Cruise with Confidence Enhanced

dutchclogs

We could not shift our Reflection cruise to Edge, probably because we were in a RS and the price difference was too much.  We moved it to Apex in February 2022 at the prevailing rate but did not have to pay the change fee.

Hi

I am guessing the answer will be no, I haven’t asked my TA to call and ask officially yet, but figured I’d see if anyone here had a similar situation...

We are booked on Reflection late January 2021 - 11 nights - Royal Suite - ABC + Grand Cayman and Cartagena.  Refundable Deposit ($900 per person = $1,800)

If we want to lift and shift I see Edge doing similar but know they will exclude Edge from the promotion not being able to switch between S class and E class.

I also see one sailing on Constellation Feb 2022 - 11 nights - ABC + Grand Cayman and Key West.  Sounds like it should work.  It’s within the time frame, same number of nights, just about the same itinerary.

Here’s the big wrinkle...

When we were on Silhouette late Feb/early March 2020 we booked that Constellation sailing for 2022 in a Royal Suite, non refundable deposit ($900 per person = $1,800)

We expected the upgrades to take place to Constellation when we booked and my husband wanted to try a smaller ship.

Our 2021 Reflection sailing is about $5,000 less than the 2022 sailing on Constellation.

Will they let us lift and switch?  What would happen to our deposits?  

What I’m expecting is that we’ll be out of luck, can cancel our Jan 2021 and get our $1800 refundable deposit back and that’s it.

Thank you in advance if anyone has had anything somewhat similar

Noreen

57 minutes ago, Noreen411 said:

Hi

I am guessing the answer will be no, I haven’t asked my TA to call and ask officially yet, but figured I’d see if anyone here had a similar situation...

We are booked on Reflection late January 2021 - 11 nights - Royal Suite - ABC + Grand Cayman and Cartagena.  Refundable Deposit ($900 per person = $1,800)

If we want to lift and shift I see Edge doing similar but know they will exclude Edge from the promotion not being able to switch between S class and E class.

I also see one sailing on Constellation Feb 2022 - 11 nights - ABC + Grand Cayman and Key West.  Sounds like it should work.  It’s within the time frame, same number of nights, just about the same itinerary.

Here’s the big wrinkle...

When we were on Silhouette late Feb/early March 2020 we booked that Constellation sailing for 2022 in a Royal Suite, non refundable deposit ($900 per person = $1,800)

We expected the upgrades to take place to Constellation when we booked and my husband wanted to try a smaller ship.

Our 2021 Reflection sailing is about $5,000 less than the 2022 sailing on Constellation.

Will they let us lift and switch?  What would happen to our deposits?  

What I’m expecting is that we’ll be out of luck, can cancel our Jan 2021 and get our $1800 refundable deposit back and that’s it.

Thank you in advance if anyone has had anything somewhat similar

Noreen

I'm not sure which cruise you are trying to move under lift and shift but here's our experience.

They would not let us switch from Reflection to Edge because we were in a RS and the price difference was too great.

If your Reflection Cruise is in January 2021, under the current rules your shifted cruise has to be the next year but within 30 days of the original cruise so February 2022 might work. You can go from a S Class to a M class.

If you outright cancel the January cruise you will get your deposit back.

You can make 1 change of a booked NRD cruise to another cruise without paying the $100 PP change fee. (We took this option to book Apex in 2022 instead of our Reflection cruise.)

If your Constellation cruise has price reductions or additional offers such as OBC you can take advantage of them. (There is currently a loyalty offer and a save now offer that saved us considerable $ on our 2 cruises.)

If it were me, I would try to shift the Reflection cruise to Constellation a year later to save the $5,000. Lose $200 deposit on the original Constellation cruise and take the FCC of $1600.

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I'm not sure which cruise you are trying to move under lift and shift but here's our experience.

They would not let us switch from Reflection to Edge because we were in a RS and the price difference was too great.

If your Reflection Cruise is in January 2021, under the current rules your shifted cruise has to be the next year but within 30 days of the original cruise so February 2022 might work. You can go from a S Class to a M class.

If you outright cancel the January cruise you will get your deposit back.

