Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, singinalot said:

While there I got a bunch of photos and things we wanted packed up and into storage, sold several items on FB marketplace, cleaned, vacuumed, etc. dad and Nate took stuff to goodwill and got some time to go to the gun range as well. 

we had a 90 minute delayed flight on Sunday but finally made it home.

monday was a work holiday for me, so I took Sam on a hike to Monument Rock about 25 mins from us

CA560C4C-CC58-42C6-A847-AC11D00C6318.thumb.jpeg.4a738e8e8471383651d244c4b809340a.jpeg

5E295B64-7DFC-44AA-B9F8-4086922D0A48.thumb.jpeg.2969c929ba48992bbcb85adf5101538e.jpeg

73F4BDD7-CDC5-4CDB-8701-7C35F4119D91.thumb.jpeg.b42c2132862a3c005701dfe5db263936.jpeg

9D495D53-970F-461B-88F2-B9FD0F7B23E7.thumb.jpeg.0072705366087ff1f0266780a60529cb.jpeg

03843760-7E3D-48F7-9C81-4ACD717F6DFE.thumb.jpeg.3e2e5af9a729aa821332bb4300cbfaf7.jpeg

FFAFACA9-8647-4E15-9CBE-7F9CBD860833.thumb.jpeg.6ae3844c8f81797a9bbb0b2796acbaa5.jpeg

D9F6E5F5-437A-4B27-B59A-F548085E41A9.jpeg

Fantastic photos Crystal.

Graham.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 32°F sunny and cold here.

Just finished lunch.

Graham.

That food looks great Graham.

Quick question about Covid and England. Are you in any form/sort of restrictions and mask mandates at this point in time. Restaurants here are only allowed takeout now with rumours of 50% capacity at the end go the month.  School just returned to in person this week, reduced capacities at stores, gyms closed etc...   Masks are mandated everywhere.

I'm trying to gauge where England is today to where we are in regards to Omicron. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That food looks great Graham.

Quick question about Covid and England. Are you in any form/sort of restrictions and mask mandates at this point in time. Restaurants here are only allowed takeout now with rumours of 50% capacity at the end go the month.  School just returned to in person this week, reduced capacities at stores, gyms closed etc...   Masks are mandated everywhere.

I'm trying to gauge where England is today to where we are in regards to Omicron. 

From next Thursday no need to wear masks anywhere and most restrictions removed.

90,000 new cases yesterday.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, George C said:

I would have loved to seen Sydney, my wife was there on a business trip the company we worked for caltex had offices there , she also traveled to Bahrain and Korea . 

Shame you weren’t able to join her.  My son’s school soccer team went on tour  to Japan & South Korea. He found them both very interesting and the Korean schools were very welcoming.

• Like 3

Just now, grapau27 said:

From next Thursday no need to wear masks anywhere and most restrictions removed.

Different from here in Australia.  Masks compulsory indoors (including offices) and on public transport. QR code’s & social distancing.  No singing or dancing in certain situations A Music Festival in the Hunter Valley last weekend that had already been rescheduled from October that had 14000 planned attendees was cancelled 4 days out due to new Govt restrictions. Currently we have major supply chain issues in our two major grocery chains in particular relating to meat & poultry but also other products.  Chemists struggling to stock RATS and the Western Australian Premier has just announced that their border will continue to be closed to the rest of the country beyond 5 Feb.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

My husband was feeling is bit snuffley, so he went upstairs to test. I assume it was negative, because I can hear him getting dressed. 

It’s -29 C, but it’s going to be warming up substantially next week. Still cold, but not breathtaking cold! 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Different from here in Australia.  Masks compulsory indoors (including offices) and on public transport. QR code’s & social distancing.  No singing or dancing in certain situations A Music Festival in the Hunter Valley last weekend that had already been rescheduled from October that had 14000 planned attendees was cancelled 4 days out due to new Govt restrictions. Currently we have major supply chain issues in our two major grocery chains in particular relating to meat & poultry but also other products.  Chemists struggling to stock RATS and the Western Australian Premier has just announced that their border will continue to be closed to the rest of the country beyond 5 Feb.

Very sensible.

