Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We had nice fish and chips and walk along the seafront.

Beautiful pictures of both of you.

We also had a very nice day of sunshine (which in December is not as rare as in your parts), but being Saturday, we knew that the seafront will be crowded, and just soaked sun in our balcony.

I'm a big fan of fish and chips and, whenever we are in our "neighborhood", we try to find the best one. We don't have haddock or cod in Israel.

Last time in Dublin we went to Beshoff -- can't say it was something "to write home about...".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Beautiful pictures of both of you.

We also had a very nice day of sunshine (which in December is not as rare as in your parts), but being Saturday, we knew that the seafront will be crowded, and just soaked sun in our balcony.

I'm a big fan of fish and chips and, whenever we are in our "neighborhood", we try to find the best one. We don't have haddock or cod in Israel.

Last time in Dublin we went to Beshoff -- can't say it was something "to write home about...".

Thanks Dani.

I didn't realise how big my coat was as I have lost 2 stones in weight since the last time I wore it over 1 year ago.

It was a cool breezy 46f so I  put that coat in the car without thinking.🤓

Edited by grapau27

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I wouldn't get in a hot air balloon cradle as I don't like heights.

It is 48f and sunny here this morning.

No plans for the day but we might pop down to the beach like yesterday which is 10 minutes drive away and take a picnic or go to the city beach which is 15 minutes drive away and get a carton each of takeaway English chips as the bars and restaurants are closed with our Tier3 Lockdown.

Hope you all have a fantastic day.

Graham.

That sounds a really nice day during Covid. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Domino D said:

I'm sorry, this still amazes me.  Have only seen it on video, can't wait to see it in person. 

Yeah, it's a nice perk of living in the area...along with what used to be a cruise port.  😪

I still miss the Shuttle launches though...and always the big sonic boom when that came home!  

Was a few hits and misses for Musk for awhile on the landing on the barge at sea at first...but damn...after he got is act together...wow.   They make it look easy.  Tiny little barge bouncing around in the middle of the ocean...and they pin point land that booster...upright in the bullseye.  Amazing!!  

This was an early morning launch we watched staying at the beach one day, the rocket pushing an Aura in the dawning light, and the red dot was the booster coming down to land on the barge.  Was sooo cool!

20200613_052808.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2020 at 9:52 AM, island lady said:

Did you ever stay at the Presidio before they changed it into a park? We used to take the train up when we lived in Silicon Valley. It was a great location to stay at. 

Edited by ReneeFLL

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Live trap and relocate. If it is Lucy VS the Fox, one will have to go and Lucy says it is an easy decision.

Definitely. The red foxes (non-native) here eat house cats. We mostly have grey foxes locally, and they are much smaller. :classic_smile:

Mike had to fly to Port-au-Prince yesterday. While they were loading the plane the fork lift driver hit the antenna and scrapped plane which is carbon fiber. $$$$$  Maybe they need to have recurrent training every year like the pilots do. 😁

20201218_131321.jpg

20201218_131324.jpg

20201218_131334.jpg

20201218_131338.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

I came across a black bean recipe that looked good several weeks ago. I haven't made beans in ages so I decided to give it a try. I'm really bad about following a recipe so this time I decided to follow it to a T, or at least I thought I was. I glanced (big mistake) at the recipe and bought what I needed. Looking at the recipe it has a picture of canned black beans x 3. It also has a picture if chipolte peppers x 1. We did buy the dried  beans and cooked in the pressure cooker so that wasn't exactly by the recipe but estimated about how much 3 cans would be. I then added the can of peppers. Later at dinner neither one of use could eat it because it was so hot 🔥. I look at the recipe and realized that I was only supposed to add 1 🌶  and not the whole can. 🤯 🥵 😱 🤬 

https://www.goya.com/en/recipes/chipotle-black-bean-soup

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I finally caught what I thought was possibly happening.  We have a resident in the coverall. I will have to evict him but not today. 

Is that a fox?  Cause, that ain't the hen house.  Are the old sayings not true?