Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Random photos from my sunset walk with Max yesterday.  This guy was planning on joining his friends who were  in the tree next door, looking like Christmas ornaments.A657B1DA-CC0C-4E57-91F0-B11EABD3D659.thumb.jpeg.15b288fb792f7fcbc4e6eaeb29cc3a9e.jpeg

Got a close up despite Max impatiently tugging on the lead to keep moving
7E4B339D-91EF-4CEB-B4AE-524401066CE8.thumb.jpeg.ffea84b4028ae004498ded049c397934.jpeg

Halloween decorations.  The creepy figures rotate like a merry go round accompanied by creepy music.042E2E46-1D9A-4915-B0B1-36CE23C01E46.thumb.jpeg.b2e5835c8ce4c28db1728a6bae968820.jpeg

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Good Afternoon from beautiful Bonaire We wait for some passengers who lost track of the 3.30 pm all aboard time, then we set sail for FLL.

The Summitt is also here. She is on her repositioning from Boston to Miami.

20231019_141608.jpg

Loving all the photos from your cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2023 at 3:28 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

Great news!   When I told my boss that we cancelled our January cruise he invited us to their home in Cape Coral for a long weekend.

Yesterday he told me he booked a couple of days at Boca Grande, Gasparilla island.

We will sail on their catamaran to the island.  Dock and stay onboard as their catamaran sounds like a small yacht with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, full living room, full kitchen, and hot tub on sun deck.

I never heard of this island off the coast of Ft. Myers but it looks beautiful from everything I saw online last night.

Wow, what a great boss!

• Like 1

Two family members and 5 of their motorbike friends have  just ridden from Sydney to Phillip Island in Melbourne.

Phillip Island is a popular day trip from Melbourne to see the evening parade of hundreds of fairy penguins.  It is also famous for its MotorGP held in October.

The trip from Sydney took two full days of riding with lunch stops at pubs along the way and an overnight in beautiful Bright.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Too many to thank individually, and I'm grateful for this.

I'm glued to the TV, since it shows in real time where are the places under missile attack. Our son is in Tel Aviv, which is more targeted than our city. He's renting a flat in a very old building, which doesn't have a proper shelter.

We're getting alerts only according to our place of living.

Beside, I'm busy, along with many friends, with coordinating donations of clothes and money for those who lost everything. It is amazing to see people volunteering to baby-sit the refugee's kids, to play with them, to try and find their pets who somehow survived and reunite them with their owners. You should see the happiness of both parts when reunited. Many cats and dogs were slaughtered / burned along with the whole family. Yes, dogs were also shot without mercy, just because....

Yesterday we had a special visit from President Biden. He promised that this time, we'll not be alone.

Again, from Israel's point of view, he's a "mensch" [A mensch, in Yiddish, is a person of integrity, morality, dignity, with a sense of what is right and responsible. But mensch is more than just an old Yiddish adage. It is relevant now, across the world, more than ever… “To be a mensch is to be supportive. To be a friend, to be calm in troubled times".]

President Biden not only met politicians. He met with family members of those who were hijacked to Gaza, paramedics who saved countless of lives under fire, a ZAKA guy [who has the grim task of honoring the bodies] and a very resourcefulness old lady, who found herself, along with her husband, with a house full of terrorists, and in order to gain time until set free of them, offered them cookies and coffee...

Thank you, Mr. President.

Lovely to hear from you Dani.

Our British PM is in Israel today to show our support.

God bless you all Dani @dani negreanu.

You are loved by us all on your wonderful thread.

Graham xx.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Just mean every cruise we ever been on don't board anywhere near 10am,all board between 11am and 12 noon......so why get there at 10am?

My last cruise on Oasis out of Miami I arrived at the terminal 10:40 and was sitting in Playmakers, according my photo stream, at 10:56. It's been a year and half since I was cruising out of FLL so my info there wasn't accurate.  There were still covid protocols in place so that changed things if I remember correctly.  

• Like 1

So I'm preparing for the release of the 25/26 Itineraries by looking at late 2024 itineraries that are already released, assuming they will be similar.  I've already got 2024 booked up and no more room to book anymore...  

Of course as I'm looking I get jonesing just to book another one.  So I've ended up turning my Icon Nov 30th in a S2S with Oasis on Dec 8th.  I think I need therapy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

The earliest slot to board, available on my upcoming Celebrity cruises were 11.30 am. 

We are also late boarders for our own reasons.

No right or wrong times here. Pick whatever time you like, whatever makes one happy for whatever reason. 😊 it is allllllll good.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We've all been so concerned and so worried about Dani and not seeing any responses.  This morning on FB I saw that she did respond to a post of mine.  She "liked" it.  I was so relieved to see this.🙏

@BonTexasNY Bonnie, please know that you, Jack, your family, and all of Israel are in my prayers. 🙏We are all fortunate that we can share our love and our feelings on this, our Dani's thread.

@dani negreanu

Maryann, thank you, thank you!  I think it was @Momof3gurlzDeb who coined Dani's thread, "the mother thread".  I so love that!

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Started this todayIMG_1996.thumb.jpeg.bdc21529417e1243ce9c7d68fc0062b3.jpeg

I have it on hold at the library.  A few days ago I was #100!  I hope it's as good as The Firm.  Grisham said if Tom Cruise agreed, he would make it into a movie.

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

+ 1 @dani negreanu

Hope Jack’s family stay safe & the grandson - I don’t have the right words to say but I offer my prayers to him and all the troops defending Gaza @BonTexasNY

Thank you so much!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Unbelievably touching.  "Out of the mouths of babes".

I agree who heartily.

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My heart breaks for my daughter and the children.  They are still so sad.

Understandably so. I wish we could surround all of you with healing hugs. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Owen played in what is most likely to be his team’s second to last game of the year. It was their most successful game so far, and they even lead at one point. Unfortunately they lost, in their closest game of the season. Final score was 18-8, if I remember correctly.

Next week is the first round of the finals, and probably the last game of the season.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 11