There's No Point to Temperature Checks for Cruising - They are Useless

donaldsc

On 7/10/2020 at 5:35 AM, Joebucks said:

You could very well be right.

I'm just curious what data we're looking for that we don't already have in a half of a year. Seems like just more panic than anything. People are losing their mind because we are finding more people positive as compared to times when we had little to no testing. All the while we're finding people were asymptomatic and have been all of this time and no more people are dying.

Because early testing wasn't readily available, only those in need or in a priority group were tested.  The results did not reflect what was happening with the general population.   It has not been until relatively recently that testing of the general population was possible.    I would hope no one was really surprised to find a higher count of positives or that with more widespread testing the death rate is lower.   The issue isn't that there are more positives or even that the percent of positives is higher.    The concern in many places is that percent of positives is increasing.   There will be a lag before we see how deaths trend.  I'm hoping that rate does not increase.   

The rate of positives in my state has gone up but those in a couple of our neighboring states are even worse.    And of course there are those who will travel & bring the problem to other areas because they feel they are exempt.   I personally would like to close our borders to Nevada and Arizona until they get their acts together.   

• Like 1

The wife of my friend who died from Covid 19 in April tested positive for Covid later that month.She was told to self quarantine which she did .She had frequent temperature checks and has been told  the readings were normal. The only time she has left the house in the past 3 months was for grocery shopping .Yesterday she called me and said she feels very sick,the same way she did in April.

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

The wife of my friend who died from Covid 19 in April tested positive for Covid later that month.She was told to self quarantine which she did .She had frequent temperature checks and has been told  the readings were normal. The only time she has left the house in the past 3 months was for grocery shopping .Yesterday she called me and said she feels very sick,the same way she did in April.

Condolences to your friend😔

@lenquixote66 There have been some articles about some patients who have had COVID symptoms for many weeks longer than the usual course, some even for several months, ranging from mild to severe. Not all tested positive, but doctors are stymied trying to figure out what sets these patients apart. There are also some who, like your friend, are re-experiencing symptoms.

They have even formed a FB group as they share histories and treatment ideas. They are called "long-haulers".

Maybe your friend is aware of this but if not, this link talks about this phenomenon, which is yet another frightening twist to this nightmare.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/what-it-means-to-be-a-coronavirus-long-hauler/

2 hours ago, mayleeman said:

@lenquixote66 There have been some articles about some patients who have had COVID symptoms for many weeks longer than the usual course, some even for several months, ranging from mild to severe. Not all tested positive, but doctors are stymied trying to figure out what sets these patients apart. There are also some who, like your friend, are re-experiencing symptoms.

They have even formed a FB group as they share histories and treatment ideas. They are called "long-haulers".

Maybe your friend is aware of this but if not, this link talks about this phenomenon, which is yet another frightening twist to this nightmare.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/what-it-means-to-be-a-coronavirus-long-hauler/

My late friend and his wife never owned computers ,cell phones or anything else that one could use to research and likely were/are not aware of this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...