Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, George C said:

I will be bringing a couple Buffalo bills tank tops and golf shirts on my cruise,last nights game was very enjoyable, loved meeting Doug Flutie on a cruise about a decade ago. 

2 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Doug Flutie was a fun quarterback to watch. I got to see him play in both Toronto and Buffalo.

When I think of Doug Flutie I always think of the Hail Mary pass when Boston beat Miami in the last seconds of the game.  I wasn’t really pulling for either team but it was still a memorable moment.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 6:31 PM, George C said:

I have gotten shorter last physical they told me I was 6’3” I was always 6’4 for the last 50 something years. Unfortunately my waist line hasn’t shrunk any .

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our daughters/spouses, and our 7 beautiful grandchildren, ranging in age from 10 years to 20.  As of now, 3 of our grandchildren are much taller than Nana (me), two of them are my height now.  The only kids I am taller than now are my 20 year old granddaughter...she is so darned cute, and will probably always be just 5 foot nothing, and our 10 year old grandson.  ❤️

As Sue always says, "It is what it is!"

On 11/24/2021 at 7:22 PM, BonTexasNY said:

And those home accidents!  I was walking past my kitchen cabinet when the handle hooked into my pocket.  I kept going but my dress stayed with the cabinet!  Luckily I was able to grab hold of the countertop to prevent falling and cracking my head open on the hard ceramic floor!.

I have been going to a neurologist for my neck for years now, due to bad falls involving my head, neck and shoulders.

A male student in my class who towered over me in height and weight, threw me onto the floor, where I landed flat on my back, hitting my head and back.

I slipped on our stair landing, hitting my head and shoulders, where I lost my breath, and my poor daughter came running out of bed, and was so upset to find me there.

I slipped on our icy steps one time  and again, hit my head and back.  

Talk about being accident-prone!

On 11/24/2021 at 7:26 PM, Sea Dog said:

Tomorrow should be interesting. Thanksgiving will be the first time I'm off and not working in over 30 years. I've always worked Thanksgiving  I hope everyone will be with the ones they love and will give thanks to all the blessings we have. I for one am thankful to my friends here at CC.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

What a wonderful Blessing, Greg, to finally be with your loved ones and celebrating Thanksgiving together!  Jim worked most Thanksgivings as a Fireman, but he would be with us for at least part of the day.  He would either join us in the evening, after his day tour (9-6) or he would leave us after an early dinner for his night tour (6pm-9am).

On 11/24/2021 at 7:37 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Gloves scattered on the ice only mean one thing. Tournament Champions.  One nothing win, perfect grudge match victory.

AC02A590-7A99-46BF-938C-A2AF3A5EC9A8.thumb.jpeg.c6e44a0b9170eb407da15aa14ffec65d.jpeg

Owen getting his medal. 

E33C16F6-2DE2-40D1-A5CB-11B7BE133E73.thumb.jpeg.830ba71be473169689089c2e72fc5ccc.jpeg

How fantastic for Owen!!!!  Tournament Champions is a really big deal!!  Congratulations!!!! 

On 11/24/2021 at 8:24 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Watching Survivor. They have got to get rid of Shantel. I just do not like her. And Liana is right up there with her.

On 11/24/2021 at 8:58 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I don't want to give it away for those who don't watch live, but I quite pleased with tonight's vote.🙂

I too was so happy with the Vote.  Yesssss!!!👍

• Like 2

On 11/24/2021 at 10:08 PM, lenquixote66 said:

I lived in NY all my life and never went to watch the parade in person.

Jim and I finally went to the Thanksgiving Parade 6 years ago for the first time, since we weren't hosting dinner that year.

It was so bitterly cold, and we were so far back that we could only see the balloons through the throng of people, that we gave up after about an hour or two and headed back home by subway and ferry.

On 11/25/2021 at 1:29 AM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

635748055338301830-GettyImages-459666468.jpg.360e5dcbc520a3c1244773d75b1b9a09.jpg

It was quite an itinerary.  We visited Ellis Island for Statue of Liberty, Battery Park, Wall Street, Time Square, Metropolitan Museum of Art, the 9/11 Memorial site where they just finished the construction where the Twin Towers were.  It was very emotional visiting there.  

The night before the parade, we went to the area where they blow up all the balloon.  To see them down on the ground and close up, they were huge.  The subway was packed with people going there and that whole area was so packed.  But it was fun to see how they prepare for the parade.

This was truly a trip of a lifetime that we will never forget.

That surely was a wonderful trip of a lifetime! 

Your itinerary included many places that a lot of New Yorkers have never even visited.

We had gone to see the balloons all blown up the night before the Parade when our grandson Jack was almost 2 years old.  It was a nice experience, although it was frigid cold!!!!

What a wonderful experience your son had to have marched in the Thanksgiving Day Parade!

On 11/25/2021 at 12:10 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

Looks like this is the first time we all got together for Thanksgiving and had pizza for the main coarse.   
I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.  Enjoy and give thanks for the time we get to enjoy with family.

John, I am so sorry that this has again happened to your family.  

On 11/25/2021 at 7:49 AM, Keksie said:

Tuesday here comes FedEx with our package.  It was the manager for our area.  On Friday the driver had marked all the packages as delivered, parked the truck and walked away.  

