Majestic Princess Refunds

23 hours ago, Ondine said:

I applied on 18th March for Option 1 (FCCs) for a cruise on Golden Princess due to sail on 23rd March but cancelled by Princess on 12th March and have not heard anything back at all so I don't think they are processed in any order at all.  That makes it around 80 days for me.  Getting rather frustrated.

Decided to phone Princess this morning.  Spoke with an Australian lady.

I explained that I was in the "Phase 1 cancellation" group and would like an update.

She told me that refunds were being done in order of sailing dates.

I said NOT SO, that other passengers who had sailing dates later than mine had reported receiving refunds.

She then said that some workers were processing claims faster than others.  (Think the office cat has mine!)

She then looked up my profile and confirmed that I had submitted a claim on March 18th for FCCs.

However there had been no updates on my account information since then.  grrrrrr

She asked if I had other cruises booked because if the final payment dates were prior to my receiving credits then they could put a hold on final payment for the future cruise pending receiving credits to avoid cancellation of the booking.  I said I had one for next February and final payment was due in November.  She was sure that I would have my credits by then.  I am not so sure at the moment.

Told her I would ring back in a month.  She assured me I would have my credits by then!!!

• 3 months later...

Okay ,now I am really annoyed As it has been 6 full months since we filled out the form for our out of pocket expenses being for

taxi to airport and our fares back to Brisbane from Perth,Also  I claimed For our Singapore to Brisbane fares as we could not contact Qantas to change our original flight to a new one I might add I wasted hours on the phone and missed Adelaide altogether in a travel agents so not able to see much.

I have made several calls, emails and last contact was 6 weeks ago when they asked me to supply proof of cancelation of the Singapore Brisbane flight and also the refusal of insurance to pay out the fare (I didn’t bother with insurance claim as was told due to COVID-19 it would not be considered)

So 6 weeks ago I told them exactly that and supplied my proof of cancelation

(which was in fact the whole fare ) and have heard nothing since.

I believe I have been more than patient and wondering if anyone else is still waiting for out of pocket expenses or can give any advice as how to contact a Princess higher management.

Cheers Carole

We had flights booked with Virgin which were non refundable for our cruise from Sydney on the Sun Princess in April. When I received notification from Princess that the cruise had been cancelled because we had booked through our local travel agent our TA had to arrange the refund of the cruise for us which although it did take sometime we received a refund in full from Princess plus the deposit we had paid on our cruise in September on the Sapphire Princess.

She also lodged a claim with Princess for the non refundable flights we had booked for the April cruise. Our TA later received correspondence from Princess denying our claim for the flights on the basis that we should have been entitled to a credit voucher from Virgin which incidentally was useless to us due to the fact that the company had gone bust and it was likely that we would never fly with them again. Our TA suggested that she contact Virgin and obtain a letter to pass on to Princess stating that we didn't want a credit voucher and that we wanted a refund for the cost of the flights. I got an email from our TA last week stating that they were still waiting on a response from Princess regarding our claim and would let me know of the outcome as more information comes to hand.

The amount of the flights was not a lot of money and I am resigned to the fact that I will just have to write the amount off.

As they say patience is a virtue

In respect to our TA IMO she has gone above and beyond what I would expect and has done a great job in dealing with the refunds involved with the cancellation of the April and September cruises.

Cheers

1 hour ago, ozziepost said:

We had flights booked with Virgin which were non refundable for our cruise from Sydney on the Sun Princess in April. When I received notification from Princess that the cruise had been cancelled because we had booked through our local travel agent our TA had to arrange the refund of the cruise for us which although it did take sometime we received a refund in full from Princess plus the deposit we had paid on our cruise in September on the Sapphire Princess.

She also lodged a claim with Princess for the non refundable flights we had booked for the April cruise. Our TA later received correspondence from Princess denying our claim for the flights on the basis that we should have been entitled to a credit voucher from Virgin which incidentally was useless to us due to the fact that the company had gone bust and it was likely that we would never fly with them again. Our TA suggested that she contact Virgin and obtain a letter to pass on to Princess stating that we didn't want a credit voucher and that we wanted a refund for the cost of the flights. I got an email from our TA last week stating that they were still waiting on a response from Princess regarding our claim and would let me know of the outcome as more information comes to hand.

The amount of the flights was not a lot of money and I am resigned to the fact that I will just have to write the amount off.

