Do you miss "Live From..."

sawtooth

I really miss reading everyones blogs and posts from their trips.

When I wasn't traveling myself, I could at least live vicariously through peoples postings.

Can only wonder when they will return.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, frugaltravel said:

TBH I don't miss those and always wondered why people would spend so much of their vacation time online doing that. But I am probably in the minority.

I agree.  But I can see those who are unable to cruise  living vicariously thru others that are sharing their experiences. So I just skip over those threads.

Edited by land lover

I did follow a live from the SKY before our first cruise on it … but quit after a while, as we wanted to experience the "new" ...

these new 'virtual' live from lookbacks are just not the same - much like a 'virtual prom' 😍

• Like 1

I do miss those blogs and particularly those written by cruisers whom I have met in the past.

3 hours ago, frugaltravel said:

why people would spend so much of their vacation time online doing that.

Having been one who has done so on some cruises in the past, I'd like to share my thoughts with you about your question.

Friends who have not had the opportunity to visit some of the places that I will visit are curious as to my experiences.  A blog can tell more than a postcard is able to do.

Writing and e-mailing a blog entry,  I can include my e-mail address in the list so I have a record of what I saw, experienced, and thought when I return home.

I enjoyed doing it.  For me, I usually wrote and sent the blog either very early in the morning or very late in the evening.  The ship's internet generally was easier to use at that time (less traffic).  So, the time I spent doing so did not interfere in what I otherwise might be doing during the day.  

As I do not intend to cruise in the near future until there is a resolution to the Covid pandemic, I do not miss "Live from" posts.

I read them when I am planning to sail on a ship to experience what the OP posted on a particular ship.

Pictures are the best as they are not influenced by opinion. Posting menus and pics of food are great!

I am thinking of trying brand new lines (Virgin)  when we can safely sail again.

I enjoy reading blogs, because it is like a friend sharing their current cruise experiences.  If I have cruised to places, the blogs bring back fond memories, if I haven't I might add the new ports to my wish list.  I appreciate the time bloggers spend on their blogs, especially on world or grand cruises, which is a big commitment. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, voljeep said:

I did follow a live from the SKY before our first cruise on it … but quit after a while, as we wanted to experience the "new" ...

these new 'virtual' live from lookbacks are just not the same - much like a 'virtual prom' 😍

Yes, the photos were nice, though. Wasn’t the Sky a beautiful ship? Very classy.