Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3108F23F-A25F-43BA-AE77-8AF69ABEC28E.thumb.jpeg.09c7e8d915aece3b596b7b1ba0f76ae2.jpeg

After re-fueling, we passed by another Kookaburra and continued on to George’s Head which offered stunning views of Watsons Bay, where we walked last weekend.

The walk onwards from George’s Head offers lots of benches to sit, to take in the stunning views of The Heads & Manly.E9AF7554-7404-4468-9B71-025D77E67A7F.thumb.jpeg.66251bbaf20706f9d42acec348d4aa4f.jpeg

C7E035B8-2FB3-4EEB-83E7-EA7C2D7DBA6B.thumb.jpeg.6ebfd568f587bc0a2db413623576e984.jpeg

82A13F3B-0F71-4290-AFF1-9C90A8741CE0.thumb.jpeg.ef858dac5caf78ffc0f4e5a628480528.jpeg

CC6E5234-3F35-49CD-A536-55E0A68D5127.thumb.jpeg.3334664b2fe53eda3643a067b185a994.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 17

38 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

The walk finishes at Balmoral.  A beautiful long harbour beach, that is my daughter’s favourite swimming spot in Sydney. 13E40E93-FC94-43BB-8A68-9744CB2193F7.thumb.jpeg.a4a0c120fa22a1fe1168564a51e40bf7.jpeg

1C95103A-5E57-4C65-B0C1-B91D6389CC34.thumb.jpeg.2abc67821beb672efda60068bfbe374d.jpeg

CDF1A744-287E-448A-AF5F-FDA9A2703EE5.thumb.jpeg.3c3a233b251acd49968e0fdbea16437b.jpeg

8BAF3464-818A-4CC5-AD75-FFF246579823.thumb.jpeg.899111ca3f08109d2f72f0a42f9b0cc0.jpeg

28FA6599-930C-4CE5-9F25-774351CE72FF.thumb.jpeg.86c5f0240c9fa7ac035b9af87f0e4362.jpeg

E0B319F8-1800-4A79-92E0-192491DED721.thumb.jpeg.5b7d5fec3590cf05956ab52b1c1bd4a2.jpeg

Thank you for posting all of these fabulous photos.

Graham 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Oh where to begin. 

Well a good place would be at the beginning. 

I am sure people remember hurricane Charlie on Friday the 13, 2004. Our DD was only 10 when we evacuated safely. She was so mature and when we got home we said. “ ok she is showing responsibility so we will get her a kitten that she has been asking for”. We had to wait till spring and in April of 2005 Miss Carrie joined the family. 

Her life existed with Christina non stop. In fact we would tell people Carrie did not walk the first two years of life, she was carried everywhere. 

Then in 2013 Christina went off to college and we inherited Carrie. It took awhile but soon she was my best bud. Always around wherever I was in the house. She would even sneak under the covers at night. My lover girl. But when the DH would catch her and put her at foot of bed and she would stay there till morning. 

Now to the present. 

This past Tuesday she didn’t eat her dinner, started throwing up. I’m thinking hair ball. Medicated. 
Wednesday still throwing up. Eating very little. Not drinking.  I went to store and bought her new food and the treats she likes. Still sleeping with me. 
Thursday. Very sluggish slept all day. Ate a few treats. Slept with me. 

Today. Lethargic, wobbly on feet. Can hardly notice if any food out of bowl. Definitely not perky. Weight loss evident. 

She just turned 17. And in my heart I know it is only a matter of time. No heroics are planned.  Just comforting and tons of snuggles. 

Now, I’m crying. Yea to some she is only a cat. But to me she is the child my daughter raised. 

I know it is only a matter of time. 

Sad in Ohio. 

Carrie a few months ago C96A1399-3979-4A55-A179-C6C1F02A31CC.thumb.jpeg.e8c0acddac3351af686dea8b949ab520.jpegCarrie today ED9F0D4C-EAF0-4FE5-9D9E-8B969A9538AB.thumb.jpeg.ac0c5659ea93cf93cb2096d1a04c189e.jpeg

Really sorry to read this.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'd like to get the full Survivor experience, just to see how Survivor life really is as compared to what we get to see for an hour each week.  I love Jonathan and it would be great to see him win.  He seems to be able to do everything, is an absolute beast when it comes to challenges, has some humility, and is a genuinely nice guy...a combo not often seen.  Every week, he does something that makes you say "wow"...like taking over shooting of the balls and making 5 straight for the win.  If I was playing, he'd be my absolute first target after the merge because he is such a threat.  There was a little bit of talk about voting him out last week but there didn't seemed to be any talk of him this week. 

