Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

57 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We went out to dinner last night for our Anniversary, and I asked for a Kraken Colada.  No Kraken!  So, I asked for a spicy rum.   Next time I'll just stick to my vodka and tonic.🙄

Happy belated anniversary Maryann.

I hope you had a lovely dinner.

Graham.

61c0783bc2559bbe47d433b1bf2dd0d9.gif.766b13aac91c4b0dd4b29c79688f3b1b.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann and Jim, have a wonderful Anniversary filled with love, laughter and good health!!

Happy Birthday to your Jennifer, an anniversary baby!

Thank you so much, Bonnie!  How are you doing with your foot and your new apartment?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Happy belated anniversary Maryann.

I hope you had a lovely dinner.

Graham.

61c0783bc2559bbe47d433b1bf2dd0d9.gif.766b13aac91c4b0dd4b29c79688f3b1b.gif

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday Jennifer.

98A89CFC-4E2D-43FB-9727-12DBCD01770C.jpeg.fe4ce792e3b1f28a21a73e03e616a64e.jpeg

Thank you so much for your good wishes, Graham!🥰

• Thanks 1

We returned from Eric's appointment with Orthopedic Doctor.     As said by the Primary Doc not much can be done for a fractured sacrum other than rest, stay off feet as much as possible, (use walker, if possible) and just take things slow until healed.     

I think it was @Bailey & Sophiethat mentioned using an airline pillow and Eric did that this weekend and seemed to help.    the Dr. said that is perfect!    

He said the heal time is about to 6 to 8 weeks but said he should feel much better in about 2 to 3 weeks since he is already 1 week into this.     We are scheduled to return for follow up xrays on 8/15.

I asked for a copy of the current x-ray and was given a CD.   I was going to upload for @Ocean Boyto view but I am unable to open up on my work laptop.     Dr. did say his fracture is located in Zone 1, the wing of the sacrum.       

I did ask about our cruise on 8.28 and Dr. said he would be much better by then.    when we see him on 8/15 he may set up PT but for now he wants him to rest and stay off his feet as much as possible to let the bone heal.   

For the most part Eric isn't in any real pain.     Every now and then I hear him moan as he moves around.   He has stayed in his recliner and the sofa for the last couple of days.   He slept in his recliner last night as he said he felt better being partially upright.   

Stinks this happened to Eric but thankful it isn't something worse.   😀

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Debbie!💕

Jim and I called our daughter in Ct. to wish her a Happy Birthday.  Jennifer was born on our 1st Anniversary.  Best gift ever!💕

Happy Birthday to your Daughter.  I hope she had a wonderful weekend too!

That makes it easy for Jim to remember your Anniversay😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

In March it took 24 hours before the photo of my vaccination card was validated for check in. It was another day before Dick’s was. 
On July 6 I did our check in for August 20 Allure. 
Today is July 18. 
Neither of our vaccination cards is validated. Not rejected, just not validated. 
Anyone else have it take this long?

I want to breeze through and into the ship like we did in March!

I have read on some other threads that some people never got validation on the app but all was fine when they went to check in and simply showed their original vax card.    

Definitely seems to take much longer since ships are sailing at full or almost full capacity this summer.

Our 4 sailings this year all had validation done in a matter of a day or two.  Those were the days😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We returned from Eric's appointment with Orthopedic Doctor.     As said by the Primary Doc not much can be done for a fractured sacrum other than rest, stay off feet as much as possible, (use walker, if possible) and just take things slow until healed.     

I think it was @Bailey & Sophiethat mentioned using an airline pillow and Eric did that this weekend and seemed to help.    the Dr. said that is perfect!    

He said the heal time is about to 6 to 8 weeks but said he should feel much better in about 2 to 3 weeks since he is already 1 week into this.     We are scheduled to return for follow up xrays on 8/15.

I asked for a copy of the current x-ray and was given a CD.   I was going to upload for @Ocean Boyto view but I am unable to open up on my work laptop.     Dr. did say his fracture is located in Zone 1, the wing of the sacrum.       

I did ask about our cruise on 8.28 and Dr. said he would be much better by then.    when we see him on 8/15 he may set up PT but for now he wants him to rest and stay off his feet as much as possible to let the bone heal.   

For the most part Eric isn't in any real pain.     Every now and then I hear him moan as he moves around.   He has stayed in his recliner and the sofa for the last couple of days.   He slept in his recliner last night as he said he felt better being partially upright.   

