Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

When I lived in Ft. Lauderdale, I drove home to SI to be a bridesmaid in a friend's Wedding.  It was around 1968.  I didn't bring a date, and I gave the Bride a generous monetary gift.  Three years later, she was one of my bridesmaids.  She gave me a statue, and as she did so, she said that I had only given her a $10 bill.  I was speechless.  Her Maid of Honor's name was Maryann.....so, there's that!🤔

After we had our first daughter, we were invited to this "friend's" house for dinner.  Our daughter was around one years old, and had spaghetti on the floor where she was eating.  Friend looked at me and said "You're cleaning that up".  Of course, I was going to clean it up....seriously??  I believe that was the last time we saw each other.  Good grief!

Happy, Happy 65th Birthday to our kind and wonderful friend across the Ocean, Graham!!!!🎂

Have a fabulous and memorable day today!!!🎂❤️

Thank you so much for your lovely message which I really appreciate.

Graham.

• Like 1

Graham...where in England?  We were supposed to come into Tilbury at the end of a Northern Lights cruise but unfortunately the weather had other plans. The cruise ended abruptly with half the passengers being airlifted to safety by the Norway equivalent of the US Coast Guard rescue helicopters. The only time we've been to England thus far was back in '08 and so were really looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Have a safe journey home

Thank you     Both cars are packed except for some essentials I will use the morning.     Eric's job is to eat food that will spoil and I don't feel like taking home with us.      He's doing good so far 🤣

I hope to be back here for Thanksgiving but still waiting on the family vote I emailed to find out if everyone wants to do Thanksgiving at LBI or at home.   

• Like 5

9 hours ago, jagsfan said:

True.
But all of my other surgeries were to fix something. After my really bad experience with my only  other abdominal surgery, though, if I think about it, it all comes back, ventilator and all. 
I pushed to get the train in motion and the earliest possible surgery date, and I’m taking each day as it comes and trying not to anticipate it more than I have to. 

Mimi, you are in our thoughts and prayers for positive results from surgery.  😍

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

When I lived in Ft. Lauderdale, I drove home to SI to be a bridesmaid in a friend's Wedding.  It was around 1968.  I didn't bring a date, and I gave the Bride a generous monetary gift.  Three years later, she was one of my bridesmaids.  She gave me a statue, and as she did so, she said that I had only given her a $10 bill.  I was speechless.  Her Maid of Honor's name was Maryann.....so, there's that!🤔

After we had our first daughter, we were invited to this "friend's" house for dinner.  Our daughter was around one years old, and had spaghetti on the floor where she was eating.  Friend looked at me and said "You're cleaning that up".  Of course, I was going to clean it up....seriously??  I believe that was the last time we saw each other.  Good grief!

Ugghh!  People never cease to amaze me.  Sorry you had to go thru that, but sounds like it was for the best.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I am going to meet a new kitty at the animal shelter this afternoon. She is 2 years old and was already spayed when she came to the shelter as a stray. It makes me sad to think she had a family at one point and what might have happened. I hope she likes us.

Please share pictures of new kitty😺

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Not yet.  Hopefully in the morning.  Thanks and have a safe trip home.  What time is Thanksgiving dinner????🤪

Thank you.  Going to leave here around 11 am then stop at vincentown diner for lunch.  Waiting for test results is the worst. 

We usually eat around 4 pm

• Like 2