Every season, so many contestants seem to let their own emotions and ego get in the way.  "So and so back stabbed me 2 weeks ago and he has to go".  Back stabbing is part of the game.  Why take it so personally?  Why not use it strategically?  Boston Rob seemed to be the master at that.  Maybe that's easier said than done when living in those conditions.  Or maybe a lot more of that is happening and the show's producers are only showing me what they think will make for good TV.  The show has been on for so long now that they obviously know what people want to see and are very good at delivering it.

Completely agree with your assessment of the game and of Jonathan. I would like to see him win.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Our 16 year old granddaughter is in the hospital in the Dominican Republic with a stomach virus.  She traveled there with her girlfriend  Bella and Bella's family.  The entire family had been sick all week, and Ava was the last to get it, and obviously the worst.  She has been in the hospital for the past 2 days and will be there overnight as well with an IV to keep her hydrated.  Bella's family has been with Ava the entire time in the hospital.  They are supposed to all fly home tomorrow, God Willing.  🙏🙏

Prayers gratefully accepted❤️

Maryann

Fortunately, there is nothing complicated about treating this. So though I appreciate your concern for your granddaughter don't worry that the treatment is occuring in the D.R. I am sure they can handle this just fine.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi from Allure. Had a great flight down on a 1/4 empty plane, plenty of personal space and no screaming kids. Check in was a breeze. Usually I am tired the first evening but I wasn't last night. Went to bed around 12:45 AM and woke up this morning around 4:30. Sea day today and Mama Mia tonight.

Pricing on internet has gone up. I mention that in case it helps you decide whether to pre-purchase or wait to board. I'll post a pic of the price sheet.

No sunset pics from last night. It was cloudy and nothing spectacular. I played a bit with the camera last night. @Ozark_Kid these were taken in pro mode....

20220422_232658.thumb.jpg.ec1552db2302d4e954b9babe8a0efcbf.jpg

20220422_232211.thumb.jpg.7aec1869c38f3aab39dae6f84d698d04.jpg

• Like 26

19 hours ago, Lionesss said:

She just turned 17. And in my heart I know it is only a matter of time. No heroics are planned.  Just comforting and tons of snuggles. 

Now, I’m crying. Yea to some she is only a cat. But to me she is the child my daughter raised. 

I know it is only a matter of time. 

Sorry to hear this.  It sounds similar to the stray kitten our daughter brought home when she was 3 or 4.  Bella was with us through her college years.

Sad for you from across the border.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Our 16 year old granddaughter is in the hospital in the Dominican Republic with a stomach virus.  She traveled there with her girlfriend  Bella and Bella's family.  The entire family had been sick all week, and Ava was the last to get it, and obviously the worst.  She has been in the hospital for the past 2 days and will be there overnight as well with an IV to keep her hydrated.  Bella's family has been with Ava the entire time in the hospital.  They are supposed to all fly home tomorrow, God Willing.  🙏🙏

Prayers gratefully accepted❤️

Maryann

Maryann, I hope your granddaughter is better and is able to fly home.  🙏 

We never stop worrying about kids and grandkids.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Had several pages to catch up on this morning.  I had a new gazebo delivered last week, so I spent the sunny day yesterday, erecting the sidewalls and roof frame.  Today, I hope to finish the roof.

I think I will like that over our hot tub, and it has some features that will give us some privacy from the neighbors.  My daughter graduated with the one neighbor, and she told her that they watch us in the hot tub.  So I guess we have to behave, at least until the project is finished 😏😳

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

@aussielozzie18

Thank you-------I  needed your beautiful pictures now more than ever.

@oceanboy

Your an early bird, and I must say you captured the moment.

Thank you for the morning pictures.

Soon for us, in a mere less than 3 weeks.

If you have time to post, can you update us on number of cruisers and if there are any ongoing new changes coming out of COVID Circa 2022.

Thank you have a safe journey.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Hi from Allure. Had a great flight down on a 1/4 empty plane, plenty of personal space and no screaming kids. Check in was a breeze. Usually I am tired the first evening but I wasn't last night. Went to bed around 12:45 AM and woke up this morning around 4:30. Sea day today and Mama Mia tonight.

Pricing on internet has gone up. I mention that in case it helps you decide whether to pre-purchase or wait to board. I'll post a pic of the price sheet.

No sunset pics from last night. It was cloudy and nothing spectacular. I played a bit with the camera last night. @Ozark_Kid these were taken in pro mode....

20220422_232658.thumb.jpg.ec1552db2302d4e954b9babe8a0efcbf.jpg

20220422_232211.thumb.jpg.7aec1869c38f3aab39dae6f84d698d04.jpg

I'm liking the pictures.  They look great for low light shots.  It seems like the weather has been iffy for the last few weeks...overcast and a bit windy.  The law of averages says that it has to get back to sunny, warm, and breezy in the Caribbean.  Your cruise would be a great time for it to start! 