You can make 1 change of a booked NRD cruise to another cruise without paying the $100 PP change fee. (We took this option to book Apex in 2022 instead of our Reflection cruise.)

If your Constellation cruise has price reductions or additional offers such as OBC you can take advantage of them. (There is currently a loyalty offer and a save now offer that saved us considerable $ on our 2 cruises.)

If it were me, I would try to shift the Reflection cruise to Constellation a year later to save the $5,000. Lose $200 deposit on the original Constellation cruise and take the FCC of $1600.

Hi

That’s what I’m wondering if I can do.  But I am not sure since we’re already booked on the Constellation cruise I would shift the Reflection cruise to.  So I don’t really want to cancel Constellation just move my Reflection price over.  And if I had to cancel the NRD Constellation, use my Reflection booking #, and get the FCC for the Constellation deposit, could I then use that FCC on the same cruise it was cancelled from?

Thank you for your help

Noreen

Noreen, I think you can. We cancelled our reflection cruise in the PH because we had a lot of money paid on it and we were getting nervous. While I was on the phone with celebrity the suite showed up for booking at the same price so I immediately rebooked it. The concierge asked if I wanted to apply the FCC to the new booking. Both bookings were same ship date and suite. I was willing to lose $200 but not $11k in the event of bankruptcy.

Good luck. Your TA should be able to work it out for you.

My TA was finally able to get through to Celebrity today and switch our Sept 4 10 night Equinox sailing to Sept 17 9 night in 2021.  I was able to keep the great senior rate and all OBC which I had from both Celebrity and my TA.   Even though it's 1 night shorter it's still just over $100 pp/pd for a C2 on the hump with a refundable deposit.

58 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Noreen, I think you can. We cancelled our reflection cruise in the PH because we had a lot of money paid on it and we were getting nervous. While I was on the phone with celebrity the suite showed up for booking at the same price so I immediately rebooked it. The concierge asked if I wanted to apply the FCC to the new booking. Both bookings were same ship date and suite. I was willing to lose $200 but not $11k in the event of bankruptcy.

Good luck. Your TA should be able to work it out for you.

Thank you for this.  I will reach out to my TA later this week and see if she can do that for us.

thank you again

My invoice from the TA was correct as soon as he got off the phone with Celebrity.   I hope they just didn't reprice you to the new sailing.   I'd check on it as I'm sure they made some mistakes the first day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

My invoice from the TA was correct as soon as he got off the phone with Celebrity.   I hope they just didn't reprice you to the new sailing.   I'd check on it as I'm sure they made some mistakes the first day.

I decided I would call. There did seem to be some initial problem but after 37 minutes working through the issues, I have have a corrected invoice and all is good! 

58 minutes ago, zanderblue said:

Anyone got thoughts on what the lift and shift “same itenary type” means. Would same duration, location, but different ports of call be same itenary type?

Thanks

Mine left a day earlier, a few different ports, same ship, same cabin even, and same number of nights. 

• Like 1

Happily got a lift and shift from Edge March 21, 2021 to Apex April 2, 2022 - one different port, Belize instead of Costa Maya.  Long wait to 2022 ... but let the countdown begin. 🙂

I've gone back and forth with my TA about whether we can move our 2020 Transatlantic cruise aboard the Apex to 2021.  At first she told me I couldn't do it because we had booked with a non-refundable deposit.  After I called Celebrity myself and confirmed we could do it without any penalties, she is now telling me the whole cruise will be rebooked to a different number, we will have to pay another $900 nonrefundable deposit and our other deposit will be issued as a FCC.  If there's anyone who has successfully moved their cruise to the following year and can give me any truths to this matter, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

1 minute ago, uscgmom said:

I've gone back and forth with my TA about whether we can move our 2020 Transatlantic cruise aboard the Apex to 2021.  At first she told me I couldn't do it because we had booked with a non-refundable deposit.  After I called Celebrity myself and confirmed we could do it without any penalties, she is now telling me the whole cruise will be rebooked to a different number, we will have to pay another $900 nonrefundable deposit and our other deposit will be issued as a FCC.  If there's anyone who has successfully moved their cruise to the following year and can give me any truths to this matter, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Unfortunately, it sounds like you might need a new TA. We switched a 2021 cruise to 2022 and there was absolutely no issue about deposits, the existing ones simply being applied to the new booking. Furthermore, both our TA's and our Celebrity booking numbers remained the same. In essence, all that was changed was the date of the cruise, although I asked for and received a different cabin (same category) and there was an $9 CAD increase each in port fees and taxes, probably because of the change of one port in the itinerary.