• Like 1

The Sydney Opera House is interesting to me, not just because of its iconic architecture, but because it has come to represent a city.  Ask people from all over the world about Sydney and I bet the Opera House is the first thing that comes to mind.  I think the Eiffel Tower is the same for Paris, although some might say the Louvre.  London may have too many competing structures to have just one represent London...maybe the Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben)?  Same for Rome...maybe the Colosseum would represent them?  NYC probably would have been the Twin Towers, and will probably be the new 1 World Trade Center in a few years, but it feels a little too new for worldwide association as THE structure to define NYC.  Maybe the Empire State Building?

I can't think of too many other major cities that have one structure that is associated with the city worldwide.  Am I missing anything?  Is the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona at that same level of international recognition?

• Like 7

We are going to be painting the living room rather than cruising. I was just reminded of that because AirCanada just pinged me with a reminder to check in. (We did cancel)

The living room doesn’t desperately need painting, but it will keep Chris occupied. And he wants to do it. Besides, he has leave already booked!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The Sydney Opera House is interesting to me, not just because of its iconic architecture, but because it has come to represent a city.  Ask people from all over the world about Sydney and I bet the Opera House is the first thing that comes to mind.  I think the Eiffel Tower is the same for Paris, although some might say the Louvre.  London may have too many competing structures to have just one represent London...maybe the Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben)?  Same for Rome...maybe the Colosseum would represent them?  NYC probably would have been the Twin Towers, and will probably be the new 1 World Trade Center in a few years, but it feels a little too new for worldwide association as THE structure to define NYC.  Maybe the Empire State Building?

I can't think of too many other major cities that have one structure that is associated with the city worldwide.  Am I missing anything?  Is the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona at that same level of international recognition?

The Statue of Liberty for New York, I would think. That’s interesting, I am going to spend my day thinking about iconic buildings!

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Graham.  From what you re saying the guidelines here are almost the same as Australia's. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I usually botch up multiple quotes.  I hereby crown @dani negreanuDani, the queen of quotes 

@dani negreanu is the ultimate pro!

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

Droning from Grandma’s bay one last time

Beautiful place. Love the sunset drone shots. I like the pic of you with your controller, it's like "don't mess with me when I'm flying."

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Just finished lunch.

Graham.

Good looking lunch Graham. What team is that on your shirt?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Just finished lunch.

Graham.

IMG-20220120-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20220120-WA0002.jpg

I think Dick is going to request fish and chips for his birthday dinner when our son-in-law is on two feet again. 
His fish and chips (and he even does mushy peas) are manna from Heaven. 
I wash I could have had some of yours! 
Where’s lovely Pauline?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Interesting question. My suggestions would be Brandenburg Gate for Berlin, Marina Bay Sands Hotel for Singapore, Golden Gate Bridge for San Francisco.  India has the Taj Mahal.  Washington - The White House. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I would definitely say Sagrada Familia for Barcelona and would add Golden Gate Bridge for San Francisco and the Taj Mahal for India. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 6

46 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

The Statue of Liberty for New York, I would think. That’s interesting, I am going to spend my day thinking about iconic buildings!

Absolutely.  Don't know how I missed the Statue of Liberty.

1 minute ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Interesting question. My suggestions would be Brandenburg Gate for Berlin, Marina Bay Sands Hotel for Singapore, Golden Gate Bridge for San Francisco.  India has the Taj Mahal.  Washington - The White House. 

The MBS is the first thing I think of for Singapore, but I don't know if it has the same level of recognition.  There are a lot of people (in the US at least) who probably don't know that it exists.  The Golden Gate Bridge and White has are good additions.  The Taj Mahal certainly has the same worldwide recognition but not tied to a particular city.  I'd put that in the same category as the Great Wall of China.

• Like 5

So for the next month I will be pretty busy watching movies. One of the my benefits for being a member of my union SAG/AFTRA (Screen Actors Guild/American Federation of Television Radio Artists) is that I will vote on the upcoming SAG awards for motion pictures and broadcast television. In the past I would normally receive  30-40 dvds of movies and television shows. Now it's mainly digital viewing through an app on my Apple tv.

1914831075_ScreenShot2022-01-20at8_22_15AM.thumb.png.11dac2e20942de6bfc7eea641ca8a153.png

First up viewing the category of "Best Ensemble Cast" which is SAG's version of best picture. Last night Linda and I watched "King Richard."