In respect to our TA IMO she has gone above and beyond what I would expect and has done a great job in dealing with the refunds involved with the cancellation of the April and September cruises.

Cheers

We received a refund from Virgin for our flight from Sydney to Melbourne in June. It was a non-refundable flight. We assumed we wouldn’t receive anything and at best a credit note. We were pleasantly surprised to receive a refund. 

Leigh

7 minutes ago, possum52 said:

We received a refund from Virgin for our flight from Sydney to Melbourne in June. It was a non-refundable flight. We assumed we wouldn’t receive anything and at best a credit note. We were pleasantly surprised to receive a refund. 

Leigh

Well done 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

Well done 

Edited by Elorac123
Double post

Today I called Princess got straight through and was told my case was still open and to be patient !!! What else can I do ? My patience has run out long ago but seems I will have to dig deep for some more,”grimace”

😱😱🛳🛳

Cheers Carole 

2 hours ago, ozziepost said:

Good to hear that your TA has done a great job dealing with your refunds.

On 8/30/2020 at 5:48 PM, Elorac123 said:

Okay ,now I am really annoyed As it has been 6 full months since we filled out the form for our out of pocket expenses being for

taxi to airport and our fares back to Brisbane from Perth,Also  I claimed For our Singapore to Brisbane fares as we could not contact Qantas to change our original flight to a new one I might add I wasted hours on the phone and missed Adelaide altogether in a travel agents so not able to see much.

I have made several calls, emails and last contact was 6 weeks ago when they asked me to supply proof of cancelation of the Singapore Brisbane flight and also the refusal of insurance to pay out the fare (I didn’t bother with insurance claim as was told due to COVID-19 it would not be considered)

So 6 weeks ago I told them exactly that and supplied my proof of cancelation

(which was in fact the whole fare ) and have heard nothing since.

I believe I have been more than patient and wondering if anyone else is still waiting for out of pocket expenses or can give any advice as how to contact a Princess higher management.

Cheers Carole

We were on the same Majestic cruise and lodged our claim for out of pocket expenses in March. We received notification from Princess with a claim reference number in April. Since then we have heard nothing same as you. We did receive separate cheques a month ago for small amounts with no covering explanation which we can only assume was a refund of taxes and unused port fees. Looks like you have had no result despite many attempts to sort it out with Princess. I will now probably continue to wait patiently. Please post again if your claim does get processed.

8 minutes ago, NeilonBoard said:

We were on the same Majestic cruise and lodged our claim for out of pocket expenses in March. We received notification from Princess with a claim reference number in April. Since then we have heard nothing same as you. We did receive separate cheques a month ago for small amounts with no covering explanation which we can only assume was a refund of taxes and unused port fees. Looks like you have had no result despite many attempts to sort it out with Princess. I will now probably continue to wait patiently. Please post again if your claim does get processed.

They seem to be doing it all in some kind of order ,not person by person.

A lot of people on another platform are asking the same questions so all we can do is wait and hope they don’t go bankrupt.

Cheers Carole

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 6:00 PM, Elorac123 said:

They seem to be doing it all in some kind of order ,not person by person.

A lot of people on another platform are asking the same questions so all we can do is wait and hope they don’t go bankrupt.

Cheers Carole

We finally received a cheque today for the Majestic Princess cruise from February that we were owed.   I also cancelled our next January cruise to NZ because I don't think the borders will be open, especially to Victorians.   I was told I would receive a return of the money in 2 days for the deposit I paid back in March, really?   My 'Goodwill Voucher' from the Majestic cruise (because I didn't even go Melb/Perth) was extended to May 2022 - what the?  

Yes, I am getting ready to book 2 cruises for the 21/22 season with Princess and hopefully we will be vaccinated in the 2nd half of next year.   I won't need to part with any money to book the cruises as I will have the Goodwill Voucher and a FCC.  So we are happy.

I don't agree that people won't cruise due to possible price increases.

22 minutes ago, Rassa said:

We finally received a cheque today for the Majestic Princess cruise from February that we were owed.   I also cancelled our next January cruise to NZ because I don't think the borders will be open, especially to Victorians.   I was told I would receive a return of the money in 2 days for the deposit I paid back in March, really?   My 'Goodwill Voucher' from the Majestic cruise (because I didn't even go Melb/Perth) was extended to May 2022 - what the?  