What was your first drink?

• Like 2

The only thing that is getting us through these final days with Carrie are her memories.

Carrie was always a cat with attitude, but took care of our daughter and was a lady to her.

When she would have to go to the VET for whatever reason, they did not look forward to her hissing, biting, screaming.  She never had to go for a follow up visit after surgery, they said I was a nurse and could evaluate and they would save us the trip (lol).

But us, well for years we were always greeted with a morning HISS, but as she became our one and only those became actually kisses when we would ask for a kiss, she would come and rub our face.

And at night she was quickly asleep on her cushion at the foot of our bed, before we were asleep, and we would often wake up with her under the covers.

She never played with cat toys, but any photograph not glassed enclosed was the best treat a cat could gnaw on. Whether it was on a desk, island, or just waiting to be hung, she would find.  Many a great memory went through her digestive track.

So last night, we stayed with her watching tv till 11:30.

She was fast asleep on a chair.

I went upstairs first, and as the DH was doing his final rounds, I heard a 

THUD, THUD, THUD THUD.

Here Carrie made her way upstairs and walked into the room.

After I got into bed, she kept wobbling back and forth back and forth and could not get up on her cushion (It is on the hope chest at the foot of our bed).

So Rick put her at the foot of the bed, and although she was restless she laid quietly till 7 am.

I awoke and had 2 green eyes staring at me. I called her name and asked for kisses, she stared, zoned out.

So after a few tears I got out of bed and she started  to try to walk across the bed and kept falling.

Wobbly, she was carried downstairs.

Put in her litter box, nada

Put by her water and fresh food dish nada.

Now when we call her name, her tail moves a little, but she no longer looks at us.

She is sitting and tilting on the throw rug in the kitchen.

Oh it is so hard.

I'm ready for Carrie to be at peace, but Rick after everything that has happened over the last few years needs, time.

Painful, 

Now as i started typing this it was overcast and cloudy, and now a ray of sunshine is coming in through the window in the computer room................................................................

• Like 23

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

The only thing that is getting us through these final days with Carrie are her memories.

Carrie was always a cat with attitude, but took care of our daughter and was a lady to her.

When she would have to go to the VET for whatever reason, they did not look forward to her hissing, biting, screaming.  She never had to go for a follow up visit after surgery, they said I was a nurse and could evaluate and they would save us the trip (lol).

But us, well for years we were always greeted with a morning HISS, but as she became our one and only those became actually kisses when we would ask for a kiss, she would come and rub our face.

And at night she was quickly asleep on her cushion at the foot of our bed, before we were asleep, and we would often wake up with her under the covers.

She never played with cat toys, but any photograph not glassed enclosed was the best treat a cat could gnaw on. Whether it was on a desk, island, or just waiting to be hung, she would find.  Many a great memory went through her digestive track.

So last night, we stayed with her watching tv till 11:30.

She was fast asleep on a chair.

I went upstairs first, and as the DH was doing his final rounds, I heard a 

THUD, THUD, THUD THUD.

Here Carrie made her way upstairs and walked into the room.

After I got into bed, she kept wobbling back and forth back and forth and could not get up on her cushion (It is on the hope chest at the foot of our bed).

So Rick put her at the foot of the bed, and although she was restless she laid quietly till 7 am.

I awoke and had 2 green eyes staring at me. I called her name and asked for kisses, she stared, zoned out.

So after a few tears I got out of bed and she started  to try to walk across the bed and kept falling.

Wobbly, she was carried downstairs.

Put in her litter box, nada

Put by her water and fresh food dish nada.

Now when we call her name, her tail moves a little, but she no longer looks at us.

She is sitting and tilting on the throw rug in the kitchen.

Oh it is so hard.

I'm ready for Carrie to be at peace, but Rick after everything that has happened over the last few years needs, time.

Painful, 

Now as i started typing this it was overcast and cloudy, and now a ray of sunshine is coming in through the window in the computer room................................................................

This is such a difficult time.  I feel for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Had several pages to catch up on this mornin from our neighbors, but we have this cover lifterg.  I had a new gazebo delivered last week, so I spent the sunny day yesterday, erecting the sidewalls and roof frame.  Today, I hope to finish the roof.

I think I will like that over our hot tub, and it has some features that will give us some privacy from the neighbors.  My daughter graduated with the one neighbor, and she told her that they watch us in the hot tub.  So I guess we have to behave, at least until the project is finished 😏😳

Our hot tub can only be seen by one side by our 1 neighbor, still quite a ways away because the size of our lot but we have this hot tub cover lifter then screens them out from seeing our heads in the hot tub. Works fine for us. Not sure how you get your cover on and off.

https://www.integrityspas.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=COVER_CADDY

• Like 3