Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Yes, how are you both doing??

My son in law who lives in our area has been working from home on days when I have Parkinsons therapy.The car which was originally believed to be totaled is actually being repaired and we should have it back sometime in March.The plan is to rent a car on March 1 because I have sever doctor appointments that week and even though my son in law would take me he has to work.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hockey tourney update… Owen didn’t miss any school today because it was closed for another snow day. 

Game situation. Owens team lost 3/1 but it was close. Owen scored the team’s only goal.

The tourney gives each team a player of the game award, for the winning and losing team. He got the player of the game tourney award from the coaches. His team also does a game award, to which his teammates the pick. Here’s Owen with that award. 

C3E957E9-877C-43BD-9E5B-B6A0DB1BFB1A.thumb.jpeg.a5d8ea4b05ecf87ebea821b6520a2345.jpeg

The best kind of award IMO - the respect of your teammates & coaches.  Congrats to Owen. 

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Another huge fan of the late Robert B Parker (and of Ace Atkins) here 😁. I'll buy the new one for sure.

IMG_6865.thumb.jpg.9cc28dcaa7870c3ed65a940d7d79111d.jpg

Dani,   I’m 👀 your bookshelf since I’m always searching for a new author.  I’ve just finished the latest Michael Connelly, Lee Child and Jonathan Kellerman novels.  Connelly is my all time favorite, I’ve even started to re-read the Bosch series.  Bonus - they are free since they’re in my Kindle library.  I’ll have to give Parker a try.  

• Like 4

After walking the length of Lavender Bay, around past McMahons Point Wharf and through Blues Point Reserve, we eventually reached the lovely Sawmillers Reserve.  We were pleasantly surprised to discover there was a sculpture exhibition on today with 100 sculptures on display in the park.

9697ABF2-0916-4C51-8391-EB18C34BCF0C.jpeg

74BC2D9E-B2A1-4903-BAB2-72DD14D3690A.jpeg

46EC16AA-9AC7-4C70-B413-7E3659FBD1C1.jpeg

A7E015C8-6583-489F-BBC6-4AA2641E4AAA.jpeg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I forgot the phone calls!! 

I've been getting phone calls from Medicare and Social Security. Did I receive my new card?

I also got a call from the FBI. From Atlanta, about bank accounts in Texas that I (in Minneapolis) had. Ummm, we have an FBI office in Minneapolis. Why didn't that office call me? Cause it wasn't real!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@sgmn @grapau27

Sue and Graham I know you posted earlier about the incoming red zone warning.  Having now seen the widespread damage done by Storm Eunice and her 122mph winds, I hope your properties did not sustain any damage.  Would have been scary to have been on a plane as she came through.

We were in the red zone but it wasn't too bad. Extremely windy and a few big trees came down in our village. But no damage to our property or to anyone I know. 

Yes the videos of the planes coming in are pretty scarey 

There's a little video half way down this report 

BBC News - Storm Eunice: Flights and train services cancelled
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60430197

• Like 6

On 2/16/2022 at 12:57 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I just saw on other thread your SiL has covid.  I hope her symptoms remain mild and that both of you continue to test negative😍

Well after testing negative every day this week, I finally got a positive LFT test this morning.

I've felt like I have a bad cold since Thursday, sore throat, cough, tired but it's covid not a cold.  I'm all boostered so hopefully it won't get any worst. Legally I have to self isolate (and I will) though its widely reported that from Monday the govt is doing away with the legal bit and making  it advisory only. 

Gary is still testing negative 

We have PCR tests booked for later to confirm 

• Like 10

13 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

It is. And luckily, we made it back home in the nick of the time. Many flights are cancelled at the last minute, since the "security conflict" is escalating. I feel so sorry for the thousands who had their vacation plans thwarted....

Last pictures from our trip --

"The Frame" in its whole glory [you can see where the glass floor is] --

_DSC4748.thumb.JPG.f5beec43ba42ecabf97f13af8ec72580.JPG

"Global Village" -- ethnic pavilions of almost all the countries --

_DSC4717.thumb.JPG.c2cb14155793d869fd6293d3d2b6e6a6.JPG

Egypt's was among the "stars"

20220210_162930.thumb.jpg.1c685dc9890b0b33c7b1d6d478633144.jpg

And countries we'll probably never visit

_DSC4706.thumb.JPG.43677e5dbc7329a632cea4d2fcca0172.JPG

A flutist entertaining the masses

20220210_172154.thumb.jpg.bae9c884691028cc650ae145d3e18b77.jpg

And the "magical garden" -- a whole flower airplane and "grass horses"

20220210_125441.thumb.jpg.b35057eec69f9a87b4809465677a4f3e.jpg

_DSC4648.thumb.JPG.0da4bb8e2e741ed348da83b89b45dbd5.JPG

Lovely photos Dani.

I'm really pleased you had a great time.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Well after testing negative every day this week, I finally got a positive LFT test this morning.

I've felt like I have a bad cold since Thursday, sore throat, cough, tired but it's covid not a cold.  I'm all boostered so hopefully it won't get any worst. Legally I have to self isolate (and I will) though its widely reported that from Monday the govt is doing away with the legal bit and making  it advisory only. 

Sorry to hear you tested positive. Hope you continue to have mild symptoms and recover asap.  How long do you have to isolate for?  7 days for us and this also includes anyone else living in the same house even if they test negative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I've felt like I have a bad cold since Thursday, sore throat, cough, tired but it's covid not a cold. 

🤞 you'll get the easier "version". Everyone around me who had Omicron said that if they "absolutely had to have it", at least this one, which is very very mild.

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely photos Dani.

I'm really pleased you had a great time.

Graham.

Thank you, Graham, and I'm so happy for you and Pauline that you had such a nice Valentine's day getaway. Ohh, and those meals and the breakfast facing the sea. Perfect.

We've been to Malaga some 22 years ago, as a base for visiting the amazing sites of Cordoba, Granada and Seville, among others.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

The tracking email is what I received today with an expected delivery date of Tuesday.  I didn't file a missed deliver as everything I have seen said it was going to take a while and I think they are processing in reverse order which is ridiculous.  I have other tests as my DH is getting two every week at work, plus I had bought some.  I just wanted these too as I am testing frequently recently because I have been caring for my Mom who has been sick.

Are you guys talking about LFTs given out free by the govt? Here we've always been able to order from NHS, they come in packs of 7. Or you can download a code and get them free from a pharmacy. But next week there's going to be big changes and I think one of them may be no more free tests .

You couldn't use the tests for holiday testing, you have to buy a private test 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Dani,   I’m 👀 your bookshelf since I’m always searching for a new author.  I’ve just finished the latest Michael Connelly, Lee Child and Jonathan Kellerman novels.  Connelly is my all time favorite, I’ve even started to re-read the Bosch series.  Bonus - they are free since they’re in my Kindle library.  I’ll have to give Parker a try.  

I think I've posted this before but I quite like Historic novels  and my favourite series is the Poldark novels by Winston Graham. Partly because they are set in Cornwall but they are  good romance novels too 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

I've felt like I have a bad cold since Thursday, sore throat, cough, tired but it's covid not a cold.  I'm all boostered so hopefully it won't get any worst. Legally I have to self isolate (and I will) though its widely reported that fr

I've felt like I have a bad cold since Thursday, sore throat, cough, tired but it's covid

om Monday the govt is doing away with the legal bit and making  it advisory only. 

Well, technically you still have a cold. It just has an unidentifiable cause that has a name.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1