Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Another spectacular sunny day here in the Dallas area.  Going up to 80 and I am not complaining!

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Still cold in the foothills of the Ozarks.  It is only going to 64° today, mid 70’s tomorrow. 🥶 

Brrrrr.  It's cold and blustery here.  37 this morning;  49 degrees with a 43 feel here now.  I can't wait to get to Florida.  Forty two more days.

• Like 4

I hate the wait at the dmv.  Here you get a number and then wait.  I have to go soon to get plates for the new car.

Still cold in the foothills of the Ozarks.  It is only going to 64° today, mid 70’s tomorrow. 🥶 

Pre covid, no appointments were necessary.  Just show up and wait, wait, wait for your number to be called. At least every other renewal can be made online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I have renewed my DL here in Florida at least three times in a row online.   My picture is starting to look 

like someone that could be my grand daughter!!  😮😉 

That last line made me giggle.  Wish we could renew online all the time but drats we can't do it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

No...you are not alone!  😉  Grew up in Michigan...we had a lot of really bad ones up there as I grew up, and indeed Dorothy did not help matters!  😮 

I remember when a tornado touched down in Brooklyn, more than once.  Now, THAT is weird.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sheal said:

Andrew,

I'm glad Owen is on the road to recovery.  My son played from the time he was 5 right through high school.  One year during the semi-finals (he was about 16) he was moving to the blue line when he came in contact with a player from the other team.  

His skate got caught in the ice and his knee collided with the other skater's.  It happened so fast we had no idea what actually happened.  It was pretty scary seeing him lying on the ice while they summoned for help.  I rode with him in the rescue and by the time we got there (maybe 20 minutes later) his knee had blown up to twice it's size.  Nothing serious that a teenage couldn't bounce back from in a few weeks.  Me, probably months.  

Your pain was worse because it came from the heart.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We arrived home from our family Disney trip last night. It was fun & exhausting.  The weather wasn’t great, much cooler than we’re used to in FL, even at this time of year and we had quite a bit of rain.  We were only able to use the resort pool for a couple of hours one afternoon. Also, the parks were significantly more crowded than when we were there at the end of September.  It’s probably a combination of it being a half marathon event, a holiday during the week and it’s also what they refer to as Jersey week.  Apparently a lot of schools in NJ have extra days off so many people travel that week with their kids.  Anyway, here are a couple of pictures from our last night dinner at Shula’s Steakhouse where we celebrated youngest DD’s birthday and the end of the trip.  75D70EE3-28BB-4D32-B8D7-59B9FB0D6821.thumb.jpeg.817549cd6a8886291024cac5779214b0.jpeg

DAE6D677-0E61-4E93-85B4-B597F58FB4BE.thumb.jpeg.13733f86c184bcaf6a50bb9caec2c3ae.jpeg
3D2CA6D0-BA31-48C4-8ADB-097921C39EF8.jpeg.e5e690d1e978c8b84bce9b856c9a9fa5.jpeg
This morning two pretty big things happened. First, our driveway replacement starts tomorrow! I believe it because they dropped off some equipment this afternoon. Second, got a call from the porch & patio store that the outdoor dining set we ordered is in and will be delivered Thursday.  

Today is youngest daughters actual birthday (29), so she’s coming for dinner which will be roasted chicken, pumpkin ravioli in brown butter & sage sauce served with salad & crusty Italian bread.  Remember when we mostly talked about what we were having for dinner, LOL!?

Just a beautiful family.  How wonderful you were all able to be together.  Happy birthday to you youngest daughter.

29 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Adele's Concert last night was phenomenal!  Great interview with Oprah, also!  I love the way the Concert and interview flowed together so perfectly!

Love, love Adele.  So talented and soulful.

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I probably need to check to see if I need an appointment.

I believe each state had their own guidelines.  Good to check so you don't make a needless trip.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We arrived home from our family Disney trip last night. It was fun & exhausting.  The weather wasn’t great, much cooler than we’re used to in FL, even at this time of year and we had quite a bit of rain.  We were only able to use the resort pool for a couple of hours one afternoon. Also, the parks were significantly more crowded than when we were there at the end of September.  It’s probably a combination of it being a half marathon event, a holiday during the week and it’s also what they refer to as Jersey week.  Apparently a lot of schools in NJ have extra days off so many people travel that week with their kids.  Anyway, here are a couple of pictures from our last night dinner at Shula’s Steakhouse where we celebrated youngest DD’s birthday and the end of the trip.  75D70EE3-28BB-4D32-B8D7-59B9FB0D6821.thumb.jpeg.817549cd6a8886291024cac5779214b0.jpeg

