Princess new health guidelines..will X follow suit!

hcat

1 hour ago, drewski1 said:

Yes, that's the form that they were proposing for use on NCL just as sailings were suspended but has now gone on the back burner. NCL isn't sure that it will be used once sailing resumes. From the website:

Will the Certificate of Medical Fitness to Travel form still apply for guests who are 70 years and older?

At this time, we are unsure of the requirements that will be imposed by the government. We will be monitoring this closely and communicate more as soon as we are made aware.

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

Because what one does, the others often do as well. 

On the Celebrity board, a Princess thread that briefly drifted sideways to NCL. As you say, in the current situation with the CLIA providing direction to its members, we can sometimes anticipate what will happen with Celebrity by looking at what changes are being made on other lines. Dropping the Fit to Sail form is a prime example.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mmeg29 said:

Let's be clear why things were shut down - it was to slow the spread and flatten the curve so that hospitals would not be overwhelmed.  In that process many hospitals are now empty and on the verge of closing. I would think closing a hospital is bad for people's health.  Also if cruise lines wait for a vaccine/cure they will likely go belly up.  There is currently no vaccine for the 4 most common coronaviruses( they cause colds), SARS or MERS or even norovirus for that matter.  I am not holding my breath for either a vaccine or cure. 

you are correct. the corona virus is in the same strain as the common cold and we are all still waiting for that vaccine. we either make a decision to cruise or not to cruise. i may get hit by a truck this morning, but not if i don't leave my house, but my house may burn down . either way the grim reaper will get you. i'm gonna cruise.

17 hours ago, mnocket said:

IMHO The doctor's note has little to do with protecting the cruiser..... it has everything to do with protecting the cruise line.  In essence, the cruise line is saying "we don't think it's safe for these people to cruise on our line, but if a doctor says different, we'll let them sail".  

The doctor's note now in the past.  But I think it was meant to protect the health of the passengers as an early measure in the crisis when ship's were still sailing.  And it was meant to avoid legal liability or reduce liability by shifting the burden.

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

The doctor's note now in the past.  But I think it was meant to protect the health of the passengers as an early measure in the crisis when ship's were still sailing.  And it was meant to avoid legal liability or reduce liability by shifting the burden.

That same concern to avoid legal liability and shift the burden is still front and center in the boardrooms....they will try to go about it in a different less obvious way.  Clearly this was not thought out carefully as the resulting cancellations from their faithful client base could have been anticipated. Stay tuned...they have clearly indicated "more to follow".  

Edited by kathy49

20 hours ago, kathy49 said:

That same concern to avoid legal liability and shift the burden is still front and center in the boardrooms....they will try to go about it in a different less obvious way.  Clearly this was not thought out carefully as the resulting cancellations from their faithful client base could have been anticipated. Stay tuned...they have clearly indicated "more to follow".  

Every company small or large has legal counsel (in every industry) that provides continuous guidance on all sorts of matters facing them to minimize their legal liability from the service or products they provide to the consumer.  And liability insurance.  That is just a cost of doing business.  Many individuals have umbrella liability insurance.  Almost everybody who owns a vehicle has liability insurance.  The society we live in has a legal system that allows anybody to sue for anything and then the court system and jury system sorts it out.  In many or perhaps most cases the right decisions are made.  We will see what happens over the next several years with COVID cases in the cruise industry and elsewhere.