Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m used to spring allergies as a long time sufferer.

For me this has been much worse than a head cold for me.  It feels like a vice on my head, along with a horrendous sinus headache.  I have been doing my best to stay hydrated.  My appetite is low with just 3 bowls of cereal being consumed the last two days.  I have been basically lounging on my bed the last two days. Lisa has been doing better than me, but is also two days ahead of being being patient zero for our home. 

I’m optimistic that today will be a better day. 

I hope you both feel better soon. Is Owen Ok?

We still watch one episode of Perry Mason daily . We watch a lot of fictional doctor shows and it can get too bloody for me . I like the Golden Girls for fun and no thinking required. We’ve seen all the Seinfeld shows and I’ve seen him perform in person four times.  Not of fan of reality programs. We lived three miles from the filming studio of NCIS and never watched it. 

We’ve been watching Jeopardy every single night and it didn’t record last night when the Canadian lost.  

Andrew feel better soon . 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NHProud said:

I remember the conversation on here about defective Samsung refrigerators and thinking we’ve been lucky with our 10 year old model. Well , today it started leaking and my husband with his one day old new knee is mopping up the floor with a deep knee bend . No pain , yet ! 

Jury duty on a civil case which lasted three months and the award was 2.5 million dollars . Pediatric gastroenterologist sued Children’s Hospital because they didn’t renew his contract.  After 8 days of deliberation they decided to settle. 

I’ve come to the conclusion after 2 days I’m not Greg’s Linda and definitely not a saint . 

My DH and I are so different when it comes to bedside manner. 
When I’ve needed him after surgeries, he’s been there 100%. With a smile. 
And I’m so grateful. 
When he is sick, he’s a total grouch, and doesn’t want me “bothering” him. 
No offers of food or drink, or something to read. Just leave him alone! 
So I get pampered when I need it, but I don’t have to reciprocate!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, NHProud said:

We still watch one episode of Perry Mason daily . We watch a lot of fictional doctor shows and it can get too bloody for me . I like the Golden Girls for fun and no thinking required. We’ve seen all the Seinfeld shows and I’ve seen him perform in person four times.  Not of fan of reality programs. We lived three miles from the filming studio of NCIS and never watched it. 

We’ve been watching Jeopardy every single night and it didn’t record last night when the Canadian lost.  

Have you seen the new Perry Mason on hbo , very R rated show, I found it interesting.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

My fraternity house served dinner every night promptly at 6:00pm.  MASH reruns were on at 5:00 and 5:30. Everyone gathered before dinner to watch TV.  I must have seen every episode 2 or 3 times.  Great show.  

Same in our dorm. Reruns were better than the drivel at the end.

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The "Time Capsule" show is one I'll never forget. I still remember where I was when I watched the farewell show. M*A*S*H deserved the ending that it got.

I did not know that " Time Capsule" was filmed after the finale.

I hated the final episode. Having that mother suffocate her baby to keep them safe still upsets me. It was good writing and put just the right ending, but I hated it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My DH and I are so different when it comes to bedside manner. 
When I’ve needed him after surgeries, he’s been there 100%. With a smile. 
And I’m so grateful. 
When he is sick, he’s a total grouch, and doesn’t want me “bothering” him. 
No offers of food or drink, or something to read. Just leave him alone! 
So I get pampered when I need it, but I don’t have to reciprocate!

They had to strap me to the bed after my spinal surgery🤣

50 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Since everyone is talking age and tv shows I will share mine. I'm 65 for another couple of weeks. As a kid growing up in the 60's I loved watching television. Maybe that's why I ended up in broadcast television. So these were my favorite shows but not listed in order.

Dick Van Dyke

Leave it to Beaver

The Andy Griffith Show

Bewitched

Gilligan's Island

Get Smart

Hogan's Heroes

Beverly Hillbillies

Adam-12

Cartoons included:

Looney Tunes

Road Runner

Johnny Quest

The Jetsons

The Flintstones

For music I watched I watched "Where the Action Is" and love Paul Revere and the Raiders. I also as a kid watched our local ABC news on KMBC-9. Who knew that I would eventually work for them for 40 years.

No love for I Dream of Jeannie?

Screenshot_20220507-111300_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6b0d05d501361bdbe9563b38d6b49a76.jpg

One reason I wanted a Cocoa Beach address

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Passed by the florist late this afternoon.  Huge queue for flowers for Mother’s Day tomorrow. Must be their busiest day after Valentines Day.

My DH’s mother passed when he was 15 (melanoma) and my mum passed when I was 40 (breast cancer) and both our grandmothers are long gone so tomorrow is just for me.  We are driving up to the Blue Mountains to do some walks etc.  Weather will be brrrr but sunny.  Hope to get some nice photos which will make a change from my usual Bridge/Opera House/Harbour photos.

