Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, cynt said:

I'm HANGRY!!! I'm on a liquid clear diet today and I'm currently drinking this god awful Suprep to prepare for my colonoscopy in the morning. I want to scream, fight, cry and have a temper tantrum all at the same time while eating a cheeseburger w/ bacon and french fries. 

OK. I feel much better typing how I feel. 

The Suprep taste like flat alka seltzer plus. I loathe alka seltzer plus. So I'm struggling big time. A straw seems to help me get it down. I just finished drinking the 3rd of 6 glasses. Pray my strength.

I feel ya.  My trick(s) were a straw as far back in my throat as I could stand it, make it with crystal light, and get it as cold as I could without freezing.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My poor Eric has an infected (abscess) tooth this week.   He broke a tooth on our Anthem sailing end of March (like I was supposed to remember that) and last week another piece chipped off.    I said you should call the dentist as it probably needs to be pulled if pieces are cracking off.      Did he call - NO!

Now it is all swollen and I was able to get Dentist to squeeze him late this afternoon.    Now on antibiotic and getting pulled next week.    He teeth have become bad in the last couple of years and suspect he will need dentures in the near future.      

Poor Eric!  an abscess is so very painful!  It sounds like you've got a great dentist like we have, squeezing Eric in for an emergency.  I hope the swelling goes down quickly, so he'll feel some relief.  Believe me, I've had more than my share with dental work.  Feel better, Eric!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Oh, my, that is so frightening. I've "understood" the snake, but couldn't figure what the other "mass" was.... a garden ornament replicating a snake??

NOW ( @aussielozzie18 it seems, has previous knowledge...), after google-ing it... A toad, poisonous, and ugly to boot -- ugh.

Silly me.  I thought the third picture was of a snake egg.  That toad is huge!

37 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Immunosuppressants!  Charlie goes right away if he feels a problem starting.  That is one of the things they harp on at Columbia, dental visits!,

For sure!  Jim takes 4 amoxicillian about an hour before his cleanings.  We always travel with amoxicillian in our bags.

34 minutes ago, George C said:

Recently got a estimate of 6k to replace a tooth and some minor gum surgery 😢.

Ouch!  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Poor Eric!  an abscess is so very painful!  It sounds like you've got a great dentist like we have, squeezing Eric in for an emergency.  I hope the swelling goes down quickly, so he'll feel some relief.  Believe me, I've had more than my share with dental work.  Feel better, Eric!

He says Thank you!    and I Thank you too!

That would be great if your Daughter is able to help upload a photo of Ava in her prom dress.     I bet Ava could upload the photo in a matter of seconds😃    I hope it works but if not I am sure she will be beautiful.🌻

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Yikes.  I have two implants and it was less then that for both.  Of course it has been a few years since I had it done.

Yeah , she is rated as one of the best in her field but that is a lot . Visits are always pain free.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cynt said:

I'm HANGRY!!! I'm on a liquid clear diet today and I'm currently drinking this god awful Suprep to prepare for my colonoscopy in the morning. I want to scream, fight, cry and have a temper tantrum all at the same time while eating a cheeseburger w/ bacon and french fries. 

The Suprep taste like flat alka seltzer plus. I loathe alka seltzer plus. So I'm struggling big time. A straw seems to help me get it down. I just finished drinking the 3rd of 6 glasses. Pray my strength.

Ahhh!    I feel for you I had my first colonoscopy 3 weeks ago.       I mixed mine with yellow gatorade in a pitcher and put in fridge to get cold.   IMO, Drinking the mixture wasn't as bad as running to bathroom every 10 to 20 minutes for a couple of hours.        You will feel so much better once you get to sleep this evening.      Good luck tomorrow I hope all goes well with your procedure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

We were on the 27th.  Other than some rain here and there, I was fine.  Shorts all week (except for boarding day).  My wife, on the other hand....LOL

Maybe we met and don't even know it!     We did have nice smooth seas with great weather except that one rainy sea day on the way home.     The week before was basically the same weather as the week of the 27th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Immunosuppressants!  Charlie goes right away if he feels a problem starting.  That is one of the things they harp on at Columbia, dental visits!,

Yes, they harp about it here too!    But Eric tries to ignore problems and that usually backfires on him.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

He says Thank you!    and I Thank you too!