I really enjoyed this movie which is a biopic of Richard Williams the father of Venus and Serena Williams tennis superstars played by Will Smith. This dad was determined to make his daughters tennis champions with his 78 page plan. One could question Richard's unyielding commitment to push his daughters to greatness as selfish and self centered. Was he right in wanting his daughters to get out of Compton California and the street life even if he made them practice late at night in the pouring rain? Whether his parenting skills were right or not there is no question that he saw something in his daughters and was determined to get them to their dreams.

If you get a chance watch this movie. It's a fascinating story with great acting by Will Smith and especially Aunjanue Ellis who plays Richard's wife Oracene "Brandy" Williams.

Looking forward to watching other nominees, House of Gucci, West Side Story, Respect, Dune, The Tragedy of McBeth, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza and many more. Stay tuned I will give you impressions of all of them.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So for the next month I will be pretty busy watching movies. One of the my benefits for being a member of my union SAG/AFTRA (Screen Actors Guild/American Federation of Television Radio Artists) is that I will vote on the upcoming SAG awards for motion pictures and broadcast television. In the past I would normally receive  30-40 dvds of movies and television shows. Now it's mainly digital viewing through an app on my Apple tv.

1914831075_ScreenShot2022-01-20at8_22_15AM.thumb.png.11dac2e20942de6bfc7eea641ca8a153.png

First up viewing the category of "Best Ensemble Cast" which is SAG's version of best picture. Last night Linda and I watched "King Richard."

I really enjoyed this movie which is a biopic of Richard Williams the father of Venus and Serena Williams tennis superstars played by Will Smith. This dad was determined to make his daughters tennis champions with his 78 page plan. One could question Richard's unyielding commitment to push his daughters to greatness as selfish and self centered. Was he right in wanting his daughters to get out of Compton California and the street life even if he made them practice late at night in the pouring rain? Whether his parenting skills were right or not there is no question that he saw something in his daughters and was determined to get them to their dreams.

If you get a chance watch this movie. It's a fascinating story with great acting by Will Smith and especially Aunjanue Ellis who plays Richard's wife Oracene "Brandy" Williams.

Looking forward to watching other nominees, House of Gucci, West Side Story, Respect, Dune, The Tragedy of McBeth, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza and many more. Stay tuned I will give you impressions of all of them.

Thanks for your review of King Richard.  It’s on my to watch list.  I thought Dune and The Power of the Dog were excellent. Dune was great on the big cinema screen. I had the opportunity to see the Power of the Dog  at the cinema and I gave it a miss.  I regret it because the New Zealand cinematography in that movie is stunning.  My “kids”enjoyed West Side Story and they are off to see Licorice Pizza this weekend.  I plan to watch House of Gucci when it lands on one of the streaming platforms.

Last weekend the DH wanted to see Gold with Zac Efron at the cinema.  I said why bother, it’s coming to Stan in a fortnight. Look forward to your impressions of the these movies.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thanks for your review of King Richard.  It’s on my to watch list.  I thought Dune and The Power of the Dog were excellent. Dune was great on the big cinema screen. I had the opportunity to see the Power of the Dog  at the cinema and I gave it a miss.  I regret it because the New Zealand cinematography in that movie is stunning.  My “kids”enjoyed West Side Story and they are off to see Licorice Pizza this weekend.  I plan to watch House of Gucci when it lands on one of the streaming platforms.

Last weekend the DH wanted to see Gold with Zac Efron at the cinema.  I said why bother, it’s coming to Stan in a fortnight. Look forward to your impressions of the these movies.

We try to see all the major films that may have Oscar nominations, loved west side story , saw Dune at home and currently watching Power of the Dog .

• Like 2

This is an amazing thread and all. But does it strike anyone else as odd that a they have a hair trigger to move a thread because God forbid you ask a question about a port on a cruise line forum instead of a port forum, but this 1800 page bit of randomness hasn't been relocated to the Floataway Lounge yet?

Good morning, or afternoon depending on where you're located.

It's 25 degrees out and we're hunkered down for the day.  Homemade chicken soup will be on the menu here.  High of 38 today.  This is so not our usual weather and I refuse to wear my down jacket making it 6 times in almost 20 years here in TX.

Taken from my friend, google:

How warm is Dallas in January?

January Weather in Dallas Texas, United States. Daily high temperatures increase by 2°F, from 56°F to 58°F, rarely falling below 40°F

Mother Nature missed the mark today.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2