Plans for Third Sydney Cruise Ship Terminal Delayed 18 Months

21 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Actually Uncle Les that’s how the chorus starts the actual song starts When speaking of the champions....

The words are from the olden days, with a number of current teams &/or updated mascots not included. For example my mighty Penrith Panthers are not included! 🙂

Souths were always one of the leagues best for many, many years & their supporters boast that they have won more premierships than anyone else. We would joke with them, yes, but our wins are in colour - a reference that until they somehow won in 2014. all their prior wins were in the pre-colour TV days 🙂 

20 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I bet they're not as nice as my masks. Seven masks each, just finished today after quite a bit of swearing and two broken sewing machine needles - I had to go out this morning to buy stronger needles1120827947_2020-08-0216_52_58.thumb.jpg.8514ba418de8d9d224cbebfe38a3c30f.jpg.

Impressive - 1 a day each per week!  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

We went to your beloved Harys cafe de wheel in woolamaloo on Saturday.

I was very disappointed,must be Rabbito food 

The Gut lives there, at Harrys. I have not been to Harry's since probably about 1999.

3 hours ago, mr walker said:

The words are from the olden days, with a number of current teams &/or updated mascots not included. For example my mighty Penrith Panthers are not included! 🙂

Souths were always one of the leagues best for many, many years & their supporters boast that they have won more premierships than anyone else. We would joke with them, yes, but our wins are in colour - a reference that until they somehow won in 2014. all their prior wins were in the pre-colour TV days 🙂 

Nor my favourite team, Cronulla-Sutherland Rugby League Football Club, aka 'The Sharks.' Who entered the competition in 1967, same year as Penriff - The Chocolate Soldiers, was it not.?  I had to be Sharks fan, residing in the 'The Shire from 1975 to 2005 and being on duty at Shark Park, Caltex Field Endeavour Oval, Ronson Field etc, etc on many occasions.👮‍♂️ They changed the name of the ground more times than I have had dinners. All about the sponsorship.  I knew the 'Prince of Centres' Steve Rogers and his son Matt, (another RL legend) they lived near me at Engadine and were in our golf club.

Sorry for the thread hijack again, I must desist.🤡And head back to the Circus.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

That was mostly because that's how many I got out of the fabric, after experimental ones. One metre of each of the middle and inner layers and 1/2 metre of each of the front layers. It seemed pointless to just make a couple, then make more later. I just made the lot while I was set up for sewing.

29 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That was mostly because that's how many I got out of the fabric, after experimental ones. One metre of each of the middle and inner layers and 1/2 metre of each of the front layers. It seemed pointless to just make a couple, then make more later. I just made the lot while I was set up for sewing.

Good work ladies, go into production andpay for your next cruise.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Its those made in China needles. sheffield steel is the go.

I have no idea where those needles came from. My sewing machine is at least 40 years old and I haven't used it in years. Those needles may have been bought 30 years ago.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I have no idea where those needles came from. My sewing machine is at least 40 years old and I haven't used it in years. Those needles may have been bought 30 years ago.

I bought a new sewing machine a few weeks ago but haven't used it yet. I will mainly use it for taking up pants and jeans ans repairs. I used my old one to take in my grandson's ballboy uniform in January and I wasn't happy with the sewing and thought it would probably come undone but it didn't. 

47 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I bought a new sewing machine a few weeks ago but haven't used it yet. I will mainly use it for taking up pants and jeans ans repairs. I used my old one to take in my grandson's ballboy uniform in January and I wasn't happy with the sewing and thought it would probably come undone but it didn't. 

I don't do a lot of sewing these days so my old machine is fine, although I might see if I can find somewhere to get it serviced. It's been sadly neglected over the years. It was a top of the line Singer machine in it's day.

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I don't do a lot of sewing these days so my old machine is fine, although I might see if I can find somewhere to get it serviced. It's been sadly neglected over the years. It was a top of the line Singer machine in it's day.

Singer were top of the range sewing machines.  Should be like new after a service, if you can find a good technician. 

My new one is a Singer and the old one is a Janome. It would have to be close to 40 years old and was really just past it's use by date. I didn't buy a top of the range as it's not worth the cost for what I will use it for. It is just a basic model.

Leigh

Edited by possum52

21 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Great job 😀

I got some fabric today to make a couple each for Joe & I. We don't have to wear them here but you never know when the situation is going to change, as it changes so often. 

