going to make you a little sleepy now”, to which I replied “please make me VERY sleepy”.  

• Like 5

I noticed in the Cruise Compass on day 5 (I think) this blurb about registering unvaxxed children for their antigen test before disembarking.  Then on the morning of day 6 they made an announcement about it.  Several hours later they were calling names of those who apparently still hadn’t done it.  
I guess I don’t understand why they’re being tested to disembark?  Can anyone shed some light on this?  Just curious. 

612847BA-AF6A-429A-B9B5-56E6BF73DE99.jpeg

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

LOL Debbie!

Since I left on my cruise, there's been 35 pages on our thread, so I've missed quite a bit.  Is Eric okay?

I'm part of the tinnitus club here...

While onboard Anthem we were exposed to  person that tested positive the last sea day when tested for b2b cruise.   1 or 2 days after getting off Anthem Eric was feeling crappy and had a horrible cough.  Then a day later I had minor fever,, sore throat and congestion.   We did at home tests a couple of times last week but all were negative and feeling much better now.

• Like 4

We had such a great time on the Allure this past week!  Entertainment was awesome...especially seeing Mama Mia!  Such talent!  I'd seen Mama Mia on Broadway years ago, and this was just as good!  The band in Dazzle was phenomenal.  The crew onboard was a happy crew.  It was a wonderful seven days onboard, and this was our first time on an Oasis class ship.  We loved it, and are looking forward to the Bella cruise next year on the Oasis.  The only disappointing venue was the Schooner Bar.  We've always loved hanging there with our drinks and listening to the Piano player, but the woman singing in the Schooner was there every night, and she was awful;  needless to say, we stayed away.  It turned out being for the best, though, since Dazzle became our nightly hangout.  Oh, but the Aqua Aria!!!!!  Wow, they are amazing!   

So happy to hear you had a great cruise and enjoyed all the entertainment🥰

• Like 1

We're not going to get the package for our NE/Canada cruise in September, since we won't be sitting by a pool (2 or 3 drinks) and we'll just buy our other drinks onboard.  We will buy the package for our first part of the B2B on Oasis.  

Which Canada sailing are you doing?    

11 hours ago, George C said:

Problem with booking a suite is they are very addictive, but we are diamond plus because of them.

We booked a JS for our Oasis sailing and am excited to try the coastal kitchen for dinner, hopefully we can get reservations.   We had JS on Serenade but no CK on that ship.   Hoping to be D+ by end of this year.   I want free laundry for our b2bs😁

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I noticed in the Cruise Compass on day 5 (I think) this blurb about registering unvaxxed children for their antigen test before disembarking.  Then on the morning of day 6 they made an announcement about it.  Several hours later they were calling names of those who apparently still hadn’t done it.  
I guess I don’t understand why they’re being tested to disembark?  Can anyone shed some light on this?  Just curious. 

612847BA-AF6A-429A-B9B5-56E6BF73DE99.jpeg

When we went for our b2b test that Saturday morning there was a bunch of families in the line.   I asked why they had to get tested and noone had any idea why, other than still working off the old cdc conditional sail rules.  Waste of time and resources IMO.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What he will sing is just as questionable as how he will sing.

The last time I saw him, I know his songs, but I couldn’t recognize them while he was singing and the band was playing.  It was horrible.  He got to the end of Lay Lady Lay, before I recognized the song.  I think that was about the 5th song he played.  It was just noise.  

I, personally, would not walk out my front door to hear him playing on my front lawn.  I will, infrequently, listen to his albums when I am riding somewhere, and I am in a weird mood.

jc

• Like 3

My DH started wearing wax ear plugs to concerts a couple of years ago.  Around the same time, we started taking our new rescue dog on car rides.  Our dog would get over excited and bark very loudly pretty much the entire trip in the car  so those wax plugs came in mighty handy. After 2 years, thankfully the barking in the car has finally eased off.

• Like 6