MSC ships docked at Ocean Cay

skings

Out of boredom I checked marine traffic and saw that at least 5 ships are anchored at Ocean Cay. They were here in Florida a few weeks ago. Hope their crews left onboard are well

and able to enjoy the island,  since it is MSC owned.

Another question I wonder how long before things get moldy inside or does the crew still need to clean cabins? When we rented a cabin near the ocean for the season it needed to be

deep clean before new season began.

I have been wondering where the MSC ships were.  I suspected that at least Armonia and Seaside was still in North American waters due to their projected sailing schedules.  Meraviglia, I thought might have sailed to Europe.

I am sure that the crews are keeping the ships in good shape.  While they may be able to enjoy some of the facilities that we guests are able to use, they will have a job to do and hours of work to fulfill that probably has to be documented.  

Some crew did get moved to the guest cabins.  MSC is still working with various country's governments to get them to accept their citizens back home.  Many places are still in lock down and flights are not going to their home countries.  Some lines are using their ships to take the crew to their county.  Sad situation for them and their families. They still have to quarantine for 14 days if they can get back into their country.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Divina, Seaside, Armonia and Meraviglia were regularly all rotating into Port Miami for the first few weeks for supplies and fuel but have been anchored at OC for a while now along with Preziosa.

I daily check the Port of Miami webcam and it has been some time since a MSC ship has been at dock for fuel/supplies.  I wonder if they are going elsewhere.

13 hours ago, Cruiser Bruiser said:

The fact that Preziosa is at Ocean Cay gives me not comfort whatsoever. I'm supposed to be sailing her in Northern Europe in September. What to do...

I can't imagine any cruise ship will legitimately sail this year.  And even if any do, you probably don't want to be on one for at least a month or two afterwards so the lines can get some kind of routine around the new policies.

If I were you, I would seriously start looking into delaying your trip to another date.

18 hours ago, Cruiser Bruiser said:

The fact that Preziosa is at Ocean Cay gives me not comfort whatsoever. I'm supposed to be sailing her in Northern Europe in September. What to do...

5 hours ago, Beardface said:

I can't imagine any cruise ship will legitimately sail this year.  And even if any do, you probably don't want to be on one for at least a month or two afterwards so the lines can get some kind of routine around the new policies.

If I were you, I would seriously start looking into delaying your trip to another date.

I have abandoned my 15 Sep 2020 cruise on Preziosa. My group is now booked on Virtuosa departing on 11 Sep 2021.

20 minutes ago, Cruiser Bruiser said:

I have abandoned my 15 Sep 2020 cruise on Preziosa. My group is now booked on Virtuosa departing on 11 Sep 2021.

Good deal!  Stinks that its delayed but I think you'll be much happier now that you aren't stressing on whether its going to sail and what it will look like.

23 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I daily check the Port of Miami webcam and it has been some time since a MSC ship has been at dock for fuel/supplies.  I wonder if they are going elsewhere.

Me too! It's gone very quiet at port Miami recently. 

Edited by CruisingFox27

Just now, CruisingFox27 said:

Me too! It's gone very quiet at port Miami recently. 

Not MSC ships. put the Port of Miami web cam has shown activity with some of the other cruise ships.  Carnival Fantasy and Majesty of the Seas sailed today.  There have been much more "traffic" in that port than at Port Everglades.  I do wonder about the MSC ships.  They surely do need to re-fuel and re-supply at some point.

12 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Activity from all cruise lines has been reduced lately. Although yesterday and today seem busier, just to disprove my point lol!

MSC Divina is in port today.

I saw MSC Divina in port today and watched her sail.  Whose next I wonder.

19 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I saw MSC Divina in port today and watched her sail.  Whose next I wonder.

16 hours ago, neptuno said:

Well, with the current storm brewing, maybe a few more?

None this afternoon.  In fact, there are fewer ships at the Port of Miami today than I have seen in a rather long time.

2 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

An impressive lightening display at POM this morning and quite a few ships coming in to dock.

Including NCL Epic, which has to be the ugliest ship I've ever seen. 

Yep, but luckily only one of them.

The Epic Haven is supposed to be best in fleet but as long as FDR around, not likely to sail them.

Edited by dexddd

We have sailed on the Epic 4 times and loved every trip.  The entertainment, dining options and crew were great.  As they say, you can't always judge a book by its cover.  Cant wait for cruising to start up again!

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

The Epic Haven is supposed to be best in fleet but as long as FDR around, not likely to sail them.

Definitely a better Haven than Jewel and BA class.  Perhaps the Joy/Bliss/Encore are as nice though.  The rest of the Epic was so-so; we did not like the lack of ocean views, smokiness, crowds and configuration of the standard cabins.  The mass of customer unfriendly policy changes also made us leave NCL in late 2016.