Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

45 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

This week,Wednesday to Sunday it is predicted that we will have triple digit temperatures.

Yeah it's going to be really hot all over the US. Stay hydrated.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Our last couple days in Myrtle Beach, we just spent enjoying the beach, the pools and water slides. 

It seems like we had a brief shower almost every day.  You would look one way, and it didn’t look bad. 

577B93E6-B2C2-45F0-BE03-25CD6B687510.thumb.jpeg.7f08b42caeac55058a7a54120d5c5085.jpeg

and look the other way, and see storm clouds and lightening 

430DF1F2-62F2-4312-9F99-C958561C757A.thumb.jpeg.c86db959edb52b19f62824270b73060d.jpeg

The kids enjoyed their beach time, and helped create this little shark

E9E3DB21-E1D4-46A1-A1BC-64763386CD4C.thumb.jpeg.535472e1114baae264ac496fd0fc843d.jpeg

My grandson from California experienced his first water slide.  From his smile, I think he liked it.  This was made from 3 clips.  Me filming going up the steps, one of the kids filming thru the tube, and the final landing. 

What great memories these kids will have. And the closeness with a cousin who lives so far away. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Mix up some liquid with Kraken and you will forget all about tomatoes.

We went out to dinner last night for our Anniversary, and I asked for a Kraken Colada.  No Kraken!  So, I asked for a spicy rum.   Next time I'll just stick to my vodka and tonic.🙄

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Could someone have gifted you and a gift card was omitted?

I am wondering that too.      No receipt/invoice was in the pkg.    It came from Sam's Club and we are not members of Sam's.      There is a PO number on the shipping label and when I try to google it asks me to sign into my Sam's account, which we don't have.    

I said maybe we ordered while drinking one night so we both double checked our credit cards and nothing.    

I guess we will wait and see if anyone asks if we received it.   Otherwise I guess the cats have a new sofa although they really don't seem to care about it.    Eva sat down for about 5 minutes and Sparky for about 2 minutes and they haven't bothered looking at it since then.  They both played with the box for hours last night.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Luckynana said:

We went out to dinner last night for our Anniversary, and I asked for a Kraken Colada.  No Kraken!  So, I asked for a spicy rum.   Next time I'll just stick to my vodka and tonic.🙄

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY💐💕🥂    Best wishes for many more happy and healthy years together😀

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So thankful for the rain! We also enjoyed hearing the load thunder and feeling the house shake.  It rained over an hour and at least 1/2 was strong.  I hope the ground soften up enough to be able to drive some post.  

Started tomorrow the temperature is forecast to go over 100 again for the next 8 days.

We are suppose to get thunderstorms this evening.     They have been saying this almost every day for the last couple of weeks and the rain clouds just pass up.    I feel like I live in the "Beach Haven Bubble" at home.      That's what we say at LBI when our area is missed by rain storms on the island.   

We are also to reach 100 this week with several day heat wave.    

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 86°F in the shade here.

I am sitting in a shaded area between our 2 conservatories.

We named this spot The Smoking Area as this was where my late dad would sit and smoke.

Graham.

IMG_20220718_142726.jpg

I’ll bet it’s still cold in Scotland!

Our high here yesterday in North Florida was 88. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Iv'e done it both on the grill and in the oven I think it turns out better in the oven. I'll season it with some black truffle sea salt and drizzle with olive oil and that should be it.

What temp for the oven and how long?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

OMG that is so unfortunate. Every bar so have a regular rum and a dark rum.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What temp for the oven and how long?

Bake the Bacon Wrapped Asparagus at 400 degrees F for 22 to 28 minutes. The cooking time will vary depending upon the thickness of your bacon and how tightly you wrap the spears.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Iv'e done it both on the grill and in the oven I think it turns out better in the oven. I'll season it with some black truffle sea salt and drizzle with olive oil and that should be it.

Um Greg....what time did you say dinner was???😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are suppose to get thunderstorms this evening.     They have been saying this almost every day for the last couple of weeks and the rain clouds just pass up.    I feel like I live in the "Beach Haven Bubble" at home.      That's what we say at LBI when our area is missed by rain storms on the island.   

We are also to reach 100 this week with several day heat wave.    

We also expect thunderstorms tonight and 100 degree temperatures.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY💐💕🥂    Best wishes for many more happy and healthy years together😀

Thank you, Debbie!💕

Jim and I called our daughter in Ct. to wish her a Happy Birthday.  Jennifer was born on our 1st Anniversary.  Best gift ever!💕

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Someone from Royal actually called me this morning about getting cabins for my daughter.  Very surprised.  However, she kept getting suites.  I asked about two interiors for the three of them and she said they need to be side by side so now I am checking for that🤞

I do not see any connecting cabins that join together right now.        Hopefully something will open up soon.     Or her friend will join then you can get 2 interiors and not have to worry about finding 2 that connect.      

Does look like we will have a full ship on our sailing.    Hopefully no shortage of Vodka or Rum😄

• Like 2

In March it took 24 hours before the photo of my vaccination card was validated for check in. It was another day before Dick’s was. 
On July 6 I did our check in for August 20 Allure. 
Today is July 18. 
Neither of our vaccination cards is validated. Not rejected, just not validated. 
Anyone else have it take this long?

I want to breeze through and into the ship like we did in March!

• Like 1