DAE6D677-0E61-4E93-85B4-B597F58FB4BE.thumb.jpeg.13733f86c184bcaf6a50bb9caec2c3ae.jpeg
3D2CA6D0-BA31-48C4-8ADB-097921C39EF8.jpeg.e5e690d1e978c8b84bce9b856c9a9fa5.jpeg
This morning two pretty big things happened. First, our driveway replacement starts tomorrow! I believe it because they dropped off some equipment this afternoon. Second, got a call from the porch & patio store that the outdoor dining set we ordered is in and will be delivered Thursday.  

Today is youngest daughters actual birthday (29), so she’s coming for dinner which will be roasted chicken, pumpkin ravioli in brown butter & sage sauce served with salad & crusty Italian bread.  Remember when we mostly talked about what we were having for dinner, LOL!?

Glad y’all enjoyed Disney.  Caden says that Disney without family would not be as fun.  Another thing adding to the crowds is the 50th anniversary.  My daughters are determined to make it before the 50th anniversary celebration is over.  My Niece is a ta for Disney and she says it is hard to get a room right now.   Get pics. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I believe each state had their own guidelines.  Good to check so you don't make a needless trip.

I just started to look.  I went to a website and started to read.  Seemed like the old way.  Then I read that when you apply for AK plates…….; I realized I had the wrong page.   The writer said AK when referring to AR.  😝 

• Like 1

What did I do today you ask ?I woke up very sick,a reaction from a new medication.I called the doctor who prescribed the medication on his emergency line.By the time he called me back I was feeling fine.He made an adjustment in the medication.Then I went to the dentist ,everything was fine .Next was to take the Pfizer Booster .That was 2 hours ago .I came home and took Tylenol and so far I am feeling good.

• Like 9

@Momof3gurlzWhat a nice break to be able to spend it with all of your family.  One question, did you use the new ride system (genie and lightning)?  Seems like Disney is so complicated now!

For you cat lovers I came across this video.  I have to say, I think Greg could do a better job editing it. The other thing is, the cats on this thread are so much more photogenic.  The cat on the right looks downright scary.

There is a video for the dog lovers too.  I need to check it out.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Today I’m waiting for a scheduled call from Blue Cross/Anthem about my policy for 2022.  Each year they notify me that my current plan is unavailable and I have to pick another.  This year when I went to their website to check if my few doctors accepted the new plan…it kept telling me “Sorry.  We can’t find your doctor.”  You can search without a doctor’s name so I put in for the specialty “Obstetrics & Gynecology.”  And selected 75 mile radius from my zip code.  That would encompass both Augusta, GA and Athens, GA.  The website STILL told me it was sorry it couldn’t locate my doctor.  Sigh.

So had to schedule a call back.  At least it is only a one hour window…I don’t have to wait around the whole day.  Anyone with kids or grandkids, tell them to go into IT or web design.  There is a critical need!!

I received a letter from my insurance carrier stating that one of my doctors is no longer accepting their insurance .I called my doctors office and was told that this was the fifth call they received and the doctor is still part of their plan.A few days ago I got an apology letter from the carrier stating they erred.It was not Blue Cross.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Another spectacular sunny day here in the Dallas area.  Going up to 80 and I am not complaining!

While some of you are either on a cruise or anticipating one in a short while, I was online making an in person appointment to renew my driver's license.  Since I renewed online last time, I have to apply in person this time. That's how they do it in TX.  First available appointment is March 2!!  My license expires in May.  There are reports of monumental long lines even with appointments so I am not looking forward to this at all!

Stealing @LionesssSue's catch phrase:  It is what it is.

check all the local places that renew drivers license , my wife was able to get a much better date at another location last year.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sheal said:

@Momof3gurlzWhat a nice break to be able to spend it with all of your family.  One question, did you use the new ride system (genie and lightning)?  Seems like Disney is so complicated now!

For you cat lovers I came across this video.  I have to say, I think Greg could do a better job editing it. The other thing is, the cats on this thread are so much more photogenic.  The cat on the right looks downright scary.

There is a video for the dog lovers too.  I need to check it out.

I got this in an e-mail today.It is great,especially for fans of Queen.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Adele's Concert last night was phenomenal!  Great interview with Oprah, also!  I love the way the Concert and interview flowed together so perfectly!

I thought the concert was really good. And Adele is looking really good too!

