Cruise with Confidence Enhanced

dutchclogs

1 hour ago, oceangoer2 said:

I'm having the same problem...won't allow the replacement itinerary on the Edge from Reflection.  On hold right now.  All 3 options aren't exact replacements and they're saying none of them are allowable (as of last night - understand Millennium is now ok so we'll see what this CS rep says).  If none are allowable, it seems they're saying 'go away - don't bother us  - we have other clients who are less work.'

All worked out.....  To those trying to do same and have been turned down, I recommend trying again through the customer service number.  it seems my CVP either didn't have authority and/or the latest information allowing certain replacement cruises.

Edited by oceangoer2

1 hour ago, morfred said:

Good idea but it does not work for many people. I want to switch from 11 day Reflection in Nov 2020 out of Fort Lauderdale to the same cruise -same weeks -same ports - but THEY changed the ship to the Edge. It is the same cruise Celebrity-Wake up!  Do not penalize me because YOU changed ships. If you want customers back this nit picking is not the way to do it.          

Please try again at the customer service # provided by another poster here.

Edited by oceangoer2

3 hours ago, yorky said:

This is where I hope booking direct with Celebrity may pay off if we have to move.

I was one of the first people to make a switch, on the day the policy was announced, and I did so through my TA without a problem.

2 hours ago, Livin Life said:

We were able to make this switch for Equinox 10 night 9.4.2020 to Equinox 9 night 9.17.2021 so you should be able to get this done.

My TA emailed me an hour ago saying he was on hold for 2 hrs and was talking to an agent when he was disconnected.  He wasn't happy.

It appears that our CVP can make the switch from the 10 day Reflection to the 12 day Equinox next year.  The only thing to be worked out is that we booked with a senior rate and there are no senior rates (yet) for 2021.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I have an August cruise booked currently, but will cancel for a full refund before final payment in two weeks.  I checked the website to see if I wanted to make the switch to the same cruise in August 2021.  I looked at a Sky Suite cabin just a few doors down from the one we have booked.  Lo and behold, the new price is much cheaper for the 2021 cabin (same perks).  I guess we "overpaid" for the cruise this year!

14 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

It appears that our CVP can make the switch from the 10 day Reflection to the 12 day Equinox next year.  The only thing to be worked out is that we booked with a senior rate and there are no senior rates (yet) for 2021.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I don't understand if it's lift & shift then it should be the same price period.  The particular rate shouldn't have to be available.

2 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I don't understand if it's lift & shift then it should be the same price period.  The particular rate shouldn't have to be available.

Even with 2 extra nights ?

58 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

It is suppose to be lift and shift as far as I know. Will report back as soon as I have a booking confirmation.

X transferred my  Nov. '20 cruise to Nov. '21, same booking #, 3 perks the same, but lost 1 OBC perk, replaced by unlimited wi-fi...still kept the onboard booking OBC.  Different ship but same cabin category, same # nights.  Cruise was less $$s so it was re-fared.  NRD transferred to new cruise, no additional funds required.

As some said, from day to day there has been some relaxing of rigid rules (after so many complaints and misinformation?). My CVP just didn't have the 'latest'...but calling directly to Customer Service worked for me...and only on hold about 10 minutes to resolve after speaking with her supervisor.

Edited by oceangoer2

36 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

X transferred my  Nov. '20 cruise to Nov. '21, same booking #, 3 perks the same, but lost 1 OBC perk, replaced by unlimited wi-fi...still kept the onboard booking OBC.  Different ship but same cabin category, same # nights.  Cruise was less $$s so it was re-fared.  NRD transferred to new cruise, no additional funds required.

As some said, from day to day there has been some relaxing of rigid rules (after so many complaints and misinformation?). My CVP just didn't have the 'latest'...but calling directly to Customer Service worked for me...and only on hold about 10 minutes to resolve after speaking with her supervisor.

That is good they worked it all out for you!!  If it was re-fared then this is not really under the new policy and the spirit of 'lift and shift' and instead something they worked out with give and take which one would expect of them.  There should be no loss of perks and cost is to remain the same.  The OBC that you had for booking on board is never lost when you change to another sailing, I've done this in the past and never lose that.

This is smart of them to work something!  For mine nothing NOTHING is supposed to change except the itinerary which I guess I will find out when I get the actual updated reservation email.  I was told I keep my 200 OBC for on board booking, 200 OBC for NDR, and Beverage Package.  When I look online at the new booking it now shows a much higher cost and only 200 OBC and don't believe the Beverage Package as it no longer presents the upgrade option to Premium, but I guess that will update when it is processed within the 3 days and I get my updated reservation email.

Edited by poffles

21 minutes ago, poffles said:

That is good they worked it all out for you!!  If it was re-fared then this is not really under the new policy and the spirit of 'lift and shift' and instead something they worked out with give and take which one would expect of them.  There should be no loss of perks and cost is to remain the same.  The OBC that you had for booking on board is never lost when you change to another sailing, I've done this in the past and never lose that.

