Cruise with Confidence Enhanced

dutchclogs

If we do a Lift and Shift for  a sailing in Jan 2022, does anyone know if X would let us apply our FCC issued under  the orig Cruise with Confidence Program ? Our present Certif says we must Sail by Dec 31 2021, but I thought they might have extended expiration date of prior  offers?????

16 minutes ago, hcat said:

If we do a Lift and Shift for  a sailing in Jan 2022, does anyone know if X would let us apply our FCC issued under  the orig Cruise with Confidence Program ? Our present Certif says we must Sail by Dec 31 2021, but I thought they might have extended expiration date of prior  offers?????

You should be able to.   They extended all CWC FCC's to April 2022.  Other option might be to apply it first then lift and shift??

Tired of Celebrity failure to deliver.  Had 2 cruises booked May 3 2020 and Dec 13 2020.  May cruise was paid infill in Feb  for the  May  cruise.  May cruise cancelled with understanding  we would receive a FFC.  Still waiting.  No one at X can help after waiting hours on phone.  Tired of listening how great X is.  When the going gets tough the tough gets going.  Not the case of Celebrity.  Losing all confidence in Celebrity.

We got our FCCs 36 business days after cancelling the cruise.  We are waiting for refund of port fees & taxes which TA advised should be back by end of May. 

I hope your FCCs show up soon.  

Edited by jelayne

Where do the FCC credits show up?  I have received port fees, taxes etc refunded on a March 29th cruise, but have not seen a refund for cruise fare, nor an email about any FCC credits....at this point, I don't care which one they do, just do something.  

Thanks in advance for any advice.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

On 5/8/2020 at 9:09 AM, Livin Life said:

We were able to make this switch for Equinox 10 night 9.4.2020 to Equinox 9 night 9.17.2021 so you should be able to get this done.

I was able to do this for my wife and myself on the same cruises - same perks, same price (approximately).

Things show up a little differently on the Booking Confirmation, but it works out to $60.00 less for both of us than what we had booked originally.

It is not as rosy a picture for my Sister and Brother-In-Law. They had a reduced deposit, which didn't move over, X is saying on their booking confirmation that the full regular deposit is due today.

Our TA has escalated this, and asked that the booking NOT be cancelled until this issue is resolved.

We'll have to see what happens in the next 24 hours.

Chris in Inuvik

18 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

You should be able to.   They extended all CWC FCC's to April 2022.  Other option might be to apply it first then lift and shift??

Thanks

If we apply it first, our cruise would  be mostly paid for well in advance of a 2022 sailing date. We would rather keep control of the Certificate.

Do you think we could  request and be granted  an amended FCC certificate or some written Confirmation that  our date to utilize has been extended?   Seems X is usually reluctant to put things in writing!

Other option would be to lift and shift..and use up the fcc on a short cruise late in 2021.  

Are there any restrictions beyond orig booking terms  ( like NRD) once one does a lift and shift...?  Have to look into that... will check the Lift and Shift thread..

8 hours ago, hcat said:

Thanks

If we apply it first, our cruise would  be mostly paid for well in advance of a 2022 sailing date. We would rather keep control of the Certificate.

Do you think we could  request and be granted  an amended FCC certificate or some written Confirmation that  our date to utilize has been extended?   Seems X is usually reluctant to put things in writing!

Other option would be to lift and shift..and use up the fcc on a short cruise late in 2021.  

Are there any restrictions beyond orig booking terms  ( like NRD) once one does a lift and shift...?  Have to look into that... will check the Lift and Shift thread..

I agree with not applying the FCC until you have to.   I believe it was included in the FAQ prior to them doing the enhanced CWC on May 6 that stated that all FCC's for suspended/CWC were extended to use by 12/31/2020 for sailings through 4/2021.   I doubt they would re-issue the FCC with the extended sail by date but I do understand why you would want that.  My only suggestion would be to send an email to CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com asking them to confirm that your FCC can be applied to a sailing past 12/31/2021.  They generally reply by email so that would be some documentation.

As far as booking after Lift & Shift, any penalties move forward to the new reservation.  For NRD it's the 100 pp admin fee if you change or cancel as you would expect.   I also think that if you were L&S a cruise that was within final payment and in the penalty phase and you subsequently cancel the new cruise you would still have to pay the penalty even if outside the final payment of the new cruise.  Of course with CWC I don't think there is that penalty phase anymore at least upto 48 hrs.

Any category change/promo change would of course be a reprice at current fares for the new cruise so probably to be avoided.