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Sheal said:

We did use both Genie+ and Lightning Lane. You’re right, it’s far more complicated than it used to be - we took the easy way out and let the kids make all the ride/Genie/ Lightning Lane plans.  I will say the app is very convenient for seeing your plans for the day, ride wait times, meal reservations and mobile ordering for the counter service meals.  So, like many things there are pros & cons.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Love, love Adele.  So talented and soulful.

Gotta say, that is one female vocalist I never cared for - along with Taylor Swift (who actually grew up in my county - so during her entire career (and even before she became a star) her name was always splashed all over the local newspaper). But then (regarding Adele), I've never cared for soul or rhythm and blues. Actually I can't think of any modern performers I really follow. For my part I still think the 60s and 70s was the most creative, varied, and productive musical period ever for the pop genre. The whole jazz/rock fusion thing totally blew me away - especially bands like Yes (one of the best ever I think), Emerson Lake and Palmer, etc. The folk / rock arena was pretty amazing also - CSN&Y, Simon & Garfunkel, and so forth, not to mention the great rock bands of the era.  I don't think we see music  of that caliber anymore. I suppose every generation, however, thinks the 'music of their life' was the best! I saw that Adele was going to be on last night, but opted for Sunday night football instead. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Gotta say, that is one female vocalist I never cared for - along with Taylor Swift (who actually grew up in my county - so during her entire career (and even before she became a star) her name was always splashed all over the local newspaper). But then (regarding Adele), I've never cared for soul or rhythm and blues. Actually I can't think of any modern performers I really follow. For my part I still think the 60s and 70s was the most creative and productive musical period ever for the pop genre. I suppose every generation, however, thinks the 'music of their life' was the best! I saw that Adele was going to be on last night, but opted for Sunday night football instead. 

In my opinion the best music of all time was what is referred to now as Classic Rock from 1965 to 1975.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Classic Rock from 1965 to 1975.

Yeah...the number of great performing bands and solo artists was just astounding. I was a huge fan of "Yes", but also really into CSN&Y - along with their individual efforts. Neil Young has one of the most unique voices I've ever heard. Joni Mitchell...another one....so creative, especially with all those altered guitar tunings. The Who, Zappa, etc....just amazing performers. Too many to even name. Of course, the Beatles were on their own wave. Brian Wilson...another pop music genius. Country rock also - John Denver, the Eagles, etc. Then, when the late 70s / early 80s and disco came along, it totally turned me off, so then I got heavily into the whole new age genre ala Windham Hill. Will Ackerman probably influenced my own guitar playing and composition more than anyone. 

I often wonder what the longevity is of all these performers of recent decades (or earlier). Will the classic rock band music still play a hundred years from now? Two-hundred? Beyond? When you consider the seemingly timeless music of the baroque, classical, and romantic eras - greats like Bach, Handel, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Wagner - and so many others - of which all is still heard and performed (and probably always will be) - it often makes me wonder if modern music will have that level of longevity. And if not, why not? For one thing, technology is changing so fast, and so will pieces originally recorded on tape, then later digitized, etc. endure?  Will all the music currently on places like youtube become obsolete and extinct as modes of playback continue to change? But then....there were no vinyl recordings of Bach, etc.! And yet...the music lives on. Interesting...

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I thought Aubrey did a good job on this today.  We are looking forward to Aubrey and Caden spending the night tonight.  I believe Kenzie ( "the driver") will spend time with us too this afternoon while the parents go hunting.

94587927-4A0B-4229-802A-631533F7957F.thumb.jpeg.673ad53c91bf061b95c64dddff36796c.jpeg

CD9D4AE9-1508-46BC-AF42-0E2051D8DBFD.thumb.jpeg.8efabb36c691d51307f6946c78200494.jpeg

E9AAC803-59BA-42AD-869D-30CDF787DE6F.thumb.jpeg.49dd5daa0f688aa9a919aec2ab0be9e8.jpeg

Precious🥰     Aubrey did a Great Job with her hand turkey!    Have a fun evening.

Edited by Sunshine3601

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I recorded it but did tune it when the guy was bringing his girlfriend onto stage with blindfold and headphones on to propose to her.    How amazing was that!     Adele has such an amazing voice I cannot wait to watch the entire show.

• Like 1

I just started to look.  I went to a website and started to read.  Seemed like the old way.  Then I read that when you apply for AK plates…….; I realized I had the wrong page.   The writer said AK when referring to AR.  😝 

Not unless you are moving to Alaska

• Like 2