Cancelled Twice...OBC?

mrak

So, we just had our second cruise cancelled. We took the FCC + $600 OBC for our first cancelled cruise. Am I safe to assume we wont get an additional $600 OBC for this second cruise (for a total of $1200? I assumed thats how it works, but looking for a concrete answer. Thanks in advance.  

1 minute ago, mrak said:

So, we just had our second cruise cancelled. We took the FCC + $600 OBC for our first cancelled cruise. Am I safe to assume we wont get an additional $600 OBC for this second cruise (for a total of $1200? I assumed thats how it works, but looking for a concrete answer. Thanks in advance.  

I believe I read on a different thread last week or the week before, that yes the max amount you can receive from cancelled cruises is maxed out at $600. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HeavyMetalDeacon said:

We are up to 800

We are now up to $1138 after being twice cancelled. To make matters worse.......

After the first cancellation, they promised my port charges to be refunded within 10 days......lol, nope

For the second cruise, I had to pay up front for additional deposit and port charges.....now cancelled again!
Now, following today’s announcement, no additional cruise credits, another promise of a refund, now 90 days or more out. Here’s the real kicker......if I want to rebook again, I have to pay up front again!

As a Diamond member, 30 plus years......someone at Carnival please tell me why I, or anyone else should do business with you!

5 minutes ago, pzsdd6 said:

We are now up to $1138 after being twice cancelled. To make matters worse.......

After the first cancellation, they promised my port charges to be refunded within 10 days......lol, nope

For the second cruise, I had to pay up front for additional deposit and port charges.....now cancelled again!
Now, following today’s announcement, no additional cruise credits, another promise of a refund, now 90 days or more out. Here’s the real kicker......if I want to rebook again, I have to pay up front again!

As a Diamond member, 30 plus years......someone at Carnival please tell me why I, or anyone else should do business with you!

I have rebooked twice and never paid another dime out of pocket.  YOU NEED TO CALL.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pzsdd6 said:

Now, following today’s announcement, no additional cruise credits, another promise of a refund, now 90 days or more out.

well said!  I still haven't received the first promise of a refund.  And yes, they charge you port fees etc AGAIN when two credits will be outstanding.  

So rebook as an option or ask for a full refund!  Who thinks that full refunds will happen when they don't refund past credits?

1 minute ago, glentally said:

well said!  I still haven't received the first promise of a refund.  And yes, they charge you port fees etc AGAIN when two credits will be outstanding.  

So rebook as an option or ask for a full refund!  Who thinks that full refunds will happen when they don't refund past credits?

I have no doubt that someday, and I stress someday, the refunds will arrive. 
However I find it extremely poor that Carnival will take a phone call for new business, but to make a change, you will wait hours to days to reach someone. Extremely poor that Carnival will process a payment for a new cruise “IMMEDIATELY “, but you will have to wait months fo a refund due to their poor planning and execution. Carnival is financing theIr day to day operations on our dime. This is why they have you sign a cruise contract in which you forfeit all your rights!

I called my PVP and was able to rebook with no out of pocket costs.  Funds from my cancelled cruise were moved to the new one, and since the new one is a little more expensive, I have a balance due on the final payment date. 

My invoice now shows $800 in OBC ($200 new plus $600 from cancelled cruise), though it took a day for them to have the $600 OBC applied and showing in the invoice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pzsdd6 said:

Ours started with the cancellation of the Mardi Gras tranatlntic, the the sunrise out of new york. I hope our 8/21 goes...

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

I called my PVP and was able to rebook with no out of pocket costs.  Funds from my cancelled cruise were moved to the new one, and since the new one is a little more expensive, I have a balance due on the final payment date. 

My invoice now shows $800 in OBC ($200 new plus $600 from cancelled cruise), though it took a day for them to have the $600 OBC applied and showing in the invoice. 

My PVP just switched our cruise.  On the website it still shows the old cruise (paid in full) and the new cruise.  It says my deposit is due in 336 hours.  So, do you think they will automatically move the money over to the new cruise eventually?  I'm sure my PVP is crazy busy, so I don't want to bother her...besides I have 336 hours before the reservation goes away :).  Thank you!

2 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Is the $200 new from an offer you received? I've also noticed I current have NO offers at all, whereas I would normally have a few. 

1 hour ago, mrak said:

Is the $200 new from an offer you received? I've also noticed I current have NO offers at all, whereas I would normally have a few. 

yes, it was a new offer.  I have a few. 

1 hour ago, hayesktrm said:

My PVP just switched our cruise.  On the website it still shows the old cruise (paid in full) and the new cruise.  It says my deposit is due in 336 hours.  So, do you think they will automatically move the money over to the new cruise eventually?  I'm sure my PVP is crazy busy, so I don't want to bother her...besides I have 336 hours before the reservation goes away :).  Thank you!

I would call her and get it fixed.  There is no benefit to waiting.  Part of my funds were automatically transferred. Had to call again to have the rest applied. 

She actually called me to verify the new date works.  She had put in the 336 hours (2 weeks) and I asked that I give her two weeks to get everything transferred over.  I was very happy with the outcome.  

23 hours ago, pzsdd6 said:

I called just to chat and then had my ta call.

The lady said she wasnt 100% sure but usually you can move the entire cancelled cruise, including taxes and port fees. I told my TA so when he called yesterday morning that's what he did.

My canc cruise gone from planner and I dont have to wait on refund for taxes and port fees.

She said first round there was a limit of $500 overflow turned into obc, but not since. I said no worries the new cruise costs more, no overflow, I still owe the difference.

Smooth as silk imo vs how rcl does it.

6 minutes ago, MRVEGAS711 said:

Still mixed answers on the original question. Some say they are up to over $1000 on OBC and the latest says OBC is a one time offer. 

Do we have more input on this?

Perhaps there was a overflow, the 2nd cruise was less expensive. I'm getting $800, 600 plus 100mfor early saver current promotion and 100 for stock.

If the fcc is more than the cost of the new cruise then the difference is obc.

23 hours ago, glentally said:

Actually I had my old port fees and taxes moved to new cruise. Wiped out old cruise. My TA had it done in 15 minutes.  Though I still owe a bit more. Old taxes and fees were 98.64 and new ones 100.64.

But he moved the whole kit and kaboodle over. He said easy process and he dislikes carnival lol. Hes a rcl fan, but he had it all moved in 15 minutes.. before I woke up yesterday..then he had to wait for me to confirm lol. Hes really excellent though. So maybe some are having more problems.

My April 25th cruise was cancelled. I applied the FCC to my July 25 cruise and was given $600 OBC. Now that cruise has also been cancelled. SO...if I re-book, again, I'll still only get $600 OBC. If Carnival wants to give an incentive to re-book, maybe they should honor their word and give another $600 OBC. They offer no incentive to re-book so I'm not falling for it again. This time I'll opt for the full refund, although it's unlikely I'll ever get it. It's been a month since they claimed to process my refund for the first cruise and I've not seen a cent. Once a refund is "processed" it should only take a few days to show on my card.

• Haha 1

I've seen dozens of posts since march that refund ds can take up to 90 days. Giving them less time than it will take will just give you heart burn, wouldnt get it done sooner to get upset they dont meet your schedule.