Favorite Carnival Drink You Have Made

Bowman1

About every other day or so, John Heald has been posting Carnival Specialty Drink Recipes  

So far, we have made the watermelon martini and cucumber sunrise (we have limited liquor on-hand and some of the recipes just have too many ingredients)

Just curious what people have made and what is your favorite?

Mine is the Watermelon Martinis - it is also my favorite on-board as well

• Like 1

We’ve been making the Fun Ship for the last few years when we get cruise fever. It’s the right medicine to get rid of the fever for a little while lol. 

We also make Twighlight Zones too. Yum! Hubby bought me a Margaritaville drink machine for my birthday a couple years back so it’s like having the real thing, blending noises and all. 🤤

2 hours ago, Mrs CruisinCritter said:

We’ve been making the Fun Ship for the last few years when we get cruise fever. It’s the right medicine to get rid of the fever for a little while lol. 

We also make Twighlight Zones too. Yum! Hubby bought me a Margaritaville drink machine for my birthday a couple years back so it’s like having the real thing, blending noises and all. 🤤

Bingo buddy! I mean to tell ya! But you've stepped it up a notch or 2. For my Fun Ship Special, I use white rum, and Tahitian Punch from the grocery store. :classic_laugh:  🍹Not quite the same as yours but I have an active imagination, so I'm good. lol.

• Like 2

this is a thread everyone can have some fun with 

I make:

1. Funship - always a crowd pleaser

2. Cucumber sunrise 

3. 40 is the new 20

4. Martini seduction - my fav

5. Raspberry Martinis recipe I got from Alchemy bar

6. white chocolate Martinis also a recipe from Alchemy

So many good drinks - 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Bingo buddy! I mean to tell ya! But you've stepped it up a notch or 2. For my Fun Ship Special, I use white rum, and Tahitian Punch from the grocery store. :classic_laugh:  🍹Not quite the same as yours but I have an active imagination, so I'm good. lol.

I make my own fruit punch because I like more OJ in mine for some extra zip. I use the Simply Orange juice that has pineapple juice in it and a splash of grenadine. Mix that with some mango rum, Disaronno, and a splash of peach brandy, shake then poor over ice and it’s yum city! 

If you can’t find the Simply Orange and pineapple combo or prefer a sweeter drink, then 2 parts pineapple and 1 part OJ will do the trick too. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mrs CruisinCritter said:

I make my own fruit punch because I like more OJ in mine for some extra zip. I use the Simply Orange juice that has pineapple juice in it and a splash of grenadine. Mix that with some mango rum, Disaronno, and a splash of peach brandy, shake then poor over ice and it’s yum city! 

If you can’t find the Simply Orange and pineapple combo or prefer a sweeter drink, then 2 parts pineapple and 1 part OJ will do the trick too. 

Sorry, it’s apricot brandy, not peach. This thread made me want one so I got out my ingredients and realized I listed the wrong brandy. 

Funship, Remedy, and Chipotle Pineapple Martini amongst others.

My wife and I would watch the bartenders make the drinks and then try to guess what is used and how much when we get back home. Some trial and error, which could be fun. 😄

9 hours ago, mdin said:

Funship, Remedy, and Chipotle Pineapple Martini amongst others.

My wife and I would watch the bartenders make the drinks and then try to guess what is used and how much when we get back home. Some trial and error, which could be fun. 😄

Chipotle pineapple martini?  Sounds really good.  Easy to make? 

31 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

Chipotle pineapple martini?  Sounds really good.  Easy to make? 

Yes, very simple.

-2 oz vodka

-1 oz chipotle pineapple syrup (I use Monin)

-1oz pineapple juice

-1/2 oz simple syrup

-6 to 7 mint leaves

Add all ingredients (save 1 mint leaf) into shaker with ice. Strain into glass and add mint leaf.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mdin said:

Yes, very simple.

-2 oz vodka

-1 oz chipotle pineapple syrup (I use Monin)

-1oz pineapple juice

-1/2 oz simple syrup

-6 to 7 mint leaves

Add all ingredients (save 1 mint leaf) into shaker with ice. Strain into glass and add mint leaf.

Enjoy!

Thank you! 🍸

I'll start.   One of my favorites on board is The Cruiser.   This is how I make it at home:

1¼ ounces coconut rum

1 ounce vodka

½ ounce peach schnapps

3 ounces orange juice

2 ounces pineapple juice

2 ounces cranberry juice

Mix all ingredients into cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes, strain into a highball glass filled with ice cubes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

That is one of my husband’s favorites. Can you share the recipe you use?

Weve been making the Deal Closer since John posted the recipe.

2.5 oz vodka

1 oz pineapple juice

1  oz Blue curacao

• Like 2

I make the Caribbean Manhattan which is no longer on the Alchemy Bar menu but they will make it for you if you ask.

• 2 dashes angostura bitters
  • 2 oz Maker’s Mark bourbon whiskey (I use Woodford Reerve)
  • 1 oz sweet vermouth
  • ½ oz Monin spiced brown sugar syrup

Mix ingredients over ice, stir, and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with Luxardo cocktail cherries. I like more than one cherry 😄

• Like 1

For Mother's Day I am making for my mom and myself French 75's. The Alchemy Bar will make these as well, if you ask.

cracked ice

2 fluid ounces gin

1 teaspoon simple syrup

1/2 fluid ounce lemon juice

5 fluid ounces brut champagne, chilled

1 slice lemon (optional)

Chill cocktail shaker and glass (champagne flute or collins glass) in the freezer. Add ice to shaker. Pour gin, simple syrup, and lemon juice into shaker. Shake well. Fill chilled glass half full of ice, then strain cocktail into the glass. Top with champagne. Add a few fresh ice cubes to keep it really cold and garnish with a lemon twist.

• Like 1

I mean I understand how each and every of you tries to make up some crazy cocktail of yours but I want to give a simple but super summer cocktail that me and my wife love a lot. Take Malibu Rum 50mg and mix it with lemon Schwepps. And dont forget to add some ice. I drink too much I think 

• Like 2