Princess new health guidelines..will X follow suit!

hcat

14 hours ago, Babr said:

You have to click on the “Learn More “ button.  Then there is a link to updated health advisory. It says that any passenger or crew member with a chronic, severe underlying condition will not be able to sail. It applies to all ages. There are instructions to contact Princess prior to sailing if it applies to you. I suppose someone there will advise you if you’ll be allowed to sail, saving you the inconvenience of being denied at the port.

I did click the Learn More buttons and there is nothing there about underlying conditions. Did you actually follow the link and read the pages I’m referring to?

7 hours ago, Mark_T said:

I've read through the Princess web site and I can't actually find any reference to the "underlying severe chronic medical conditions" requirement mentioned in the CC article... Does anyone have a link that shows this limitation on the Princess site?

Even if it is there somewhere, I still think they are using the wrong language, severe refers to the intensity of something, usually on a range, i.e. mild, moderate or severe.

The term “severe” is not the same as serious, for example,  a headache can be severe, but insignificant from a medical perspective. Seriousness seems to be the right factor to be considering, not severity. 

Same. I included the link to the Princess pages further up this thread and nowhere am I seeing any reference to underlying conditions.

9 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

I did click the Learn More buttons and there is nothing there about underlying conditions. Did you actually follow the link and read the pages I’m referring to?

It is there when I followed the link.

In any case, this sure does beat having to rely on a physician to fill out a form.  

21 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Same. I included the link to the Princess pages further up this thread and nowhere am I seeing any reference to underlying conditions.

12 minutes ago, keesar said:

It is there when I followed the link.

In any case, this sure does beat having to rely on a physician to fill out a form.  

I've gone through the Princess site with a fine tooth comb and can't find any current reference to underlying conditions as stated in the CC article. Maybe @keesar or others who have had better success could provide a screen capture or specific link.

The screening requirements are contained in the 14 April 2020 document:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/Health-Advisory-and-Travel-Safety-Procedures.pdf

This screen grab shows the pertinent screening criteria:

649353525_ScreenShot2020-04-24at12_44_34PM.thumb.png.7515a463465c40d5e619768a07e3ceb0.png

Some of the information in the CC article, including the following paragraph, is at odds with the information on the Princess website:

The line will also maintain its policy of refusing boarding to booked travelers who meet a variety of criteria including anyone who has been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19; anyone suffering from a fever or flu-like symptoms prior to embarkation; and anyone with underlying severe chronic medical conditions.

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

As it is meant to be completed by a physician, the Celebrity Fit To Travel form only provides examples, not a complete list of chronic illness that could make passengers susceptible to complications should they catch COVID-19. While asthma is not included in Celebrity's examples, the CDC warns that "People with moderate to severe asthma may be at higher risk of getting very sick from COVID-19.  COVID-19 can affect your respiratory tract (nose, throat, lungs), cause an asthma attack, and possibly lead to pneumonia and acute respiratory disease."

Yes in the Uk it’s the same. The problem I see is those like me who have mild Asthma and have had from been a young lad, that’s probably the largest proportion of those with Asthma in the UK and it’s a huge number. It’s not seen as a serious risk, but  it is still classed as a cronic condition. I’m using Asthma as only one example and I’m sure there are plenty of other examples of conditions that people may feel are fine but could get you turned away at the ship.

2 minutes ago, tiggy85 said:

Are you serious???

It’s called a screenshot directly from the PDF they have posted on their website.

Yes I’m serious.  The April 14 version does not have item III.  Go to the link and look.

Just now, Fouremco said:

@tiggy85, if you follow the link that you provided, you will see that III. does not exist. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that you had a screen capture of a previous version of the document.

I just followed my link again for the heck of it and I 100% swear that section III is there just like in my photo. It’s at the top of page two, 3rd line down. 

I found the PDF doc by going here:

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/coronavirus-update.html

and clicking the “Health Advisory” link just a few min ago.

3 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Yes I’m serious.  The April 14 version does not have item III.  Go to the link and look.

I’m serious too - I’ll screenshot the whole darn thing if you’d like. It’s not something I saved, just looked it when reading this thread.

1 minute ago, tiggy85 said:

I just followed my link again for the heck of it and I 100% swear that section III is there just like in my photo. It’s at the top of page two, 3rd line down. 

I found the PDF doc by going here:

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/coronavirus-update.html

and clicking the “Health Advisory” link just a few min ago.

Sorry, nope.... still don’t see what you are referring to.

1 minute ago, tiggy85 said:

I’m serious too - I’ll screenshot the whole darn thing if you’d like. It’s not something I saved, just looked it when reading this thread.

I don’t need a screenshot, I can look at the document directly on the Princess website.

1 minute ago, d9704011 said:

Well now, there’s a mystery.  Have you cleared your cache and temporary files lately?  Try that and see what you get.

I did...same thing. Weirdest part is I have never been on their website until this morning when I read the blog. Nothing for my phone to store or save. 

I agree, it may be an old link that you are following.

Compare your screen capture with mine, and you'll see that where your III. exists there is a blank space before the paragraph that follows.

2030177791_ScreenShot2020-04-24at2_15_09PM.thumb.png.f683b1a31d9e563f12dd14c11c69d641.png

Edited by Fouremco

6 minutes ago, tiggy85 said:

I did...same thing. Weirdest part is I have never been on their website until this morning when I read the blog. Nothing for my phone to store or save. 

I don’t subscribe to conspiracy theories but maybe some 70+ cruiser with severe underlying chronic illnesses has hacked the Princess site and changed the guidelines...

• Haha 1