Cruise with Confidence Enhanced

dutchclogs

5 minutes ago, bbixler18 said:

So I can't take advantage of this because Celebrity changed the ship? 

3 minutes ago, yorky said:

Look at the response I got on their Facebook page on my post above.

Also take a look at the T&C that I included a few posts up. No mention made of having to be on the same ship.

8 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Also take a look at the T&C that I included a few posts up. No mention made of having to be on the same ship.

Yep I did see it, think someone else pulled some up that stated it needed to be the same ship. Bit of conflicting information just now which I guess is understandable given the reps are still getting used to it.

Existing bookings and new bookings made May 6, 2020 through August 1, 2020, are eligible to be rescheduled to the following cruise year at the initial price and/or promotion when selecting an alternative sailing of the same itinerary type, ship class, stateroom category, and voyage length within four weeks of the original sail date. Only guests originally booked on a Holiday sailing may move to a Holiday sailing the following year. The decision to adjust a current booking to the following cruise year must be made by August 1, 2020. If rescheduling within the penalty period of the original sailing date, penalties will be carried over to the new booking should the new booking be canceled later. You may only reschedule a sailing once."

Edited by yorky

I guess the question is if Celebrity isn't sailing the EXACT same trip on the same CLASS ship what your options are. I believe one of the T&C is that a holiday sailing must remain a holiday sailing.

It sounds like they are still figuring this out a bit - I'll post when I hear something - hopefully others will as well.

13 minutes ago, yorky said:

Yep I did see it, think someone else pulled some up that stated it needed to be the same ship. Bit of conflicting information just now which I guess is understandable given the reps are still getting used to it.

I can understand some initial confusion while the reps try to get a handle on things, but in my estimation, most of the confusion is caused by Celebrity's management's failure to provide clear direction. It's unacceptable, for both the employees and the customers, to have the T&C say one thing and the Q&A add terms that aren't included in the T&C. Celebrity really does need to get its act together.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

Haven't heard yet BUT...checked further and the Edge Nov. 21 has the exact 10 days, home port, and ports visited as the Nov. '20 Reflection, so I'd think that would be considered the 'natural' replacement.  It IS lower in price so they may not accept that.  Only other close in price is a 12 day Equinox.    I'm insisting on keeping our onboard booking OBCs and perks so we'll see.

We are also looking at these 2 options as well as working out something on a B2B on Reflection. Both 7 day cruises are less than we are paying for 10 days so have to consider that too.

9 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I can understand some initial confusion while the reps try to get a handle on things, but in my estimation, most of the confusion is caused by Celebrity's management's failure to provide clear direction. It's unacceptable, for both the employees and the customers, to have the T&C say one thing and the Q&A add terms that aren't included in the T&C. Celebrity really does need to get its act together.  

Yes, fair enough.

I agree, you can change ships but it states "same … ship type". Edge and Reflection are 2 different classes/types of ships. If Equinox had the same 10 day Caribbean sailings next year as Reflection has this year a lot of us would not be running into any issues. 

18 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Agreed.  I think they are trying to avoid cancellations for as long as possible and the 125% FCC.  They need to give a  better understanding of what direction they are going.....There is no way European sailings are happening this year for example.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I agree, you can change ships but it states "same … ship type". Edge and Reflection are 2 different classes/types of ships. If Equinox had the same 10 day Caribbean sailings next year as Reflection has this year a lot of us would not be running into any issues. 

On the other hand, the T&C make no mention of ship type, which begs the question of which takes precedence, T&C or Q&A?

• Like 1

I got the email last night about cruise with confidence and my Novembercruise. Used the chat function to ask a few questions and the agent insisted it only covered sailings to September 1st. We went back and forth for awhile on that. Then she just gave me a number to call (which isn't working).

I'm not sure I want to do this cruise next year. Does anyone know, if I transfer to next November,  and subsequently cancel, how long will my FCC be valid for? I have Non refundable deposit and cruise date is November 20th. Will FCC have same validity as the cruise with confidence fcc (May 2022).

48 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The response I got on Facebook was it was ok to change ship class.

On 5/6/2020 at 5:18 PM, AdventureJes said:

Royal Caribbean announced this morning the ability to do a "Lift & Shift" of currently booked cruises allowing you to push your already booked cruise out a year. There are some restrictions as far as dates go, but it seems like it is a good option for those who booked good rates and want to keep them. I can't find if this applies to Celebrity cruises as well, but if it does I may do this instead of cancelling for the full refund. Has anyone else seen this and what are your thoughts?

I spoke with a Celebrity agent this afternoon who had just finished a staff meeting with "the bosses" 

She advised me that they had introduced the Lift & Shift scheme today!

Moving existing cruise to next year at the same cost and taking any perks with you.

This seems like a good option, my big concern would be flight costs.

Our cruise is not till October so the flights are not available as yet. 

Why couldn't they have announced this 2 weeks ago 😞 I have already rebooked my Western Caribbean for 2021 with the FCC. It's the exact same itinerary, only 1 week difference in dates, but on the Apex instead of Equinox (which moves to Southern Caribbean next year out of Puerto Rico). Same perks, but because of cost increase we had to move down a class and my mother has decided not to join us.  My assumption is that there is no way they'll let me move back up to the Celebrity Suite that we had on the ORIGINAL booking. I asked my TA to look into it, but I have no hopes of it really happening.