Sending Eric our best wishes for a complete recovery Debbie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Debbie!💕

Jim and I called our daughter in Ct. to wish her a Happy Birthday.  Jennifer was born on our 1st Anniversary.  Best gift ever!💕

Happy birthday to Jennifer.Children and grand children are the very best gifts a person can ever receive.

• Thanks 1

Um Greg....what time did you say dinner was???😁

We went out to dinner last night for our Anniversary, and I asked for a Kraken Colada.  No Kraken!  So, I asked for a spicy rum.   Next time I'll just stick to my vodka and tonic.🙄

6pm for Cocktails and 7pm for dinner. Come on over for a real anniversary diner. I promise to make you a Kraken Colada! Happy Anniversary Maryann and Jim.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

He will have TLDC ,that is the best 😀

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have read on some other threads that some people never got validation on the app but all was fine when they went to check in and simply showed their original vax card.    

Definitely seems to take much longer since ships are sailing at full or almost full capacity this summer.

Our 4 sailings this year all had validation done in a matter of a day or two.  Those were the days😉

I think we maybe spent two minutes in the terminal in March.
I’d love to beat that record!

I just bugs me because sure it’s an IT thing, not humans poring over photos. 
And ours were clear as a bell

. (Does that even make sense?)

Bells don’t appear clear, they sound clear!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes. The two other couples are long time friends and coworkers of mine as reporters. One is Irish and likes Irish Whiskey so I will have some Red Breast 12 and Teeling for him. The other likes bourbon so we will have a tasting with some of my best. Rip Van Winkle 10, Whistle Pig Old World 12 and Whistle Pig Small Batch 10, E.H Taylor Small Batch, Blanton's and locally Ben Holladay Bottled in Bond Missouri Bourbon. For the ladies I'm going to pre batch, Espresso Martini's and Passion Aperol Spritz's. Dessert will be a death by chocolate dessert served with Godiva Dark Chocolate Martini's. For food I'm doing Starters a Caprese Salad with heirloom tomatoes with balsamic vinegar glaze reduction, and a Greek Orzo salad. Mains are my filet mignon with my special marinate along with twice baked potatoes and bacon wrapped asparagus. Hopefully I won't screw it up. 

Wants pics of all this, making me extremely hungry right now !

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes. The two other couples are long time friends and coworkers of mine as reporters. One is Irish and likes Irish Whiskey so I will have some Red Breast 12 and Teeling for him. The other likes bourbon so we will have a tasting with some of my best. Rip Van Winkle 10, Whistle Pig Old World 12 and Whistle Pig Small Batch 10, E.H Taylor Small Batch, Blanton's and locally Ben Holladay Bottled in Bond Missouri Bourbon. For the ladies I'm going to pre batch, Espresso Martini's and Passion Aperol Spritz's. Dessert will be a death by chocolate dessert served with Godiva Dark Chocolate Martini's. For food I'm doing Starters a Caprese Salad with heirloom tomatoes with balsamic vinegar glaze reduction, and a Greek Orzo salad. Mains are my filet mignon with my special marinate along with twice baked potatoes and bacon wrapped asparagus. Hopefully I won't screw it up. 

I left the house right after posting my message asking you about cocktails and am only now seeing your reply.  If I'd seen it right away, I would have booked a last minute flight to KC and would be knocking on your door right about now.  It all sounds fantastic!

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I think we maybe spent two minutes in the terminal in March.
I’d love to beat that record!

I just bugs me because sure it’s an IT thing, not humans poring over photos. 
And ours were clear as a bell

. (Does that even make sense?)

Bells don’t appear clear, they sound clear!

I really don't know to what extent they verify the cards.    Some have said there is a system they can use to confirm the data is true and correct so maybe they have one person sitting at home that does each photo one by one.      That would be a horrible job.

I completely understand how anxious you are to get back onboard.    I cannot wait to board Oasis on 8.28😃

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I left the house right after posting my message asking you about cocktails and am only now seeing your reply.  If I'd seen it right away, I would have booked a last minute flight to KC and would be knocking on your door right about now.  It all sounds fantastic!

I think we all have a party to crash to in KC this weekend😁   Wouldn't that be fun

• Like 3

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Don’t know if you are an apple user, but their iMovie is easy to use.  You can easily do transitions, add video clips or stills, overlay a voice or audio track, and so much more.

The thing with music, is YouTube will often flag some videos if they have certain music tracks.  I posted a “Rock Britannia” street party video a few years ago from our sailing on Indy from Southampton.  YouTube flagged it as a possible DRM violation and blocked it.

I'm an Android user, so iMovie won't work. I've been using CapCut.

• Like 1