Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

My observation on everyone's beautiful grandchildren.  I must be the only person on this thread without blond grandchildren!!  I come from a family of 8 children.  Three of my siblings were blond.  I became blonde at the age of 18..lol and stayed blonde for most of my life.   Jim and I have 3 daughters..not one of them are blonde, nor are any of my grandchildren.  Meanwhile, all of my siblings have had at least one blonde child...just my observation.

My grand kids do not have blonde hair either.I had red hair till age 12,blond hair till age 17,reddish brown hair till age 42 .Prematurely grey and white hair since 2011.My wife had blonde hair most of her life thus far.

Our daughters have dark hair ,their husbands have dark hair ,my grand dog and grand puppy have dark hair.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Just finished the last episode of Season 1. Loved all the episodes but man was it intense at times. Looks there will be a season 2 though not confirmed.

I will be watching that next.Currently I am watching ClickBait.There are 8 episodes,I have 3 to go.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Just finished the last episode of Season 1. Loved all the episodes but man was it intense at times. Looks there will be a season 2 though not confirmed.

We watched the first two episodes last night.  It was a little after 9:00, and I turned the show off before episode 3..I told Jim I had to watch something light before bed, since the show is so intense.  It's really good!

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 7:09 PM, dani negreanu said:

איתי ועמית.jpg

On 8/19/2021 at 7:32 PM, dani negreanu said:

Truth to be told, I wouldn't mind some blond curls, like I've seen in your pictures....

Their father was blond for his 2 first years, and then he took a turn to "dark"... 😍

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

My observation on everyone's beautiful grandchildren.  I must be the only person on this thread without blond grandchildren!!  

No.... you're not 🥰

• Like 3

Now onto eye color!  My Dad had green eyes, my Mom had brown.  My older sister and I have my dad's green eyes, four of my siblings have brown, and my twin brothers have/had blue eyes.  One of the twins' eye color changed from blue to green as he got older.  Jim has brown eyes, as did his mom.  His one sister has blue, as did their dad.  Our three daughters all have brown;  Jen's is dark brown, our twins have light brown eyes.  Jennifer's 3 children have brown, Judy's boys have blue (like their dad), and Melanie's daughter has my green eyes;   her son has brown.

I don't know why I'm writing all of this.  I really should sit down and start paying the bills since it is the beginning of the month!🤪

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Jim and I started watching "The Defeated" on Netflix as per someone's suggestion on this thread.

We are hooked!

I finished “The Defeated” the other day.  It was a great show.  I started watching “Clickbait” also on Netflix yesterday.  I’ve see two episodes so far and it’s a great show.  I would be further along with the series if I didn’t keep getting dragged into watching all the various press briefings about the messed up *****$how dominating the news. 😤

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

How do you ship a pastrami sandwich???? In a box, in vacuum???? Is it same day shipping?

Confused mind wants to know 😁

Note to myself: If and when you'll ever be in NYC again, try one 😉

I'm not sure exactly how it was shipped.  I know that bread was packed separately from the pastrami and mustard.  I think it was all packed in dry ice in a styrofoam box but not positive.  I just saw the sandwiches and my mind went on pause. I don't know how long it was received from the time it was ordered.  If charged, shipping would have been $20+.  It was a "gift" lunch so I never asked the cost of the sandwiches.

4 hours ago, George C said:

In general I love living in Dallas area, but definitely miss the food in New York City, the pizza and the pastrami etc etc, but I need a cold beer with my pastrami . I have been to the second ave deli also. 

And bagels made with NYC water. 

On our recent trip we had pizza 5 times in almost 3 weeks.  Bagels for breakfast when we didn't go out to one of the infamous Jersey diners and deli twice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We watched the first two episodes last night.  It was a little after 9:00, and I turned the show off before episode 3..I told Jim I had to watch something light before bed, since the show is so intense.  It's really good!

Eric watched the series Defeated and enjoyed it and yes, he said the same definitely intense.    I haven't watched it but will have to check it out. 

I started watching the new season of American Horror Double Feature and had to shut off around 9:30 the other night, like you said I wanted light to watch before bed.      

2 episodes so far and not sure I will stick with it much longer if it is going to be as gruesome as some of the American Horror seasons. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 8:31 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Betty White is awesome.🙂 A few nights ago I saw the movie "The Proposal" again for I don't know how many times. She was so funny.

Betty White is a national treasure.  Here's a link to her "Dusty Muffin" skit from Saturday Night Live.  I won't embed the actual video here because some may not appreciate this humor.

Betty White SNL Skit

• Like 1

Trying this again as the first time that I posted seem to have disappeared into the ether.  I am back from my 4 day golf trip.  Got home at 1:30am this morning.  After 4 days of too many golf swings in hot/humid weather, too many beers/bourbons, and too much junky food, I need at least a full day to recover.  I'll cover it in more detail in an upcoming post but the Big Cedar Resorts golf courses were great and the views were spectacular.  Pics to follow.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My oldest daughter and her family made it in this evening just in time for dinner.  The big shocker was no one was was interested in plant-based meatballs over cauliflower noodles so off to the Patio!  The kids did finish it off with some healthy dessert.15C4B51A-3966-44F6-BA70-67AC90313BE2.thumb.jpeg.9b7c24ce84ec75774ad60befe18e811a.jpeg9C03EA95-5EB5-44F0-8340-E9171972AE3D.thumb.jpeg.41cad0acb97a8b5b5ca4ea0e19ef7d19.jpeg7D0B5894-CF3B-4B59-9616-78EBAA91FC5F.thumb.jpeg.1e94b94cd7157d70edbac72df579d96d.jpeg

Love these pictures!  This is just genuine, old fashioned joy.  Great smiles!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Betty White is a national treasure.  Here's a link to her "Dusty Muffin" skit from Saturday Night Live.  I won't embed the actual video here because some may not appreciate this humor.

Betty White SNL Skit

OMG, that is priceless!     thank you digging up this clip, loved it!

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Is it good, Lenny?

It is great.I have one episode to go and I still have no idea who the murderer is.Usually I am very good at figuring out the guilty person early in the show.The star was the star of the TV show Entourage that was on TV from 2004 to 2011.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Bummer about no lake swimming.  Luckily, there is so much there for you and your family to enjoy!!  One of our daughters and our grandsons have been at Lake George for a long weekend, and they were hoping to get into the lake this year.  Last year it was way too cold. 

In 1974 one of my wife’s co-workers told her about Lake George.We stayed at a motel in Bolton Landing and fell in love with the area.We spent 2 weeks in LG or Bolton Landing every summer from 1974 to 1988.We went back in 1997.My kids tell people that it was their favorite vacation area.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Now onto eye color!  My Dad had green eyes, my Mom had brown.  My older sister and I have my dad's green eyes, four of my siblings have brown, and my twin brothers have/had blue eyes.  One of the twins' eye color changed from blue to green as he got older.  Jim has brown eyes, as did his mom.  His one sister has blue, as did their dad.  Our three daughters all have brown;  Jen's is dark brown, our twins have light brown eyes.  Jennifer's 3 children have brown, Judy's boys have blue (like their dad), and Melanie's daughter has my green eyes;   her son has brown.

I don't know why I'm writing all of this.  I really should sit down and start paying the bills since it is the beginning of the month!🤪

I am the only one in my family to have blue eyes.I am also the only one to have a beard 😀

• Like 3