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Singer were top of the range sewing machines.  Should be like new after a service, if you can find a good technician. 

There is a place quite close to us that services machines of all types, though it's a Bernina Centre. Hopefully they will do a good job, the poor thing has been sadly neglected.

2 hours ago, possum52 said:

My new one is a Singer and the old one is a Janome. It would have to be close to 40 years old and was really just past it's use by date. I didn't buy a top of the range as it's not worth the cost for what I will use it for. It is just a basic model.

Leigh

I didn't buy it new. I had a very basic one that my parents bought me in my early teens. It only did straight stitching as I recall. Nothing fancy. My first husband had worked for Singer and still had contacts there so he got me a near new top range machine as a Christmas present. 

• Like 1

Thought I would throw this up..re mask wearing.  Woolworths has gone public saying they want to encourage customers at Woolworths Supermarkets, and their liquor outlets - BWS liquor stores, Dan Murphys liquor, to wear face masks in store.  So guess what..Uncle Les dons his Mask !! goes into his local Dan Murphys this morning to procure some medicine, about half a dozen customers in the huge new store, walking the aisles and at checkout, worse still 4 employees, shelf filling and on checkouts, none wearing masks. What the ????  

Our Woolworths was good today, staff wearing masks, sanitiser by the entrance, a staff member wiping the trolley handles, quite a few customers wearing masks.

Woolworths did say they are encouraging the use of masks but it isn't mandatory even for staff.

24 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Our Woolworths was good today, staff wearing masks, sanitiser by the entrance, a staff member wiping the trolley handles, quite a few customers wearing masks.

Woolworths did say they are encouraging the use of masks but it isn't mandatory even for staff.

Seems to be hit and miss. A bit slack down here the locals, they should remember we already had a dose of the virus at the Batemans Bay Soldiers Club, last month.  The club shut down for two weeks, but the poker machine wheels are now spinning, the steaks sizzling and the cold beer pouring.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Thought I would throw this up..re mask wearing.  Woolworths has gone public saying they want to encourage customers at Woolworths Supermarkets, and their liquor outlets - BWS liquor stores, Dan Murphys liquor, to wear face masks in store.  So guess what..Uncle Les dons his Mask !! goes into his local Dan Murphys this morning to procure some medicine, about half a dozen customers in the huge new store, walking the aisles and at checkout, worse still 4 employees, shelf filling and on checkouts, none wearing masks. What the ????  

I notice the same at our local Woolworths and was not impressed. There are active cases in our area and the same Woolworths was deep cleaned after a Sydney person left the virus behind. How do they expect the customers to wear a mask if the staff are not following the recommendation?

On 7/28/2020 at 11:13 AM, christodan said:

Cite your sources please.

sorry was on the boat and enjoying it to much to come on here , until this weather hit on weekend so thought id come home for a bit .. got to stock up on food again as well .

do your own research . 

looks like this thread has turned into lots of nothing at all didnt miss much at all.

second wave has hit vic it will probably spread around the country , looks like you all might have to go thru your happy snaps of cruising for few more yrs lol.

i guess you all seen the news of the terrible explosion in beirut , and considering this so called stupid idea of a terminal will be less than 100mtrs from the orica plant and the massive gas caverns under that area .  you might think twice ..  i doubt you will  as cruising far outweighs ya common sense .  common sense aint so common on here lol

3 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

sorry was on the boat and enjoying it to much to come on here , until this weather hit on weekend so thought id come home for a bit .. got to stock up on food again as well .

do your own research . 

looks like this thread has turned into lots of nothing at all didnt miss much at all.

second wave has hit vic it will probably spread around the country , looks like you all might have to go thru your happy snaps of cruising for few more yrs lol.

i guess you all seen the news of the terrible explosion in beirut , and considering this so called stupid idea of a terminal will be less than 100mtrs from the orica plant and the massive gas caverns under that area .  you might think twice ..  i doubt you will  as cruising far outweighs ya common sense .  common sense aint so common on here lol

Welcome back young Rod.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 12:48 PM, christodan said:

Ha ha. I forgot to add 'peer reviewed academic journals only"

I do have a psychology degree, so I think s/he is a little afraid of me. As I once saw on a T-shirt "Keep talking, I'm diagnosing you"

i better watch my step now we have a arts and crafts graduate on here now , sorry psychology degree  same degree anyway lmfao .