Regent Refund Roll Call

On 8/31/2020 at 1:25 PM, SusieQft said:

@flossie009, thank you for the update.  I was happily watching this thread disappear onto page 2  😉 , but now that it is back at the top of page 1, I would like to send a reminder to those who posted a pending refund and probably have it by now.  If any of the following have your refund, or if you don't, please let us know:  

@BBWC, @Jon1951, @airmuskie, @Goaty, @gr'aunt, @fudgbug, @gary705, @Mtns2Lakes, @wishIweretravelling, and @etual324.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in this database!  It has been very reassuring to see that Regent is getting most refunds out in about 2 months.  Quicker would be nice, of course, but in the current environment, I think 2 months is really not that bad.

I’m sorry I have not returned to this site to update my refund status. I got a full refund from Regent to my original form of payment (credit card). I can’t remember exactly how long it took, but it was definitely in the three-month range. (Regent cancelled our late April cruise on March 30th. Refund posted at end of June). More amazingly, Travel Guard has finally agreed to refund my pricey travel insurance premium. Unlike some others who rushed to cancel their cruise and travel insurance when Covid-19 struck, I waited it out. I was lambasted on another thread for explaining how to effectively ask for a refund (as long as you didn’t take the voucher or cancel prematurely);  I haven’t been back on Cruise Critic since then...until now. 
Laughing all the way to the bank...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We should be sailing on Regent next week but still have not received our initial deposit for this cruise which was cancelled in June.  My TA has been giving us feedback from Regent saying it was processing it in two weeks--that was almost a month ago.  Meanwhile, we continue to get brochures from Regent with upcoming cruise itineraries--wishful thinking on my part as many of the itineraries includes countries who may not be welcoming of foreign visitors.  However, I'm hopeful, but if Regent is having difficulty processing a deposit, I'm glad that I didn't pay in full.  Does anyone have an insight into what the situation is with Regent's delay in returning funds to their clients?  Thank you!

We were scheduled to sail on Navigator, departing 30 October 2020.

Regent cancelled the cruise on 28 July 2020.

Received FCC (100 percent of cruise (minus taxes and fees) plus 25 percent) on 04 Sep and applied it to a Regent cruise booked for September 2021.

I made three calls to my TA checking status of the FCCs.  Should also see SSS credits applied (as this cruise was cancelled prior to Regent's change in policy on these) but not yet reflected in RSSC.com account.  Waiting for Regent to cancel our cruise in December 2020 as none of the ports on it are open to tourists.

On 5/9/2020 at 8:06 PM, SusieQft said:

This thread is simply and ONLY to track how long it is taking to get refunds from Regent.  I will transfer the data from your posts into a spreadsheet that you can see at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10N3mC_RBiyaAFQnYNdDg4h1DAmwel3-C0rzTSH_XL9c/edit?usp=sharing

SusieQft:

There is another situation of "refunds" that Regent is dragging their corporate feet.  If you feel so inclined, this may be an opportunity to add another Tab to your wonderful database.

For those of us who had cruises terminated early this year, Future Cruise Credits (FCC) were issued quickly.  Regent pressed you to "spend" those FCC's right away.  In some cases you had to make a replacement booking by the end of this year.  The new problem is that when those replacement cruises were also terminated, Regent appears to be taking the 90 days to release the FCC's back to your account so that you may book something else. 

As an example, we had the following:

scheduled sail date 9/23/20 (paid 100% by FCC's)
cruise terminated 6/16/20
FCC released 9/10/20

I am assuming this is not unique to me.  If not, it will become a continuing issue for others who cannot spend their own credits. It seems illogical that this is a policy or procedural issue.

52 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

If you want to spend these FCC now, Regent will process them in a day or two. Simply tell them (or your TA). I have seen it happen many times...not an issue.

I have asked that exact question over 5 times in 90 days.  Each response was an unambiguous "no, the booking must be audited first before you get your credits back".  I have 2 bookings in limbo for that very reason.

Perhaps the left hand doesn't know the procedure of the right hand.  I would still like to know if other passengers are experiencing the same delays that i have had.

Every time I place the booking I do so while telling the rep I want the FCC applied to it. I then call back 3 days later and it has been done. I have no idea what you mean by audited but if your TA is telling you this, you might want to call Regent yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Explorer cruise scheduled to depart 11/6/20.  Cancelled by Regent 10/5, refund requested 10/5, and refund request confirmed 10/5.  For a point of reference we had booked our own airfare on Delta.  I called to check if I could get it refunded or would only get an credit.  They would refun because they cancelled the fights I originally booked and we had the refund within 72 hours;

• Thanks 1

Very impressed with Regent's latest speed of refund:

Cruise date: 13 Nov 2020

Cancelled by Regent: 05 Oct 2020

Refund requested: 06 Oct 2020

Full refund back on credit card: 13 Oct 2020

We certainly were not expecting the money back so quickly since the refund acknowledgement included the standard sentence "Refund requests will be validated and refunds will be processed within 60 days of the request", so 7 days was most welcome 🙂

It must be our lucky week as British Airways also excelled when we cancelled the flights that we had booked independently - refund was received within 24hrs of us cancelling.

However, we would still like to get back to those halcyon days of travelling worldwide rather than going through these endless rounds of cancellations ................... let's hope things improve one day soon 🤔

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2020 at 1:04 PM, chaunceyb said:

Sail Date: January 5, 2021 - SS Mariner, Miami to Lima

Cancelled by RSSC: August 26, 2020

Date Requested Refund: August 27, 2020

As of October 14, 2020 - NO REFUND received.

Edited by chaunceyb

Sale date was January 2020. Regent collected final payment on August 7 and then cancelled cruise August 27. We believe they knew cruise would cancel but collected final payment in the hope that we would rebook with them using our cancelled cruise payment.

As of today October 20, still no refund. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Very impressed with Regent's latest speed of refund:

Cruise date: 13 Nov 2020

Cancelled by Regent: 05 Oct 2020

Refund requested: 06 Oct 2020

Full refund back on credit card: 13 Oct 2020

We certainly were not expecting the money back so quickly since the refund acknowledgement included the standard sentence "Refund requests will be validated and refunds will be processed within 60 days of the request", so 7 days was most welcome 🙂

It must be our lucky week as British Airways also excelled when we cancelled the flights that we had booked independently - refund was received within 24hrs of us cancelling.

However, we would still like to get back to those halcyon days of travelling worldwide rather than going through these endless rounds of cancellations ................... let's hope things improve one day soon 🤔