CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

17 minutes ago, Mysticalmother said:

I am sure there will be people on here who will now shoot me down in flames... go ahead if that is your wish.... my conscience is clear.

Hello, thanks for your reply, certainly I won't shoot anyone down in flames 😃

Fair to say that you don't have to go very far on other social media outlets to find either poor behaviour generally, emanating from both the disgruntled or from the P&O loyalists.  Also, from P&O directly in terms of the responses supplied to guests on their official social media page (the one about being "one of a few" companies giving refunds) - 100% naughty.

I haven't been following the orchestrated winding up petition business, so good for you to reference this for balance, thank you.

For these reasons, I tend to avoid such groups beyond checking, a more grown up and civilised discussion to be had on here I find.  I've been following Cruise Critic for a while but only recently posted.  

The one thing that I will point out from your post if I may is that the trial of the new refund system on Iona's Maiden may turn out to be a red herring.  As you will see, Pete is still waiting for that one, but Selbourne got his money back. 

Anyone's guess why they are different at the moment?  Hope that you receive your money back soon 👍

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Been there got no email or call back.

Hope you have more luck.

I emailed Paul Ludlow personally early Saturday morning fully explaining my then wait of 64 days was over his 60 claim and have had no reply.

If you really want to speed things up you have to be prepared to take legal action, otherwise there's no point in sending all these gentle emails and reminders which are ignored. If you aren't prepared to do that, just sit back and wait and don't get too worked up about something you aren't going to control.

7 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Hello, thanks for your reply, certainly I won't shoot anyone down in flames 😃

Fair to say that you don't have to go very far on other social media outlets to find either poor behaviour generally, emanating from both the disgruntled or from the P&O loyalists.  Also, from P&O directly in terms of the responses supplied to guests on their official social media page (the one about being "one of a few" companies giving refunds) - 100% naughty.

I haven't been following the orchestrated winding up petition business, so good for you to reference this for balance, thank you.

For these reasons, I tend to avoid such groups beyond checking, a more grown up and civilised discussion to be had on here I find.  I've been following Cruise Critic for a while but only recently posted.  

The one thing that I will point out from your post if I may is that the trial of the new refund system on Iona's Maiden may turn out to be a red herring.  As you will see, Pete is still waiting for that one, but Selbourne got his money back. 

Anyone's guess why they are different at the moment?  Hope that you receive your money back soon 👍

Thanks for that. The refund I am expecting related to the Iona maiden is for trips and restaurant reservations so only a few hundred pounds. We took FCC for the cruise itself and used it on a replacement cruise we booked for August 2021. I guess different people are handling the ‘extras’ so that may explain the difference. 

3 minutes ago, staygulf said:

If you really want to speed things up you have to be prepared to take legal action, otherwise there's no point in sending all these gentle emails and reminders which are ignored. If you aren't prepared to do that, just sit back and wait and don't get too worked up about something you aren't going to control.

Not getting worked up.

My Beta blockers I take after my heart attack stops that.

I did say in my email that my solicitor recommended me to take legal action but did not get a reply.

I think we all know that the 60 day rule was to safeguard their cashflow and nothing was going to change this.

Pointless taking legal action then being banned from sailing by P&O.

Graham.

I realise this is an emotive subject and have no wish to close this thread. However I feel a reminder is needed that you all signed up to obey Cruise Critic guidelines when you joined. All posts referring to specific travel agents (however cleverly you think you have disguised their names) and any Facebook groups other than the official P&O one will be removed. Please be kind and respect others point of views.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Not getting worked up.

My Beta blockers I take after my heart attack stops that.

I did say in my email that my solicitor recommended me to take legal action but did not get a reply.

I think we all know that the 60 day rule was to safeguard their cashflow and nothing was going to change this.

Pointless taking legal action then being banned from sailing by P&O.

Graham.

There's a difference between taking legal action and threatening it. I've never been banned as a consequence, they want your money too much.

3 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

I realise this is an emotive subject and have no wish to close this thread. However I feel a reminder is needed that you all signed up to obey Cruise Critic guidelines when you joined. All posts referring to specific travel agents (however cleverly you think you have disguised their names) and any Facebook groups other than the official P&O one will be removed. Please be kind and respect others point of views.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, staygulf said:

There's a difference between taking legal action and threatening it. I've never been banned as a consequence, they want your money too much.

I'm certain they will pay,it is the stalling tactics used that is annoying

We had flights booked on Flybe for after our TA cruise on Azura got back to Southampton who went bust and our cc refunded our payments via chargeback.

23 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Email the lady Jean suggested or Sarah Wing guest relations team leader who is sorting ours and get them to put you on the Bacs list immediately.

sarah.wing@carnivalukgroup.com

Emailed Helen Lamb, awaiting reply

38 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

You couldn't make it up.

Messaged PandO over weekend re refund....I was now being added to refund list and it will be at least 60 days !

Sorry to hear this.  The only thing that I can add is my previous reference to remarks about the current interpretation of the ABTA Code of Conduct.  A delay of at least 4 months is clearly "undue" and can be reported, even in these times, particularly where you are being given wrong information, by at least one of the parties.

If they stonewall you again and you have the audit trail, as it appears you have, then you may want to mention this, as you can report P&O.  This might attract their attention.

As you may know, the ABTA Code of Conduct is a set of rules applicable to all travel companies; breaches can lead to warnings, fines, and ultimately termination of membership.  It is not the same as their arbitration scheme, or a legal route - it's a regulatory system. 

I've never had to do it, so I don't know the ins and outs of the process, but it's there as an underpin for such egregious examples of poor customer service and failure.  I've had to look it myself though recently over P&O.

Up to you if you do this.  Just hope that P&O sees sense, you should not be put to the back of the queue - plainly ridiculous and I can't see anyone (including on this board disagreeing).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

try this one 

You will need your cruise ref, DOB, address, name and bank details, sort code and acc number.

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Email the lady Jean suggested or guest relations team leader who is sorting ours and get them to put you on the Bacs list immediately.

Just wondering - did you check with the individuals concerned before putting their contact details on here for the world to see...?

• Thanks 1

Sorry but cannot help thinking that all these phone calls and e-mails that everyone is repeatedly making to P&O is only delaying the refunds even further they have enough to do without this unnecessary workload.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, funinhounslow said:

1 minute ago, majortom10 said:

Sorry but cannot help thinking that all these phone calls and e-mails that everyone is repeatedly making to P&O is only delaying the refunds even further they have enough to do without this unnecessary workload.

Suggest that they may be different personnel.

Edited by mercury7289
Double doo

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

Hope I have not contravened any rules....I try not to. But I am intrigued as to which is the “official” P&O group on Facebook....? I know there is an official page.