Cruise with Confidence Enhanced

dutchclogs

10 minutes ago, drlucy12 said:

Thanks so much for the information.  I will have to go back and read it again.  Very confusing 

This is from the FAQs: The current Cruise with Confidence program will be replaced May 6, 2020. Our enhanced program has additional features for all sailings booked by August 1, 2020, with departure dates through May 4, 2022.

• Like 2

Not going to speculate, wording can be interpreted a few ways.  I have my Nov 23 cruise, booked thru a ta tho so will reach out to him eventually.  i still plan on going on that cruise tho but have 2 rooms booked and only need one. So if I can move one of the res to next year on similar itinerary great.    

36 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Not going to speculate, wording can be interpreted a few ways.  I have my Nov 23 cruise, booked thru a ta tho so will reach out to him eventually.  i still plan on going on that cruise tho but have 2 rooms booked and only need one. So if I can move one of the res to next year on similar itinerary great.    

Please report back if you can.  The one I am most interested in moving won't work (at least on the literal wording of the policy) because it is Millennium class this year, and Solstice class next year.  But there is another cruise I might consider moving if the opportunity presents itself.

Tom & Judy

56 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

This all sounds good except there are no 10 day Caribbean Sailings on Reflection or Equinox next year within 4 weeks of our original sail date of December 4.

I have the same problem with Sept 4.  Equinox is doing 9 and 12 night next year.  I have a great senior rate on a C2 cabin and would probably be willing to take the 9 at the same price.  I wonder if they would  allow that?  I guess I have about a month to figure it out.

We have a March 2021 cruise that we felt was a bit too soon for our liking, so I phoned our Big Box TA to see whether it could be swapped under this new policy to the same cruise, same ship, but in March 2022. This was the TA's first encounter with the policy, and his contact at Celebrity was similarly unsure how this would work. She had to consult with Resolutions to determine the process and work out eligibility. It wasn't clear to me whether that was the eligibility of the already booked cruise or the one I was moving it to.

I'm happy to report that they moved the booking to the new cruise, all perks and prices the same with one minor exception: our taxes went up a total of $18 CAD. We could have had the same cabin, but moved to one we preferred, both C2.

Needless to say, we are very happy! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 5

I saw the 3 perk email come across this morning, and the change to the cruise with confidence policy, and that was all it took for me to book.  I did call Celebrity and got clarification on the cruise with confidence policy.  Even the agent was confused and had to consult with staff.   I hope what they told me was really correct.

I booked a cruise for April 2021 today, and under the new cruise with confidence policy I was told I could cancel up to 48 hours before sailing and get 100% future cruise credit.  I was told I did not have to pick the same class/itinerary if I cancelled.  That is for people who are already booked and wanted to keep the price/promotions they have, they can move to next year if they do so by 8/1/20.   If I cancel, I get the 100% full future cruise credit and I have to use it on a sailing date before 12/31/21, or 12 months from date I cancel, whichever is later.  I can use it on any ship/itinerary I was told.

I booked (deposit down), and of course I got the invoice and it does not have the new cancellation terms.  The Celebrity agent warned me they had not updated the invoices yet.  The agent did note in my booking that I can cancel 48 hours before and get 100% future cruise credit.  I am going to try to call back in a few days and see if I can get them to produce a new invoice showing this new cancellation policy.  For now I just screen shotted everything from their website with the updated policy.

I would be curious to hear from others if they were told the same thing by their TA or Celebrity.  I also asked if I had to buy their insurance and I was told I did not,  this cruise with confidence was their own promotion, no insurance necessary.

I hope this post helps others. 

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

i have a cruise next September, with four perks and $500 OBC. do You think I could put it back in September 2022 with the same advantages?

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

We have a March 2021 cruise that we felt was a bit too soon for our liking, so I phoned our Big Box TA to see whether it could be swapped under this new policy to the same cruise, same ship, but in March 2022. This was the TA's first encounter with the policy, and his contact at Celebrity was similarly unsure how this would work. She had to consult with Resolutions to determine the process and work out eligibility. It wasn't clear to me whether that was the eligibility of the already booked cruise or the one I was moving it to.

I'm happy to report that they moved the booking to the new cruise, all perks and prices the same with one minor exception: our taxes went up a total of $18 CAD. We could have had the same cabin, but moved to one we preferred, both C2.

@saphir, as the first quote that you cite wasn't actually mine, I'm guessing that it's your question.

Based on my reading of the new policy and my success today, I don't see why you couldn't. Just bear in mind that the cruises must be essentially the same to qualify. It appears that the only cruises showing now for September 2022 are to the Galapagos, so you will have to wait awhile if your 2021 cruise was to some other destination. As Celebrity staff, and I imagine most TAs, are still trying to wrap there minds around this, you might not get the answer you want the first time around.

