Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

That's very cool. "Tremors" was filmed in the Alabama Hills outside of Lone Pine, CA. My mom grew up there and family lived in Lone Pine. Lots of westerns too. Uncle Frank was a horse wrangler on John Wayne movies. :classic_biggrin:

And hardly anyone mentions it, but have you ever done the Pylon Climb on the Sydney Bridge? We did it because of my stair climbing problem, but I thought it was great when we finally made it to the top. We were just as high as the bridge climbers, and the story about the cattery and history was interesting. Views and photos were fabulous, and I think it was only $15 p/p. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Coralc said:

That's very cool. "Tremors" was filmed in the Alabama Hills outside of Lone Pine, CA. My mom grew up there and family lived in Lone Pine. Lots of westerns too. Uncle Frank was a horse wrangler on John Wayne movies. :classic_biggrin:

And hardly anyone mentions it, but have you ever done the Pylon Climb on the Sydney Bridge? We did it because of my stair climbing problem, but I thought it was great when we finally made it to the top. We were just as high as the bridge climbers, and the story about the cattery and history was interesting. Views and photos were fabulous, and I think it was only $15 p/p. :classic_biggrin:

That’s really interesting re your family.  The regulars  on the Sydney TripAdvisor forum often recommended the pylon lookout to visitors. Glad you enjoyed it.  Much cheaper than Bridgeclimb that’s for sure and nice views & history.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2022 at 2:48 PM, dani negreanu said:

A bunch of flowers for the birthday girls --

Happy birthday to Lisa

_DSC4649.thumb.JPG.96d1e63c76f375ad2ecda2186497d283.JPG

Happy birthday to Sue

_DSC4651.thumb.JPG.54d4c4533ff8767ad6e3458330f7cf6b.JPG

We're home and DH is downloading pictures from his camera.

Dubai looks like a beautiful place. Glad you were able to getaway and visit it.

On 2/15/2022 at 10:18 PM, George C said:

We are on celebrity summit, we booked a royal suite which is great but on these cruises we don’t spend all that much time in our suite but great perks , maybe this year we will use our hot tub on our balcony 😁, didn’t use it last time.

Enjoy your cruise.

On 2/16/2022 at 5:24 PM, sgmn said:

Thank you, I posted it on that thread in error, meant to on here 😄

Shes seems OK, she works from home and was able to continue, just a headache and feeling cold

Gary tested negative with a LFT,  I'll do a test tomorrow but we both feel fine  

Thank you for asking 

Hope you both test negative.

On 2/16/2022 at 7:46 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

We had a beautiful beach day in Sydney yesterday.  Tragically a male swimmer was taken by a suspected great white shark whilst swimming yesterday afternoon at one of our beaches in south-east Sydney.  All beaches in south-east Sydney from Bondi to Cronulla are closed today. 
We haven’t had a fatality in Sydney from a shark attack in 60 years.

Such a horrible tragedy. 

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If I was booked on Wonder I would want to get on asap too!   Please send us photos when you can.🤩

I shall. Really looking forward to getting on board.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The only thing that I, personally, can't get my head around is -- seeing the women wrapped from toes to head in black, only showing their eyes, and the men -- wearing just a tee shirt, light trousers [free from any "constrains"] -- in such a hot climate. My gender-equality mind can't accept it....

Or on the beach seeing ladies in niqab or hijab on the back of a jet ski or banana boat, alongside girls in tiny bikinis.

One thing to check if you use the public beaches is that often, one or two days a week, are ladies only . I was there with hubby and our two boys just for a few days and the day we had earmarked for a beach day was a ladies only day

• Like 3

17 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

The water is a very pale blue, my guess (no knowledge) is it is too shallow for boats.  Looks like it is more for looks that a waterway.  

You are probably right. 

16 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

We are negative! Board Symphony on Saturday.

Enjoy your cruise.

12 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

MRI results were not quite what we wanted.  Some new lesions found on the liver, waiting for message from doctor.🤞🙏

Hoping it all ends up ok. 🤞🏻

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Well, it appears that they do!

https://nypost.com/2022/01/21/china-brings-back-anal-swab-testing-for-covid-ahead-of-winter-olympics/

That is one reason I am not going to China for a while. 

I would hope it’s analyzed AFTER it’s removed. “The swab is removed and analyzed in a lab.” 😳

55 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

The earlier bird photo is a Crimson Rosella.  Here are a couple more he took this morning. Last of my photos.  Please let me know @dani negreanu if I am posting too many photos in your thread.

1CAAB85C-3F17-4462-8ABB-3CB62B1CCB04.jpeg

5F544929-60B0-4802-B12D-2296B2F32B60.jpeg

Beautiful pictures. Keep them coming.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

This was our sunrise.

Storm force winds expected in North East England later today 

Graham.

IMG_20220218_073909.jpg

Here in the South we have an extremely rare red warning from 10am to 3pm. Winds up to 90 mph. Stay at home advised. It is very rare to have extreme weather in the South East of England

• Like 6

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I screamed out loud when I went to see the Exorcist.

I refused to see it as I hate horror films. Years ago I was in DFW staying at the American Airlines learning centre . We stayed in dorms and had a common room to relax. They were showing The Exorcist, I spent the whole film hiding behind a magazine 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Or on the beach seeing ladies in niqab or hijab

There is a lot of diversity in California, so we do not find it unusual, or do not comment on various manners of dress. :classic_smile: Just smile and nod, because there are actual women there. 

And I'm not going to go back and quote OB, about his cousin and St. Peter's, but that is part of travel research. I'm not Catholic, (not anything) but even I know you can't have bare shoulders or knees on men. And no shorts, and women used to have to have something over their heads too. :classic_smile: We spent most of the day in the Vatican Museum on a private tour and then the Scavi tour. And dressed appropriately. Even though that was jeans and T-shirts (without verbiage) and light jackets. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Coralc said:

There is a lot of diversity in California, so we do not find it unusual, or do not comment on various manners of dress. :classic_smile:

I think it was more the juxtaposition of  burkas and hijabs, not just on the  beach but on jet ski, alongside girls in tiny bikinis .

Having worked for 17 years for an Arab airline and also in our very diverse country it is very much the norm, especially in cities,  to see all types of dress 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

There is a lot of diversity in California, so we do not find it unusual, or do not comment on various manners of dress. :classic_smile: Just smile and nod, because there are actual women there. 

And I'm not going to go back and quote OB, about his cousin and St. Peter's, but that is part of travel research. I'm not Catholic, (not anything) but even I know you can't have bare shoulders or knees on men. And no shorts, and women used to have to have something over their heads too. :classic_smile: We spent most of the day in the Vatican Museum on a private tour and then the Scavi tour. And dressed appropriately. Even though that was jeans and T-shirts (without verbiage) and light jackets. 

We were both teenagers back then and even with no invention of the internet at the time I told her she was not going to get in dressed like that. She has always been a " no one is going to tell me what to do" kind of person and certainly wasn't about to take my advice. I just found it odd that a garbage bag was more acceptable than a shoulder. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Heavy rain and high winds in NEW England today.

Same here in PA.  I woke up around 5 am as it sounded like a freight train and I thought a tornado was here.   Both my cats were spooked by  banging noises from living room area.  I looked out front window and discovered our front storm door blew off its hinge and was banging against the wall.   After a couple attempts I was able to grab the door to close it.

Eric slept through.

Now that he is awake he discovered part of the door frame is torn away with a big gap.  Time to call an expert.

Thankful the glass didnt break.

Rain stopped but wind gusts are up to 50 mph

• Like 4