Just got this email

mrsihopes

1 hour ago, Paula_MacFan said:

These are the same arguments that have been made continually on these threads for the past month.  Princess literally said in their initial 'please bear with us' message that people were working from home to process refunds.  And it's a total bunch of baloney that it's taking so long because of the 'logistical nightmare' of calculating complicated refunds -- not everyone is waiting on refunds from the Covid-19 cancelled voyages -- there are plenty of people waiting on simple deposit refunds and for other pre-purchased items.  Those refunds should be simple and take no more than a couple days -- not 60+.

I agree.....Princess is becoming fraudulent and holding millions of dollars of their passenger money with no intention of returning it but doing everything in their power to make it seem like they care, are processing refunds, working hard for you and want you to book with them again.....burn me once is enough.

• Like 1

Well I have my money tied in with two Princess Cruises.  They may sail or maybe not.  I am not going to worry about it until things settle down and we are out of lockdown.  Then we shall see if the CDC eases up on the restrictions for some people with medical issues; at current I have no medical issues.  IF all fails and the cruise companies go bankrupt next year;  well I guess I will have to use my trip insurance which includes companies going bankrupt.  Not worried; because it's way too early to see what will happen.  For those who have already had their cruises cancelled; or you have cancelled,  I really do hope you get your money back. I mean it;  not fair to keep your money tied up for so long.  Cheers everyone

6 hours ago, awhcruiser said:

I find this article to be a bit "odd" to say the least. The information for Princess shows as:

Princess Cruises: Varied according to ship, all in July in the U.S. and Europe; June 16 in Australia; July 1 in New Zealand

Really? I don't really believe Australia and New Zealand are going to open up to cruises that early. I doubt they will allow cruises at all in 2020. However, like literally everybody else here on CC I have no real idea how things will work out, what Princess management is actually doing, or anything else of the sort.

3 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

With some of you folks, I swear Princess could burn your homes down and you would make all sorts of apologies for how they were "temporarily insane" and not at fault.

Princess has been holding roughly $7,500 of my money since November/December for two cruises that have been cancelled.  Princess is certainly at fault for not refunding the money faster.  I am angry.  However, I am reasonably certain that I will get the money back, and I do not see any point to expressing my anger on this forum.  I also remind myself that the interest that I am losing because the funds are in Princess's control instead of my money market is negligible.  

Yikes!

We re booked our 5/4 British Isles cruise to next year 2021 same time.

Cruise is fully paid for.

We decided last week to just cancel the 2021 cruise and requested a refund, don't want anything else, no FCC or other credit, just our monies paid.

From what I am reading here seems like I won't see any cash until maybe August sometime.

Just ridiculous.

35 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Princess has been holding roughly $7,500 of my money since November/December for two cruises that have been cancelled

bait post - more details needed

was that final?

date of cruise?

date cancelled by who?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

it is a pure stalling tactic and they have no intention of refunding people's money at this time or in the foreseeable future. Lies, lies and more lies.....the goal posts keep moving and Princess is unbelievable at this point.  

Princess is playing a charade leading up to a possible bankruptcy reorganization and then not having to pay owed monies to passengers.

6 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

FCC are worthless, if there is no cruise line, and a stall.  I know you are a Princess cheerleader and I respect that.  

They do not have the money to refund and are not going to do it no matter how many emails they send out.  I will bet on that but I am also going to loose a lot of money to them.  Princess is not playing fair no matter how people try to defend them.  

3 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Princess is becoming fraudulent and holding millions of dollars of their passenger money with no intention of returning it but doing everything in their power to make it seem like they care, are processing refunds, working hard for you and want you to book with them again.....burn me once is enough.

I took option 1 (175% FCC) on my cancelled 29 night April/May transpacific in anticipation of a much longer cruise in the future... but I would be more than willing to loose the whole thing to their bankruptcy... just so you can be proven correct and made happy! 😀

Edited by teecee60
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, teecee60 said:

I took option 1 (175% FCC) on my cancelled 29 night April/May transpacific in anticipation of a much longer cruise in the future... but I would be more than willing to loose the whole thing to their bankruptcy... just so you can be proven correct and made happy! 😀

I am sure you wish is probably going to be granted.  

Remember some people on these boards are out over $50,000.  That would create angst in the best of us.

It seems outright criminal the way Princess is treating them and not returning their funds for a breach of contract that Princess initiated by canceling their/our cruises.  It is not our job to save Princess with our hard earned money.

I for one am in the group out about $40,000 from our cancelled world cruise plus a B2B to Vancouver along with all of our excursions that were  credited on our ship account of $6,000.   They told us leaving the ship in Perth that we would get it in 4 to 6 weeks for our shipboard account.  We are at the 6 week mark and nothing.   OF course those that were leaving the ship had to pay up their accounts!

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

bait post - more details needed

was that final?

date of cruise?

date cancelled by who?

Talk about baiting.  Why do you want that info?  Doesn't pertain to you.  Are you going to engage with Princess on poster's behalf?  

Today is Sunday May 3rd.  I hope everyone is enjoying a nice day;  relax and take it easy.   We are all blessed to be able to take a vacation;  yes I know we are in re-configure mode;  you will take another vacation in the future.  It may be on a ship, or it may be a land based vacation.  Whatever you choose; have fun doing it.  Cheers.

8 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

While I applaud your positive attitude, this isn't a thread about taking vacations, it's about Princess sending out yet another delay tactic on the "refunds" they owe.

Agree.....as each day goes by and they keep moving the goal posts with their blanket vague emails and webpage postings they just seem to come off as more incompetent (by their own admittance) and insolvent.

Edited by PrincessLuver

On 5/3/2020 at 11:02 AM, CarelessAndConfused said:

While I applaud your positive attitude, this isn't a thread about taking vacations, it's about Princess sending out yet another delay tactic on the "refunds" they owe.

Yea I know what this thread is;  we need to lighten up a little 

13 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Yea I know what this thread is;  we need to lighten up a little 

Are we giving up freedom of expression too plus our refunds?  

I think the posts about people's thoughts and experiences about Princess' communication or lack of communication have been very helpful.  

Letting people know what is happening with their refund process and also the one's who have successful disputed with Princess through their credit card company are very hopeful.  

All has seemed very positive to me.....guess it is in the eye of the beholder.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1

PrincessLuver;   I never said I was not interested in people not getting their money back.  If you read my post#28,  I say I feel sorry for anyone who has not got their money back; and hope you all do.  I also mentioned I am in same situation with two cruises currently booked.  I am in no way defending Princess or making light of people not getting money back.  All I am saying is;  take a breath, relax, and take one day at a time.  I am with every member of these boards including the other cruise lines; in hopes that the refunds start rolling in.  That is what I mean by lighten up.  I have seen too many people blow gaskets, and have heart attacks because they don't lighten up.  Thats all.  Again good luck to you all.  But remember I too have lots of money riding on Princess and the two cruises which may or may not go.