To add confusion. I tried to change my September 11, 2020 Transpacific on Millennium to next year.  After a long wait, was told this switch did not meet the guidelines of same ship. Celebrity rep said, sorry no deal. He did say Too keep calling back and see if the ship rule changes. He said he spoke with several other reps and departments. Celebrity at its best.  I may try again right now. Millennium to Soltice. 

Edited by My hero 6
Add info

I'm still wondering if this Lift and Shift is all just marketing hype.  It seems that if they are strict with their interpretation of the "same cruise" then the list of sailings that are actually eligible is probably very small.  Just the generic 7 day itineraries.  Even some of them won't be eligible due shifting ships around to different itineraries.

I know it would be more work but I wish they would have just done like they do when cancelling cruises for thinks like unexpected charters or ship yard requirements where they give you a list of protected price cruises.  There should be at least 1 protected price cruise offered for each sailing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lostchild said:

July 2020 Alaska cruise is less than half the price of July 2021 Alaska cruise.   Can I book for July 2020, and immediately reschedule it to next year?  I think I missed something.

Even if they let you do that be careful about the cancellation ramifications.   I believe if you book now full payment would be required and you would be in the penalty period.   Then you move the sailing to next July with the protected price.   From what I read it seems that if you cancelled say Jan 1 then you would still be responsible for the penalty.

Hi again. Just called Celebrity again. This time I had no trouble switching. Things changed?morning till now. Just glad to have this switch done.  September 11, 2020 —- September 10, 2021. Millennium to Soltice. Transpacific Vancouver to Tokyo.  Same price, same perks, same guarantee class of cabin I booked in August 2019. Thanks, Celebrity. My air booked through Celebrity will be refunded, also. Thanks, Gandy sp?  My celebrity phone guy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lostchild said:

July 2020 Alaska cruise is less than half the price of July 2021 Alaska cruise.   Can I book for July 2020, and immediately reschedule it to next year?  I think I missed something.

Call your TA or Celebrity. If your existing booking and the 2021 cruise meet the eligibility criteria, you can ask to be rebooked on the 2021 cruise. In my case, everything was carried over and even the booking number remained the same.

There is some confusion on the question of eligibility, as the Terms and Conditions posted on the Celebrity website are in conflict with some of the information in the Q&A section, and different posters are getting different answers. Ultimately, Celebrity will decide but, as is often the case, if you aren't successful the first time a subsequent call or two might get you the answer you want.

Good luck.

@My hero 6

Congrats on getting that changed - although you are on a different ship and slightly different ports - its the same number of ports / night / days - and even has the same "Name" 

I wonder what the magic combination is

Just now, Fouremco said:

Call your TA or Celebrity. If your existing booking and the 2021 cruise meet the eligibility criteria, you can ask to be rebooked on the 2021 cruise. In my case, everything was carried over and even the booking number remained the same.

There is some confusion on the question of eligibility, as the Terms and Conditions posted on the Celebrity website are in conflict with some of the information in the Q&A section, and different posters are getting different answers. Ultimately, Celebrity will decide but, as is often the case, if you aren't successful the first time a subsequent call or two might get you the answer you want.

Good luck.

My existing Alaska book was already cancelled.  Supposed to go in 3 weeks.   The cabin was around $3500.   2021 Alaska cruise is currently at $4500 same cabin.   2020 July is currently at $2200 in the same cabin.   If I to do it, I will have to make a new booking....  pay in full.   And then hope that I don't have to cancel next year because it is final....

4 minutes ago, lostchild said:

My existing Alaska book was already cancelled.  Supposed to go in 3 weeks.   The cabin was around $3500.   2021 Alaska cruise is currently at $4500 same cabin.   2020 July is currently at $2200 in the same cabin.   If I to do it, I will have to make a new booking....  pay in full.   And then hope that I don't have to cancel next year because it is final....

Sorry, it didn't click with me that your 2020 cruise had already been cancelled.

Celebrity has made a number of changes since March, each time improving the terms for passengers but leaving some people out in the cold. We cancelled an Hawaiian cruise on March 8 when they first introduced the CWC policy. As a result, we received 75% FCC that we previously would have lost out on, plus 25% refund. Not long thereafter, Celebrity introduced the first cruise suspensions, and had we known about this pending policy, we would have waited for Celebrity to cancel and taken the 100% refund. Unfortunately, it was too late to uncancel and go with the revised policy. Now we have this newest policy, sweetening the deal even more, but again too late for those, like you, whose cruise was already cancelled. :classic_sad: 

4 hours ago, bbixler18 said:

I'm booked Nov 23, 2020 for 11 nights on Reflection (Solstice class ship), this is Thanksgiving week.

The Nov 22, 2021 11 night cruise from this port is on Edge which is a different class ship.

So I can't take advantage of this because Celebrity changed the ship? 

I've called to answer my own question.  The answer is NO.  Edge is a different class so can't switch to that cruise.  The agent switched my reservation to the Edge and submitted for a price matching and was turned down because the class of ship was different.  Now attempting to move to 12 nights on Equinox leaving Nov 28, 2021 from same port.

Edited by bbixler18