Good luck with getting your TA straightened away. You might want to consider looking elsewhere in future.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, uscgmom said:

You definitely need a new TA. While we did not use lift & shift our Celebrity agent was setting everything us for us to go from a 10 day cruise with a NRD senior rate to a 12 day cruise on a different ship at the same original price.  We opted to move our cruise to Apex, 7 days, instead of shifting it. Did not lose our deposit and did not need another deposit.  There is also a loyalty discount right now that we got applied to our next 2 cruises saving us big $'s.  You need a 3 way call with you, your TA and Celebrity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Switching a port or two doesn't seem to be a problem. Whether you could switch a Western Caribbean to an Eastern Caribbean or something of that magnitude remains to be seen.

I've inquired this morning to retroactively reschedule our 3/29/20 booking to 2/28/21. We have already received the 125% FCC but honoring the terms of the March 2020 booking is a far better deal than the 125% FCC.

Both cruises were on the Edge but this would swap a Western Caribbean itinerary for an Easter Caribbean. The TA said he has done it before and didn't seem to think it would be an issue, but I should hear back today. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zanderblue said:

Anyone got thoughts on what the lift and shift “same itenary type” means. Would same duration, location, but different ports of call be same itenary type?

Thanks

Our move from a 2021 cruise to 2022 involved same ship, same number of days, and GENERALLY same itinerary (Caribbean). Our new 2022 cruise is Southern (ABC’s) while the original cruise was Eastern. 

Good for us as our cancelled cruise last month was ABC’s and this will give us a chance to make it up. 

1 hour ago, paulh84 said:

I've inquired this morning to retroactively reschedule our 3/29/20 booking to 2/28/21. We have already received the 125% FCC but honoring the terms of the March 2020 booking is a far better deal than the 125% FCC.

Both cruises were on the Edge but this would swap a Western Caribbean itinerary for an Easter Caribbean. The TA said he has done it before and didn't seem to think it would be an issue, but I should hear back today. 

We did this for our Alaskan Cruise.  It shouldn't be an issue.  It is covered under the program.

Thanks for input folks. Looking at pushing out our trip on Infinity next March to same month in 2022. Still on Infinity in Caribbean, but different ports.

I reckon we will give it a go. If successful and this horrible virus abates, I can see us booking an additional cruise for next spring.

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Unfortunately, it sounds like you might need a new TA. We switched a 2021 cruise to 2022 and there was absolutely no issue about deposits, the existing ones simply being applied to the new booking. Furthermore, both our TA's and our Celebrity booking numbers remained the same. In essence, all that was changed was the date of the cruise, although I asked for and received a different cabin (same category) and there was an $9 CAD increase each in port fees and taxes, probably because of the change of one port in the itinerary.

Good luck with getting your TA straightened away. You might want to consider looking elsewhere in future.

Thank you.  It's definitely been a struggle getting this moved.

I want to lift and shift.  Currently on a unique itinerary, 11 nights, Amsterdam to Rome.  Want to move it to 2021.  But Celebrity changed the itinerary from this year’s 11 night to a 12 night itinerary for 2021,  so they are saying I can’t lift and shift.  Same ship, same begin and end points, same itinerary but because they added a night to the itinerary they are saying no lift and shift.

Right now they are trying to offer me instead a completely different 9 night itinerary r/t Southampton, different ship, all different ports.  Like I would  be willing to get fewer nights for the same money??? 

anybody have any ideas?  I’d be willing to pay for the one extra night, some sort of prorated costs, has anyone ever tried that?  Right now my TA is on the phone trying to negotiate that.....

any other ideas?