That would be great if your Daughter is able to help upload a photo of Ava in her prom dress.     I bet Ava could upload the photo in a matter of seconds😃    I hope it works but if not I am sure she will be beautiful.🌻

Thank you, Debbie! 🤞on uploading the pic!😊

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cynt said:

UGHHHHHH! I just made an appointment today for the office visit to get my first colonoscopy scheduled. I'll be 49 next month, but my doctor insisted that I do it now before 50 anyway... *Sigh*

• Like 4

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

In the area of New York known as The Five Towns you can see that at times as well.Tonight people in the town I reside in will be gathered in one synagogue for the Yom Hashoah (Rememberance) or on Zoom if they cannot physically attend .It is important for the children to view it even though it is sorrowfull.Both of my parents had siblings who died in Concentration Camps and this is something that the world can never forget .We are also there for the people of Ukraine .

Lenny, the Five Towns sounds a siren and everyone stands still?  I never knew that.  Most synagogues have a special event.  Very meaningful.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My poor Eric has an infected (abscess) tooth this week.   He broke a tooth on our Anthem sailing end of March (like I was supposed to remember that) and last week another piece chipped off.    I said you should call the dentist as it probably needs to be pulled if pieces are cracking off.      Did he call - NO!

Now it is all swollen and I was able to get Dentist to squeeze him late this afternoon.    Now on antibiotic and getting pulled next week.    He teeth have become bad in the last couple of years and suspect he will need dentures in the near future.      

Tooth pains are horrendous!!   Echoing what others said about hoping Eric finds relief after the dentist visit.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

UGHHHHHH! I just made an appointment today for the office visit to get my first colonoscopy scheduled. I'll be 49 next month, but my doctor insisted that I do it now before 50 anyway... *Sigh*

At least your doctor is up on the newer recommendations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Maybe we met and don't even know it!     We did have nice smooth seas with great weather except that one rainy sea day on the way home.     The week before was basically the same weather as the week of the 27th.

Could have!  We did meet some very cool people that week...probably our best "people" cruise that we've had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

My doc said they are now recommending anyone 45 or older get a colonoscopy.     

I was so happy when doc said I was good to go for another 7 yrs.  

Little FYI, is you still get your period they will give you a pregnancy test that morning before they do the procedure.  

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Yikes.  I have two implants and it was less then that for both.  Of course it has been a few years since I had it done.

Precovid Eric was quoted $2500 to $3000 per implant depending on tooth location.   I forgot they told him he wouldn't be able to get dentures because he grinds his teeth when he sleeps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I feel so bad for Eric that is painful and no fun. I hope he gets relief soon.

2 hours ago, cynt said:

I feel for you. That prep just makes me gag. I don’t like the taste but just drinking that large amount of liquid drives me crazy.

12 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Hey Greg, this is for Charlie and Lizzie 

40033709-31D9-43EA-9676-FDF858616E22.thumb.webp.befd5f79ae4901a6dacf4a65e1dd7dfe.webp

Thanks for this. They are kinda hurting but still wag their tails.

• Like 4

The pups are home and feeling puny but are still wagging their tails. A couple of times if they move the wrong way they yelp. We have pain pills but no cones of shame. The vet said to just keep an eye on them. Sleeping now but otherwise doing ok.

996B1F1D-71FC-4579-9361-28896AF59F04.thumb.jpeg.20d49ee689d4b7e297f49430ea303ed4.jpeg

BA7664A8-6031-46B6-94B8-B55A6FD3BEC2.thumb.jpeg.59141787053a895e41799fd62fbe5130.jpeg

• Like 18

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When you posted the Strawberries I looked up to see when we could get some here.  It looked like it would be 3 weeks.  Well look what we found today!  Looks like Arkansas Strawberries are ready.   They had 3 varieties. 

image.thumb.png.90bed279de0f8ae6670ed24c48cbfd91.png

Excited to see fresh strawberries.   I cannot wait to see in my area

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The pups are home and feeling puny but are still wagging their tails. A couple of times if they move the wrong way they yelp. We have pain pills but no cones of shame. The vet said to just keep an eye on them. Sleeping now but otherwise doing ok.

996B1F1D-71FC-4579-9361-28896AF59F04.thumb.jpeg.20d49ee689d4b7e297f49430ea303ed4.jpeg

BA7664A8-6031-46B6-94B8-B55A6FD3BEC2.thumb.jpeg.59141787053a895e41799fd62fbe5130.jpeg

I'm glad they did well. Charlie is looking at you awfully skeptically. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

At least they are going thru this together.  Lizzy looks uncomfortable.  Poor babies.  Hopefully they sleep through the night and feel better in the morning.

Your Kitty is probably have flashback nightmares🐱

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Poor babies!!

• Like 2