Which port/ports for embarkation do you think NCL will use for their restart into cruising?

fstuff1

ncl has said 3 ships initially when they start cruising again, whenever that will be.

im thinking for logistics reasons, all 3 will be from the same port.

you can more easily move crew to needed positions.

so miami?

1 ship for sat,  and 2 ships for sun departures. (or vice versa)

whats your thought for initial port/ports?

edit:

fixed port to miami from ft lauderdale...opps

Edited by fstuff1

9 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

ncl has said 3 ships initially when they start cruising again, whenever that will be.

im thinking for logistics reasons, all 3 will be from the same port.

you can more easily move crew to needed positions.

so ft lauderdale?

1 ship for sat,  and 2 ships for sun departures. (or vice versa)

whats your thought for initial port/ports?

NCL does not sail out of Fort Lauderdale. I’m sure Miami will be at the top of the list whenever sailings resume.

I believe New York will be one of the first ports accepting cruise ships, especially NCL. I know many will disagree with me, and we will just have to agree to disagree, but, will be interesting indeed to see. 

Edited by romalley99
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, romalley99 said:

I believe New York will be one of the first ports accepting cruise ships, especially NCL. I know many will disagree with me, and we will just have to agree to disagree, but, will be interesting indeed to see. 

i agree with New York and will sail on the ship if it does happen. too bad my September cruise will be canceled due to Canada closing the border.

the only issue with New York is that is limited to one or two itinerarys and that is the Florida - Bahamas, and maybe Bermuda depending on if they are accepting ships

15 minutes ago, romalley99 said:

to maximize, then both NY ships will probably be used.

what's your thought for the other port for the 3rd ship?

or do you think ncl will bring a 3rd ship to ny and do the same 1 ship departs sat, 2 on sun?

Edited by fstuff1

Miami gives the greatest flexibility for itineraries, and the open ports are probably the most in range for Miami.

It seems Mexico is open to cruisers soon, maybe a Mexican Riviera itinerary out of LA to give people on the West Coast an opportunity to cruise without cross-country flights?

1 hour ago, hallux said:

Miami gives the greatest flexibility for itineraries, and the open ports are probably the most in range for Miami.

It seems Mexico is open to cruisers soon, maybe a Mexican Riviera itinerary out of LA to give people on the West Coast an opportunity to cruise without cross-country flights?

makes sense but the bliss never made it from ny to west coast in april because pandemic.

(with the leaked schedule, the initial ships are sky, bliss, and encore.)

so doubtful the bliss will be sailing out of LA this oct.

unless they are going to spend $$$ sailing a megaship with no paying passengers thru the new panama locks? (doubtful)

my updated guess at the ports are:

miami: sky and bliss

ny: Encore

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pcakes122 said:

Based on the leaked schedule, there will not be three ships at one time.  There was 1 at the end of September, 4 in October, 4 in November, 4 in December, 2 in January and 2 in February.

Do you have any more info on this leaked schedule?  Thank you! 

29 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Miami makes the most sense to me.  I think the easiest ports to visit will be Harvest Caye and GSC.

yeah, im thinking encore (ny) to burmuda.

miami:

sky doing the gsc/bahamas run.

bliss doing the belize(harvest caye)/eastern mexico run

3 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

to maximize, then both NY ships will probably be used.

what's your thought for the other port for the 3rd ship?

or do you think ncl will bring a 3rd ship to ny and do the same 1 ship departs sat, 2 on sun?

Nah, I think it will be one ship from NY... Encore. To Bermuda? Not sure, but there are other options to consider. 

I'm so shocked to see some folks agreeing with me. I had my battle uniform on for the comments I thought I would get. I've been saying NYC since April and literally everyone bashed and said no way.... well, things are changing indeed. Other than New York, I think we can expect Miami and Port Canaveral. Of course, the Sun from PC and Sky from Miami. Will there be another ship in Miami? Who knows, but I think those are the 3 we can expect at first startup. 

1 hour ago, realnice46 said:

Our cruise not listed, we were on 13 night Breakaway November 9, but they have Breakaway listed for November 17. Makes no sense.

It does if you consider these dates might be crew reporting dates not actual cruise dates.  For the Jewel the date on the list is 2/21 which is 6 days prior to the now officially announced 2/27 relaunch.  If you apply the same logic to the Breakaway, the actual cruise relaunch based on the file date could be the 11/22 Western Caribbean sailing.

7 hours ago, pcakes122 said:

Based on the leaked schedule, there will not be three ships at one time.  There was 1 at the end of September, 4 in October, 4 in November, 4 in December, 2 in January and 2 in February.

Leaked …. I do not think it was  a leak it. In the industry it is known as soft advertising. Anyone who thinks it was a not deliberate? 

Its clever and  its real. It matches with information we have form crew who are simply not available at present. sorry Seaman 1 or Navyskip it is late September  as most people have told you.

Edited by bmwman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bmwman said:

Leaked …. I do not think it was  a leak it. In the industry it is known as soft advertising. Anyone who thinks it was a not deliberate? 

Its clever and  its real. It matches with information we have form crew who are simply not available at present. sorry Seaman 1 or Navyskip it is late September  as most people have told you.

I think he has all his eggs in 1 basket ----- Carnival starting Aug. 1st.  I don't see 1 cruise line starting before another. You can bet if 1 sails all 3 ( NCL, RCI and Carnival ) will pull anchor same time.

Too competitive of an industry for 1 to try to get the head start.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

makes sense but the bliss never made it from ny to west coast in april because pandemic.

(with the leaked schedule, the initial ships are sky, bliss, and encore.)

so doubtful the bliss will be sailing out of LA this oct.

unless they are going to spend $$$ sailing a megaship with no paying passengers thru the new panama locks? (doubtful)

my updated guess at the ports are:

miami: sky and bliss

ny: Encore

I totally concur on Miami. Previously mentioned was New York. I totally disagree with New York because Canada and Bermuda are locked down tight until 2021. 

40 minutes ago, pinkie60 said:

I totally concur on Miami. Previously mentioned was New York.

I totally disagree with New York because Canada and Bermuda are locked down tight until 2021. 

link to bermuda closed till 2021?

7 hours ago, pinkie60 said:

I totally concur on Miami. Previously mentioned was New York. I totally disagree with New York because Canada and Bermuda are locked down tight until 2021. 

Not sure where you got that from but it's not true. Canada is closed til Oct 2020... and Bermuda until they hit Phase 4, which certainly will not be in 2021.