This is smart of them to work something!  For mine nothing NOTHING is supposed to change except the itinerary which I guess I will find out when I get the actual updated reservation email.  I was told I keep my 200 OBC for on board booking, 200 OBC for NDR, and Beverage Package.  When I look online at the new booking it now shows a much higher cost and only 200 OBC and don't believe the Beverage Package as it no longer presents the upgrade option to Premium, but I guess that will update when it is processed within the 3 days and I get my updated reservation email.

Re your booking, I'm sure it'll all come out correctly for you after they iron out  how they'll cover it on paper.  Considering my new cruise is from S to E class and re-fared lower, losing past OBC perk wasn't important.  X was 'fair' with me and I with them in order to make it work.  I had a cancelled booking confirmation for S cruise and an updated E cruise confirmation under the same booking #  immediately after hanging up the phone with all details and pricing correct.  Big change from dealing with my CVP past 2 days.  She was overwhelmed I know but so was the Customer Service person who was the epitome of calm and consideration.  Kudos to staff who can keep it together...LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oceangoer2 said:

Re your booking, I'm sure it'll all come out correctly for you after they iron out  how they'll cover it on paper.  Considering my new cruise is from S to E class and re-fared lower, losing past OBC perk wasn't important.  X was 'fair' with me and I with them in order to make it work.  I had a cancelled booking confirmation for S cruise and an updated E cruise confirmation under the same booking #  immediately after hanging up the phone with all details and pricing correct.  Big change from dealing with my CVP past 2 days.  She was overwhelmed I know but so was the Customer Service person who was the epitome of calm and consideration.  Kudos to staff who can keep it together...LOL.

Yes I am totally expecting it to come out as it should for me.  (At least until it doesn't LOL.) 

And yes kudos to these staff as these are definitely stressful and challenging times for them with things changing by the minute and cannot even imagine how they keep up.

Edited by poffles
  • Like 1

We managed to shift and lift an August 2020 Iceland/Greenland TA to a similar cruise in August 2021.  There was a difference of $21 p/p for tax differences.   Departure and disembarkation ports were different in 2021.  We kept all of our perks, including a $100. OBC that I never even knew we had.    Took our travel agent about an hour on the phone with Celebrity, but she was great.  They made the change even though we made a change from the Westbound TA to the Eastbound in 2021.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok.  Our regional rep for Celebrity was unavailable so my husband called Celebrity this afternoon - over 4 hours and 30 minutes on the phone....that was nuts.  However, we got our suspending sailing from Alaska that was supposed to go in a couple of weeks transferred to next year.  Ours was originally an 8 day and we could only transfer to a 9 day (I guess we could have chosen 7 day) but we were looking for similar ports.  At first, the Customer Service Agent said that his supervisor said that our sailing didn't apply because it was suspended and it was only sailings that hadn't been suspended.  We read to him from the Celebrity website FAQ regarding suspended sailings and he said we could speak to his supervisor so we said, sure.  We never spoke to his supervisor but they transferred everything from our suspended May sailing to next year for a May sailing with all perks, etc.  He said we may have to pay for the extra night and we said that was fine....we paid a little more but am very happy with that outcome.  I know some have just gotten it straight through across the board but since our original sailing was ending in Seattle and this was ending in Vancouver, maybe that was why?  I really am not clear how they are doing things but a little polite prompting and they got it done.  Very pleased with this.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LucasLounger1 said:

We have NRD - I was assured if we can't do the cruise we switched to that we would forfeit $200CAD but get $760 FCC. 

To correct myself it's not FCC, we'd need to move deposit to a specific different sailing, forfeiting $200CAD of our NRD.

3 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

I don't know if I will help our situation but I sent your post to our CVP. I would love to switch to Edge if it could be worked out.  On a more positive note, we just added a Canadian Rockies tour to our Alaska sailing next year.

Do you mind telling me what category you are booked in?

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

Well my TA gave up today.  After over 2 hrs on hold this morning he got connected to an agent and then got promptly disconnected.  He tried again this afternoon and was on hold for another couple of hours,  I guess he never got through.  I guess he will try again Monday.

29 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Well my TA gave up today.  After over 2 hrs on hold this morning he got connected to an agent and then got promptly disconnected.  He tried again this afternoon and was on hold for another couple of hours,  I guess he never got through.  I guess he will try again Monday.

My husband who is a TA waited on hold for over 3 hours, and when the rep answered, asked for my husbands number just in case there was a disconnection.  There was no disconnection and after an initial disapproval from 'resolutions', the rep offered my husband the option of speaking to his supervisor.  My husband said he would but quoted from the Celebrity website of why he disagreed with the denial.  The rep said to hang on and came back to him and stated that his manager was working on it with HIS manager.  After a total of just over 4.5 hours on the phone, it was resolved satisfactorily - we paid for an extra night, kept all of our perks, and Celebrity got our suspended sailing moved to next May from an 8 to a 9 day.

Edited by vermonter16

I'm sure your TA will have better luck on Monday if he didnt get through today.  It is a terrible long wait but I do feel Celebrity reps are doing the best they can given the new policy changing by the minute.

17 minutes ago, ian67 said:

Has anyone in the UK managed to change a year ahead with your booking and if so what telephone number did you call?

Hi, 

I haven't changed to next year yet, but have asked questions.

The number I use is 01932835918

When it asks for the extension number, just use 6 zeros & that gets you to a Celebrity advisor!