Jim went for an oil change last week;  he had the first appointment.  The Manager told him afterwards that he was lucky to have the first appt. since there was only one mechanic that day.  Two guys who started work there went to lunch and never returned.  I've heard stories of this happening at many places.  Some people have no work ethnic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, George C said:

Totally stuffed , just put leftovers in freezer have three meals for the two of us when we get back from our cruise, I refuse to go to a restaurant because I want the stuffing with my father’s recipe, we did stop by our favorite restaurant to listen to music around noon after our Covid test . 

Have a great cruise,George C.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is cold 42°F and windy with snow forecast for tomorrow.

I am on my way to the bank and we have stopped to look out to sea.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

16379349408022727420675797148659.jpg

We expect 1-3 inches of snow on Monday but where my younger daughter lives they expect 6”.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.    Lots of food and delicious food.    I always make my Nana's stuffing recipe for holidays.   My Brother made mashed sweet potatoes.    We put our Sons to work on making the spaetzle.    My SIL made a peach and blueberry tart and a key lime pie that were all delicious.     I will post some photos when I get on my phone (on laptop now). 

Was a beautiful day 

We had shared food preparation,Toby made desserts,her sister made meatballs and sweet potatoes with marshmallows.My daughter who hosted made everything else,her husband was chief taster,my other daughter made delicious cookies,her husband drove the 4 hours that it took to get there.I hung out with the dogs.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Being from the northern suburbs of Buffalo, a place called Toronto, I am also a big fan of the Bills. It sure is a Jekyll and Hyde team this year, one game looking like the Tampa Bay Lightning and a week later looking like, well, the Buffalo Sabres. 😉

Don’t you have the Argonauts ? 

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So the day after Thanksgiving what do we do? 

I am brining our own turkey to have our traditional Thanksgiving meal on Saturday. After going to Linda's cousin's house for Thanksgiving I thought their turkey tasted awful. They bought a smoked turkey already cooked from a very expensive country club they belong to. The turkey looked and tasted like ham. If it weren't for seeing the bird with the legs I would of thought I was eating ham. It even had the same color. All you turkey experts out there is this normal?  I have never tasted a turkey that tasted like ham. Very strange. The stuffing was also horrible and the gravy was just a plain white chicken gravy no turkey gravy. I did not complain since I was happy to be invited and was glad to not be cooking.

So Linda and I will do our turkey just the way we like it. Turkey, traditional stuffing, mashed potatoes with egg noodles on top. Should be good.

So sorry your Thanksgiving meal was not a good one.  I have never had a smoked turkey or one that looks and taste like a ham.  

Enjoy making your own traditional meal tomorrow.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We expect 1-3 inches of snow on Monday but where my younger daughter lives they expect 6”.

I havent heard of snow in our forecast but I havent watched local news today.   Guess we better start up our snow blower tomorrow to make sure all good to go for winter.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

We had all the usual Turkey day stuff and that is what we all were afterward, STUFFED.

After a cutthroat game of Uno we called it a night and waddled home.  My daughter-in-law did a fantastic job of cooking.  I added greenbean casserole. Bread stuffing, meat stuffing and apple pie and pumpkin bread.  

There is nothing like a game of Uno.We used to play nearly non stop but have not played in a while

• Like 1

15 hours ago, George C said:

Totally stuffed , just put leftovers in freezer have three meals for the two of us when we get back from our cruise, I refuse to go to a restaurant because I want the stuffing with my father’s recipe, we did stop by our favorite restaurant to listen to music around noon after our Covid test . 

Hope you have a wonderful cruise🤩

I am catching up with reading CC instead of being involved in “Black Friday “ shopping. It is a much more relaxing experience,for sure ! 

Although ,going  with my mother to the Macy’s on 34 th Street the day after Thanksgiving for Christmas shopping  was always something we looked forward to for many years. While the store was busy then, it didn’t seem as hectic as the shopping frenzies that happened in recent years - pre Covid of course.

I am hoping that all my fellow posters here from the US enjoyed their Thanksgivings celebrations and those from Canada, England and of course, Dani in Israel, are having a pleasant Friday!

Wishing all a good weekend !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 11/25/2021 at 12:10 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

Looks like this is the first time we all got together for Thanksgiving and had pizza for the main coarse.  Tonight we were together for about 3 hours.  The kids all left around 8pm so we could be ready for tomorrow.  Don’t want to get into details but We found out a little while ago that due to a phone call some tested and one tested positive.  To be safe the oldest daughter’s family is headed home tonight.  Sharon and I plan to still finish the food tomorrow and take it to the other 2 families in town.  Still have to say I am thankful that we had a great time together tonight.  Just sad for the kids.  
I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.  Enjoy and give thanks for the time we get to enjoy with family.

Oh no, hope whoever tested positive is okay and is just asyptomatic🥰

To me it really doesnt matter what you eat just being together is the important part of the holidays.🎄

• Like 2

Finished the turkey.   My first sous vide turkey breast.  So good and so easy to make.  It will not be the last.  I can see Making this through out the year.

20211126_115714.thumb.jpg.16bc4bce84f41366d66ae0982fc87105.jpg

I will be enjoying leftover turkey sandwiches now although this was a hot one.  Some of Sharon's rolls were as big as a hamburger 🍔 bun.  This is my favorite Thanksgiving season food!

20211126_120912.thumb.jpg.ae95d63e49e99ec9dc3481fea1409a4d.jpg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, George C said:

They changed our ports , now we have

St Thomas, St Maarten 

San Juan and coco cay 

I will do a little posting , but will be happy to answer any questions.

We are changed to the same ports except Nassau instead of Coco Cay.