Yes, I am getting ready to book 2 cruises for the 21/22 season with Princess and hopefully we will be vaccinated in the 2nd half of next year.   I won't need to part with any money to book the cruises as I will have the Goodwill Voucher and a FCC.  So we are happy.

Good stuff, now you can do the cheque dance instead of the doco dance.  Some fOlk wont cruise if they cannot afford the higher prices.

Edited by NSWP

30 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Good stuff, now you can do the cheque dance instead of the doco dance.  Some fOlk wont cruise if they cannot afford the higher prices.

My DH has always been a bit of a scrooge and I say no more.  OK the prices are a little higher and why leave it to the kids, they are going to just race out and buy fancy cars when we kick the bucket, so I say spend, spend and spend!

1 hour ago, Rassa said:

That’s the way Rassa, I will probably cancel my March 21 Northern Explorer unless Princess cancel first, my TA knows the cabin I want when the New Zealand Feb 22 is released in a couple of weeks with a couple of FCD  so no money spent,(still waiting for out of pocket )hopefully things will be better by then.

Cheers Carole

3 hours ago, Rassa said:

My DH has always been a bit of a scrooge and I say no more.  OK the prices are a little higher and why leave it to the kids, they are going to just race out and buy fancy cars when we kick the bucket, so I say spend, spend and spend!

SKI, done that since I retired in 2003, aged 55, done 20 odd cruises world wide and land travel, I added it all up and had chest pains, could have bought a couple of Winnebagos, but my late wife and I enjoyed it all, so glad she got the opportunity.

Edited by NSWP

On 9/7/2020 at 7:12 PM, NSWP said:

SKI, done that since I retired in 2003, aged 55, done 20 odd cruises world wide and land travel, I added it all up and had chest pains, could have bought a couple of Winnebagos, but my late wife and I enjoyed it all, so glad she got the opportunity.

I'm so glad I've travelled all my adult life.  I travelled overseas for a whole year twice, on leave without pay, pulling the girls out of school once.   I never dreamt there would come a time when I couldn't travel, due to a pandemic.  

On 9/7/2020 at 3:36 PM, Rassa said:

why leave it to the kids, they are going to just race out and buy fancy cars when we kick the bucket, so I say spend, spend and spend!

Do you really think that's what they'll do? My parents were SKIS (to the extreme) so I have the opposite view.I want to pass on as much as I can. 

5 hours ago, christodan said:

Do you really think that's what they'll do? My parents were SKIS (to the extreme) so I have the opposite view.I want to pass on as much as I can. 

My experience is children who get too much too easily don't learn to be resilient and make their own money and way in the world.  

7 hours ago, christodan said:

My husband is more like you and I can say that we are not SKIS.   We both are just retired (way over retirement age) because we both enjoyed working.   The kids joke with us about the fancy cars and good luck to them.   DH would book an inside cabin regardless of how much he has, but I think we are healthy and have a number of good years ahead of us that way, so lets go for the middle of the range with things we buy and enjoy, rather than wish we had done that when we are less mobile and unwell.

7 minutes ago, Rassa said:

My husband is more like you and I can say that we are not SKIS.   We both are just retired (way over retirement age) because we both enjoyed working.   The kids joke with us about the fancy cars and good luck to them.   DH would book an inside cabin regardless of how much he has, but I think we are healthy and have a number of good years ahead of us that way, so lets go for the middle of the range with things we buy and enjoy, rather than wish we had done that when we are less mobile and unwell.

When I was first married, I was surrounded by elderly neighbours (10) and they advised us we were wise to travel whilst we were young.  For a variety of reasons they weren't able to travel after they retired, after a lifetime of work.

11 minutes ago, Rassa said:

DH would book an inside cabin regardless of how much he has,

Your husband does sound like me. I am so used to trying to get the best value and save so much, that I don't think I could spend more than I need to, even if I could easily afford it.

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

My experience is children who get too much too easily don't learn to be resilient and make their own money and way in the world.  

Oh that's true too. But you can definitely do both - help them ( a bit later in life)  but not spoil them. I see how my MIL is pretty frugal but at the same time enjoys an inside cabin cruise every year. My parents on the other hand would do everything first class and be very extravagant. My MIL helped us when her mother died and I would like to pass it forward  to my kids when she dies. 

Well I'll just as add this here as the topic is about refunds. I just got my $2000 deposit back from P & O just two weeks after they cancelled my November cruise.   That makes me feel loyal towards them although I have never done a P & O cruise before. Good PR that is.

• Like 1