Which Central Park balcony on Harmony

1 hour ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

We like deck 10

Yeah we just booked our first Central park balcony on Oasis and its deck 12. We usually like being pretty high in the ship when we are in an Ocean view balcony but this this particular category I wanted deck 10. To me the lower in this category would be better. Then again I never sailed this class of ship but that is my thinking. 

I would say deck 10 or 11.  cabins xx243-xx251 or xx643-xx651.  I like the cabins more to the aft of Central Park as a better chance to a breeze.

I have sailed on four classes ships.

Edited by gatour

I would try to get one of the 8 CP balcony cabins that have a “double width” balcony. They are right next to the living wall. The cabin numbers end in “29”. 

Two on deck 10,11,12,14. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I would try to get one of the 8 CP balcony cabins that have a “double width” balcony. They are right next to the living wall. The cabin numbers end in “29”. 

Two on deck 10,11,12,14. 

What are these exactly? These are Central park balconies but larger balconies? I am not familiar with Oasis, haven't sailed her yet. Where can I find these cabins?

11 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

What are these exactly? These are Central park balconies but larger balconies? I am not familiar with Oasis, haven't sailed her yet. Where can I find these cabins?

Double wide balcony as they share a wall with housekeeping. Some ships have added a interior cabin replacing housekeeping. 

image.png.6194897e7a0b17422ac0da32c050a15c.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

10229 and 10629, 11229 and 11629 etc...

3BFA1A0A-DBFC-4463-B468-E1182FAB1F71.jpeg

thank you so much

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Double wide balcony as they share a wall with housekeeping. Some ships have added a interior cabin replacing housekeeping. 

image.png.6194897e7a0b17422ac0da32c050a15c.png

I have stayed in Central Park cabins on Allure, Oasis and Harmony.

While I like the oversized balconies as shown above, be careful if they are located next to housekeeping areas.  You are apt to hear noise in your cabin from those areas.  When we had one on Oasis, most of the noise we experienced was in the morning but some noise through the day.  We tend to be early risers, so the morning noise will not stop us from booking such cabins again, but I would not recommend them IF you are noise sensitive or IF you like to sleep in...the larger balcony will not make up for the extra noise in your cabin IMHO.

On Harmony on our deck 10 near middle of Central Park, we felt the volume of music and noise we could hear from the pool deck during the day seemed louder than on previous cruises on sister ships, so the Harmony cp balcony seemed less serene.   That may have been a fluke with different bands.  I hope so.   On the other hand, we did not hear any noise through the connecting door.

9 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

On Harmony on our deck 10 near middle of Central Park, we felt the volume of music and noise we could hear from the pool deck during the day seemed louder than on previous cruises on sister ships, so the Harmony cp balcony seemed less serene.   That may have been a fluke with different bands.  I hope so.   On the other hand, we did not hear any noise through the connecting door.

We found the same thing with our Boardwalk cabin on Harmony.  Very noisy compared to Oasis and Allure.  Lots of similar complaints.  Looks like they didn’t do as good a job soundproofing.  Harmony was built at a different shipyard than Oasis and Allure. 

1 hour ago, JAMESCC said:

Looks like others have responded. As you can see, you can’t tell the balcony is bigger by looking at the deck plans. Try a YouTube search, I’m sure there are some.

Cabin numbers are 10229, 10629,  11229,  11629, 12229, 12629, 14229, 14629. 

Personally, I would choose deck  10, 11, or 12 over deck 14 due to the possibility of noise from the pool deck above. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We found the same thing with our Boardwalk cabin on Harmony.  Very noisy compared to Oasis and Allure.  Lots of similar complaints.  Looks like they didn’t do as good a job soundproofing.  Harmony was built at a different shipyard than Oasis and Allure. 

Interesting.  For us it was just the noise level on the Harmony CP balcony itself was higher than on sister ships, so I used the balcony less.  Our balcony door seemed to seal well, so the daytime noise inside was not bothersome to us. We did not notice issues from neighboring cabins.  Maybe the neighbors were all nice, quite people.  We are not very noise sensitive people.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Looks like others have responded. As you can see, you can’t tell the balcony is bigger by looking at the deck plans. Try a YouTube search, I’m sure there are some.

Cabin numbers are 10229, 10629,  11229,  11629, 12229, 12629, 14229, 14629. 

Personally, I would choose deck  10, 11, or 12 over deck 14 due to the possibility of noise from the pool deck above. 

mac_tlc

We are on Deck 12 Cabin #12597 but our TA grabbed in for us. At the time he said he grabbed the last one available. I'm happy with the location, deck 10 would be better but this is good. Our TA is amazing and is really busy with all the cancellations and rescheduling. I'm not bothering him with a cabin change at this time.

55 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

We are on Deck 12 Cabin #12597 but our TA grabbed in for us. At the time he said he grabbed the last one available. I'm happy with the location, deck 10 would be better but this is good. Our TA is amazing and is really busy with all the cancellations and rescheduling. I'm not bothering him with a cabin change at this time.

What date are you sailing?  Are one of these even available.  If there is one grab it quick as they usually go fast. Word on this little secret has gotten out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What date are you sailing?  Are one of these even available.  If there is one grab it quick as they usually go fast. Word on this little secret has gotten out. 

We are on Sept 6th. Can't even see if its available, the website is not allowing me to choose a certain cabin. I assume that means only guaranteed cabins are left?

15 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

We are on Sept 6th. Can't even see if its available, the website is not allowing me to choose a certain cabin. I assume that means only guaranteed cabins are left?

15 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

As of right now, 12229, 11229, 11629, and 10629 are available. 

P.S. we are on the 9/13 sailing..... maybe.. Hopefully we will be getting on as you get off. 

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

10629, 11229, 11629 and 12629 are all available

Just  to make sure that you know...these are double occupancy cabins and can only hold 2 guests. 

• Like 2