Changing a cruise w/sail date AFTER September 1st

ToxM

We’re booked for October. 

Apart from being very unsure this cruise will take place, I am unwilling to cruise until there is a vaccine and I have received it. 

The call routing via the freephone number doesn’t allow me to speak to someone and leads me to a dead end and cuts me off. How do I contact P&O to get rebooked for 2022/Has anyone had any success from a similar circumstance? 

Thanks for your wise words in advance 🙂

26 minutes ago, ToxM said:

Apart from being very unsure this cruise will take place, I am unwilling to cruise until there is a vaccine and I have received it. 

The call routing via the freephone number doesn’t allow me to speak to someone and leads me to a dead end and cuts me off. How do I contact P&O to get rebooked for 2022/Has anyone had any success from a similar circumstance? 

Probably best to try the main number 03443388003 which is local rate number but may involve a long wait. Presumably you are thinking of early 2022 as they haven’t released cruises post April 2022 yet.

21 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Probably best to try the main number 03443388003 which is local rate number but may involve a long wait. Presumably you are thinking of early 2022 as they haven’t released cruises post April 2022 yet.

Yes, this would be for end March 2022. The options on their freephone line ar for cruises in the next 14 days and then for cruises up to September. I will try the 0344 number, if only to see if the routing options are the same. Thanks for the advice 🙂

Hi Tox,

I also had a cruise booked for October - I called P&O’s customer service number (0345 355 5111) and switched mine to a sailing next year no problem. They transferred my deposit and my new cruise was available on the personaliser within 15 minutes. It was really easy! If there are any good offers available on your new cruise, ask for them too 😊

3 hours ago, ToxM said:

Could be as well waiting until nearer to the time as they could still be cancelled or they could remove certain ships from the schedule.  You can change a cruise up until 3 months before a cruise takes place (about balance payment date), but once changed you cannot change it again.

Edited by tring

5 minutes ago, tring said:

Could be as well waiting until nearer to the time as they could still be cancelled or they could remove certain ships from the schedule.  You can change a cruise up until 3 months before a cruise takes place (about balance payment date), but once changed you cannot change it again.

Not quite correct... as per their website: 

This means that if you have a Select Price or Early Saver booking, sailing after 1 September 2020, you can now:

• Transfer your booking to any P&O Cruises holiday currently on sale (and not just to those within the next 12 months).
  • Transfer your booking to a cruise of higher or lower value (and not just of a higher value, as is usually the case).
  • Transfer your booking an unlimited number of times (and not just once).
  • Transfer your bookings free of charge.

If they remove certain ships from the schedule then I am still covered as their onus to cancel me. I don’t think I want to cruise for the remainder of this year or next and I have the exact cruise in 2022 in mind. 

Hi ToxM

We were due to sail in late September and not being too confident I rang P&O.  The recorded message says you will  have a wait of at least 15 minutes, I waited perhaps 2.  I spoke to a lovely lady who said she actually works for Cunard but has been brought in to help and she was working from home.  I explained that I would like to transfer our cruise to the same time next year, this was not any problem and everything was transferred over.  My only gripes is that we are not getting as much OBC and the actual cost of the cruise is dearer despite the fact it is the virtually same cruise albeit one year later.  So we are more than happy with how P&O dealt with us.

28 minutes ago, ToxM said:

Not quite correct... as per their website: 

This means that if you have a Select Price or Early Saver booking, sailing after 1 September 2020, you can now:

• Transfer your booking to any P&O Cruises holiday currently on sale (and not just to those within the next 12 months).
  • Transfer your booking to a cruise of higher or lower value (and not just of a higher value, as is usually the case).
  • Transfer your booking an unlimited number of times (and not just once).
  • Transfer your bookings free of charge.

If they remove certain ships from the schedule then I am still covered as their onus to cancel me. I don’t think I want to cruise for the remainder of this year or next and I have the exact cruise in 2022 in mind. 

Many apologies, I did not realise P&O had changed the situation for people booked later this year, I am a bit confused with the different policies of different companies - I am suitable chastised.

I do agree regards not sailing until after a vaccine or at least a  good treatment is found.  It was mentioned a few days ago on the daily briefing that a treatment may be found before a vaccine, which does seem to be a long way in the future.  That makes me a tad more optimistic, but need some optimism at present.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

13 minutes ago, ToxM said:

All sorted thank you everyone 🙂

I did have to wait 30 mins, but very easy to do and now have an aft suite on Arcadia booked for my 50th in 2022!

Sounds good. The aft suites on Arcadia are a good size with a large wraparound balcony.

Can I ask what date in 2022 you got?  We have 2 booked already in 2021 and will have to cancel this October and move it somewhere.   I feel like you, not cruising until there is a vaccine, especially not until the Government lift the restriction on over 70s cruising.

20 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Can I ask what date in 2022 you got?  We have 2 booked already in 2021 and will have to cancel this October and move it somewhere.   I feel like you, not cruising until there is a vaccine, especially not until the Government lift the restriction on over 70s cruising.

March 27th sailing J204. 

Weighing it up I wanted to just move the booking before everything that people were shifting to was booked up. I love cruising, but not really willing to do it til this situation is more of a distant memory and the planet has a bit more of a defence against it. 

It’s worth noting that anything After 1st September at the moment can rebook through til end of March 2022 which gives a bit more scope. 

If we have more cancellations or anything else untoward happens then I will move it again .. as it is a select fare I can do that. Also I was hoping that P&O will beef up their suite perk offerings a bit by then to be more competitive 😉

Just informed marital unit we have changed cruise, but not mentioned the upgrade to a suite - am hoping I can keep my mouth shut about that little nugget til we are at the dock 😉 

Edited by ToxM
Added a word for context
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

In fact that is the only cruise that looks viable to me for March 22.  Might go ahead and move to it.

Jean....we have a cruise booked for September 2020 but if I change it and re book another cruise for a later  date our travel insurance won't cover us for coronovirus which would be a major concern for us...in fact it would prohibit us from booking any new cruise

15 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes, that's why I willl move my October one to March 2022.  It's only a deposit, better than losing it.  Then I will move my 2021 cruises as and when. 

Jean... where is the March 22 cruise going to? As you know, we are in the same boat (sorry...could t resist!) as you...

It s

On 4/14/2020 at 12:29 PM, ToxM said:

It should be alright by that time. To be honest I hate all this hysteria. I mean people die of many other deseases.. die in local conflicts and etc but even now we have to close borders and dump our economy. I have a strong feeling that everything has something to do with financial systems of the leading coutnries. By making all those limitations they are simply trying to adjust some economy numbers.. In any case, by October this nonsence should be over

5 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

It s

It should be alright by that time. To be honest I hate all this hysteria. I mean people die of many other deseases.. die in local conflicts and etc but even now we have to close borders and dump our economy. I have a strong feeling that everything has something to do with financial systems of the leading coutnries. By making all those limitations they are simply trying to adjust some economy numbers.. In any case, by October this nonsence should be over

You are just so wrong in absolutely everything you posted.   The deaths from this are far higher than expected and much worse than flu deaths.  There is no vaccine as present.  If we don't keep to the rules then we put the lives of millions at risk.  This will not be over by October.  It may die down due to people actually behaving but it will be back until we get a vaccine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I do believe the economy in some way will start to move fairly soon, but with huge restrictions. 

I can't imagine visiting a cinema, football match or especially cruise ships for a fair while. 

Vaccines, adequate tests and insurance need to be sorted before any of us should be considering cruising. 

Hopefully it won't be too long. 

Andy 

• Like 1