What is the bird with the long neck in your latest photos? I’ve never seen one like it. 
I had to laugh at the cockatoo in the tree. 
I felt the way I did when I saw birds in Australia. My first thought was that someone’s pet bird flew away. 
It’s amazing that such beautiful species developed Down Under and so different from the rest of the world. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Mattea had a very big lead at one point,  so we sure didn’t see it coming!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I have that one, plus many other original posters from the 60’s and 70’s stored in my attic.  I may have to go thru them sometime to see if any are worth anything.  I remember there being an Easy Rider poster among them. 

I have a large collection of movie posters and sports posters.The Author Archer Mayor found out that I am a fan of his writing and he sent me an autographed poster of one of his books.He got my name and address from a bookstore owner in Vermont.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

M*A*S*H is one of those shows I watch an episode or two every night.  That is, except tonight when we binged the first 4 episodes of the new Bosch series.

I was about 7 pages behind today, because we spent it watching our grandkids.  Heavy rain here all day long.  

I also binged the first 4 episodes of Bosch.I am looking forward to the next 2 on May 11.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Agreed, Spamalot was hilarious.  I must've seen it towards the end of its run. I was laughing so hard I missed parts of the show so about 5 or 6 months later, I wanted to go again but it had closed. 

It would be worthy addition to any Royal ship, maybe replacing Cats? 😉 

I saw Spamalot twice.It was a great show.All of the old TV shows and several of the movies are on Netflix .Even though I saw them many times I watched them again.I will never tire of their comedy.

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Mash is still on at my house, Charlie loves it.  He also loves Hogan’s  Heroes which gives me a headache!

I love Mash .I also loved the movie .Hogan’s Heroes was not something that I cared for that much.

Charlie has been watching Hogan’s Heroes forever.  Back in 1973 my son was a newborn who was always waking up all night long.  I would try to go to sleep and would hear the Hogan’s Heroes theme song and knew the baby would be up also.  I think that was what turned me off and it was already in reruns in 1973.😳

Edited by DaniDanielle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Grew up watching on the 3 channel TV when I could get it since I was the lowest bottom feeder in the family, and it was never my turn.

M.A.S.H.

Hogans Heroes

Dark Shadows

Gilligans Island

Donny and Marie

Missed many episodes, but eventually as they played them over and over again, I got to see them.

I am older than nearly everyone who posts here.The TV shows that I watched as a kid were Howdy Doody,Captain Video,Sky King,Lassie ,Adventures of Rin Tin Tin and My Little Margie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Since everyone is talking age and tv shows I will share mine. I'm 65 for another couple of weeks. As a kid growing up in the 60's I loved watching television. Maybe that's why I ended up in broadcast television. So these were my favorite shows but not listed in order.

Dick Van Dyke

Leave it to Beaver

The Andy Griffith Show

Bewitched

Gilligan's Island

Get Smart

Hogan's Heroes

Beverly Hillbillies

Adam-12

Cartoons included:

Looney Tunes

Road Runner

Johnny Quest

The Jetsons

The Flintstones

For music I watched I watched "Where the Action Is" and love Paul Revere and the Raiders. I also as a kid watched our local ABC news on KMBC-9. Who knew that I would eventually work for them for 40 years.

I watched Leave It To Beaver and Get Smart too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

I liked Perry Mason with Raymond Burr when I was young.I believe I saw all the Seinfeld shows.I have not watched much of Jeopardy without Alex Trebeck.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie has been watching Hogan’s Heroes forever.  Back in 1973 my son was a newborn who was always waking up all night long.  I would try to go to sleep and would hear the Hogan’s Heroes theme song and knew the baby would be up also.  I think that was what turned me off amd it was a,ready in reruns in 1973.😳

I like Law and Order .I probably saw every show of the original ,not the spin-offs.

Toby’s sister has a friend who is a retired stage actor.Five years ago he told me that in between productions he would get work on Law and Order playing usually a Judge or Jury Foreman with one or two lines.I have been re watching looking for the guy and have yet to see him.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No love for I Dream of Jeannie?

Screenshot_20220507-111300_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6b0d05d501361bdbe9563b38d6b49a76.jpg

One reason I wanted a Cocoa Beach address

Yes! I used to watch that show all the time as well. Probably seen every episode multiple times, except for the first season which I believe was still filmed in black and white. Only once did I see the pilot episode when Ton finds Jeannie. I guess my local station didn't have the rights to the first season or perhaps the just wanted the color episodes.

The show kinda lost it's mojo one they got married. I wonder of they could make a show today with a woman calling her man "master"? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

We had our grandsons for the night, enabling their parents a very rare Friday evening out.

My painter hubby facing fierce competition....

image.thumb.jpeg.44f9fee3f1b4374b8a494b5a6cecb1c3.jpeg

and we took them for a walk, a sunny Saturday morning here.

image.thumb.jpeg.b24fba8a61367f3e7e07175f0bf2c1f4.jpeg

Happy Mother's day !!!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4