Serenade moving

I Think they will bring serenade directly to Sydney for the Australian season  but After a quarantine 

If we have a season,which I think we will  .It will be in a quarantined area that will probably include New Zealand. There’s already be talk of it between our governments.

Anyone outside the quarantine area will have to spend 2 weeks in a hotel room.

Australians love to travel and there won’t be international travel,so cruising is about it.

And bookings are strong.

Edited by Chiliburn

21 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I Think they will bring serenade directly to Sydney for the Australian season  but After a quarantine 

If we have a season,which I think we will  .It will be in a quarantined area that will probably include New Zealand. There’s already be talk of it between our governments.

Australians love to travel and there won’t be international travel,so cruising is about it.

And bookings are strong.

I was under the impression Cruise Ships were not very popular with your government at this time. 

I take it your season is ending now, so you are thinking in October? I'd guess you just keep Ovation, Radiance, and Voyager

Just now, John&LaLa said:

I was under the impression Cruise Ships were not very popular with your government at this time. 

I take it your season is ending now, so you are thinking in October? I'd guess you just keep Ovation, Radiance, and Voyager

Governments change their mind like the wind and it’s carnival that’s the problem ,not Royal.

Yes the ships usually move to the northern season this time and come back in October.

We only had a few more cases yesterday,I think in all of Australia it was only 7.

So in 5 months ( October) I think with a free travel zone,we should have a cruise season.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

Governments change their mind like the wind and it’s carnival that’s the problem ,not Royal.

Yes the ships usually move to the northern season this time and come back in October.

We only had a few more cases yesterday,I think in all of Australia it was only 7.

So in 5 months ( October) I think with a free travel zone,we should have a cruise season.

I wish you well

You could be the guinea pig for our winter Caribbean sailings

10 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Dang, we get off and head back to U.S. on March 21st. Have a great cruise! Cheers!

You are on for just 3 legs?  For some reason I thought you were on longer than that.  Anyway...sure hoping we all get to make this long planned adventure!  🙂 

Edited by island lady

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

And bookings are strong.

With Serenade being on the east coast here...won't it still have to go through the PC to get to Australia?  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, island lady said:

With Serenade being on the east coast here...won't it still have to go through the PC to get to Australia?  

I believe so .

We have a booking in December and February out of Sydney and sales are fairly strong.

So it would seem serenade is still coming to the Pacific Ocean.

8 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I believe so .

We have a booking in December and February out of Sydney and sales are fairly strong.

So it would seem serenade is still coming to the Pacific Ocean.

I hope so, and hope to see you on board in February.  🙂 

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

I hope so, and hope to see you on board in February.  🙂 

It’s a long time away and the world is moving fast but travel to Australia may be a problem for you.

At the moment only Australian citizens can enter and possibly in the near future NZ citizens.

even movement between the states in Australia requires a 2 week quarantine in a hotel room. We aren’t supposed to travel any more than 10 miles from our home.

But it’s 9 or 10 months ,anything is possible???

38 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s a long time away and the world is moving fast but travel to Australia may be a problem for you.

At the moment only Australian citizens can enter and possibly in the near future NZ citizens.

even movement between the states in Australia requires a 2 week quarantine in a hotel room. We aren’t supposed to travel any more than 10 miles from our home.

But it’s 9 or 10 months ,anything is possible???

Thanks....alas my one way flight to Sydney has been booked for weeks, as is our 4 night stay there pre-cruise.  Those will have to be cancelled if we can't make the cruise.  Indeed a waiting game.  With my crystal ball on strike...I can only hope and guess.  😉 

I have already had two cruises cancelled, and have 12 of them scheduled before we would even head to Australia.  

Edited by island lady

42 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If she's just doing a repo empty, going east might be cheaper.

???  To go where?  🤔  Hmm..interesting thought.  Going down and around Cape Town South Africa?  

Edited by island lady

12 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Panama Canal transit fees for a cruise ship are a few hundred thousand dollars, so zero chance (in my opinion) that RC will spend that money to bring her through to drift around for fun

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Gotcha, bummer. I'd seriously doubt she sails through PC empty in anticipation of a future Alaska season

That is part of the my thinking in regards to the Alaska season.  It would have to sail empty through the canal for a shortened Alaska season then TP to Australia in the Fall.  The alternative would be to cancel Alaska then sail around south America to Australia in the Fall.

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Cruise ships do not seem very popular with our government either.

I am also wondering if the will sail the Ovation and Radiance up to Alaska empty for a short season.

6 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

Cruise ships do not seem very popular with our government either.

I am also wondering if the will sail the Ovation and Radiance up to Alaska empty for a short season.

Radiance is hanging around outside of SE Asia.  Just drifting around.  

Edited by island lady

3 hours ago, island lady said:

You are on for just 3 legs?  For some reason I thought you were on longer than that.  Anyway...sure hoping we all get to make this long planned adventure!  🙂 

We talked about staying on but decided to return home after the 3rd leg. First thought we might see you on our domestic flight but you will be flying a day before us, I think. We leave Nashville on February 5th on UA to Denver, then UA to Vancouver, followed by AC to Sydney, arriving on February 7th for 3 nights pre-cruise. Yes, definitely hoping we can all go! My bucket list also included flying somewhere First Class (never done that), so the UA flight is FC going over and BC returning; was unable to upgrade the economy seats on AC but hoping to do that upon check-in, if any may be available. Got our neck pillows though! Paid twice the money vs the cheaper all standard economy flights (don't tell DH) but, I'm spoiled, and really wanted to experience FC just one time before I kick that bucket! Besides, that's my birthday week and I deserve it!! (maybe)

Like you, we have a couple of other cruises the end of this year and hope those go as planned as well! Hope we can meet up somewhere in Sydney before or at the Cruise Bar on February 9th!! Of course, there's also plenty of time on board, as well. Good cruise to establish some good friendships for sure! Stay safe! Cheers!

• Like 1