Bonne chance!

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

In your case, was the ship class the same for both cruises?  I just wonder if they are enforcing that part if one is Millennium and the other is Solstice.  

Tom & Judy

1 minute ago, TFree said:

In your case, was the ship class the same for both cruises?  I just wonder if they are enforcing that part if one is Millennium and the other is Solstice.  

Tom & Judy

Yes, it was the same cruise and the same ship (Equinox). Same month too, just 51 weeks later.

I doubt that a change in ship class would be allowed, but that's just speculation on my part.

32 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

@saphir, as the first quote that you cite wasn't actually mine, I'm guessing that it's your question.

Based on my reading of the new policy and my success today, I don't see why you couldn't. Just bear in mind that the cruises must be essentially the same to qualify. It appears that the only cruises showing now for September 2022 are to the Galapagos, so you will have to wait awhile if your 2021 cruise was to some other destination. As Celebrity staff, and I imagine most TAs, are still trying to wrap there minds around this, you might not get the answer you want the first time around.

Bonne chance!

sorry. September 2021 (Hawaii).  Thank you.  I will call my TA tomorrow.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TFree said:

Tom & Judy

I was able to switch our Best of Japan on the Millennium for April 2021 to virtually the same cruise on the Solstice for late March 2022. It took awhile as they are still learning the process, but I was able to get the same price and keep all my perks.

The first rep said it had to be on the same class of ship, but the second rep consulted with a supervisor and they were able to change it as the Millennium was not sailing in Japan in March/April 2022, as it was replaced by the Solstice.

Walter

Edited by Cruizerguy
typo
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TFree said:

Tom & Judy

I wondered that myself, if needed we can move from February 14 2021 to February 13 2022. More or less the same 14 night Asia cruise with the only difference a change of ship from the refurbished Milly to the none refurbished Solstice. Normally S class would be a higher rate.

21 minutes ago, Cruizerguy said:

I was able to switch our Best of Japan on the Millennium for April 2021 to virtually the same cruise on the Solstice for late March 2022. It took awhile as they are still learning the process, but I was able to get the same price and keep all my perks.

The first rep said it had to be on the same class of ship, but the second rep consulted with a supervisor and they were able to change it as the Millennium was not sailing in Japan in March/April 2022, as it was replaced by the Solstice.

Walter

Good to see!

23 minutes ago, yorky said:

I wondered that myself, if needed we can move from February 14 2021 to February 13 2022. More or less the same 14 night Asia cruise with the only difference a change of ship from the refurbished Milly to the none refurbished Solstice. Normally S class would be a higher rate.

26 minutes ago, Cruizerguy said:

Walter

@yorky: I think we are on the same February 14, 2021 cruise on the Millennium, and we are thinking about making that same move you suggest.  It is good to see that they are (at least in the early hours of the policy) applying it in a reasonable manner when a switch from Millennium to Solstice is involved, when there are apparently no Millennium class ships in the area in the months in question.  Maybe they are really trying to prevent somebody "upgrading" from Millennium or Solstice class to Edge class using this policy.

Tom & Judy

6 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

I think this this is a very good offer for X to make to cruisers that are on the fence about FCC or refunds. 

It means X don’t want to make refunds.

I wrote asking for one, as when we cancelled they still required a Drs letter at embarkation for over70’s, which I wouldn’t get as I have multiple long term conditions.

They replied that my booking was not eligible for a refund( I booked in UK, where deposits are non refundable).

I was told the FCC good until 31December 2021 ( this was before today’s update) so there was plenty of scope to be able to use the FCC as the pandemic would hopefully be over by then. With the date moved, they maybe now think it might not be?

For a few minutes it was tempting to just hold onto our European sailing and just take it next year with the new incentive they are offering, but we will just take our money back since the future is very uncertain.  I’d rather not be locked in, considering we don’t know if there will be a vaccine.  We will take our money and most likely get a beach house within driving distance,

• Like 1

Just now, irishgal432 said:

So if you re book from 7/2020 to 7/2021 you still get to keep  the same suite perks since we had a suite?

Yes perks and price are protected.  It must be the same itinerary.

Has anyone tried this yet who had booked a guarantee room? I'm not finding pricing or even the option to select it for the itineraries that are a year out for my cruise and wonder if they have that rate blocked for a reason. I got an amazing price on a suite guarantee and would like to push it, but am not sure if I have to find something using the same rate. Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. 

3 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes perks and price are protected.  It must be the same itinerary.

For example. If I have an Alaska from SEATTle to Seattle can I switch it to Vancouver to Vancouver since it still Alaska?