Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

I think I’ve gotten more enjoyment from following this thread than actually doing the PUPs. However, thanks to the PUPs, I was just one upcoming B2B cruise away from Elite Plus. 

But, thanks to the new status matching, and being Diamond Plus at Royal, I’ve now been matched to Elite Plus. I think about all the time I spent on all these PUP tasks, maintaining a spreadsheet to track my PUPs, and reading 9350 posts on this thread. All for an extra bag of laundry and 300 extra minutes of internet. 

Now I know I shouldn’t keep doing the PUPs, and following this thread, because it’s a long way to Zenith, But, I know I can’t help myself. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

6 hours ago, rakes5 said:

Now I know I shouldn’t keep doing the PUPs, and following this thread, because it’s a long way to Zenith, But, I know I can’t help myself. 

Me too, but after all the hassle of getting my points this time, I’ve had enough.

This is the response that I got to my query, because my points haven’t updated:

“Hi Jackie, i can see 883 points when i look at your loyalty. To update the website please log in and remove your loyalty number and save the changes. if you then log back in and re add your number it will update to show your full 883 points.”

Well, I’ve tried, but I can’t log on to CelebrityCruises web site.🙈

I get a message to say “Bad request.”

What has happened to Celebrity I.T.

It’s always had a bad reputation, but this is beyond a joke.

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Me too, but after all the hassle of getting my points this time, I’ve had enough.

This is the response that I got to my query, because my points haven’t updated:

“Hi Jackie, i can see 883 points when i look at your loyalty. To update the website please log in and remove your loyalty number and save the changes. if you then log back in and re add your number it will update to show your full 883 points.”

Well, I’ve tried, but I can’t log on to CelebrityCruises web site.🙈

I get a message to say “Bad request.”

What has happened to Celebrity I.T.

It’s always had a bad reputation, but this is beyond a joke.

Sadly the "bad request", "header too long", etc messages have been around for quite some time.

To correct, clear your cache and try again. Fingers crossed that this will finally get your issue resolved! Let us know!

1 hour ago, CaroleSS said:

Sadly the "bad request", "header too long", etc messages have been around for quite some time.

To correct, clear your cache and try again. Fingers crossed that this will finally get your issue resolved! Let us know!

Without doing anything, I managed to sign in this afternoon.

But now I have another problem , how to I remove my loyalty number ?

9 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

LOL that's a good question! After reading your previous post, I decided to try it to see if that could fix my problem. I signed in, went to profile, then loyalty and deleted my number. I signed out and closed my browser. Then I signed back in and my captains club number was there. Both were done using an Incognito window, so cookies and cache weren't the problem.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Well, now there is a poser! As @Luvcrusn did, I went to my profile => My loyalty and tried to delete my CC#. I tried blanking it out as well as using the x in the field, but neither allowed me to save my changes. Entering a bogus number resulted in an error message. Not sure how they expect you to do that!

It might resolve itself on July 15. You can try futzing with it for 3 weeks or just plan on seeing them after then and rattling a few cages if you don't.

You might try messaging X on the F-word page. Sometimes they have more authority than the folk that answer the phones.

update: well somehow I've managed to delete my CC number! Guess saving works even though it says it didn't! Sooo, I went back to my settings and sure enough, the number was gone. I typed it back in, saved and I'm back in business.

Edited by CaroleSS

i’m not sure if this will help anyone having a hard time logging into the Celebrity site, but I get that every now and then, and usually when I go into my cookies and remove the cookie only for Celebrity, it seems to be OK once I log back in. That has nothing to do with how many points I do or don’t have, but when I get those error messages, it sometimes solves the problem. I have a Mac, whatever that’s worth.

• Thanks 1

I was all set to call Celebrity tomorrow and try to get my 3 missing points, although I didn't take a screenshot at the end of the video because I never needed it before, so I have no concrete proof.

I checked my points this evening, and suddenly have the three points.

So, for all of you who have had a problem getting the Galapagos 3 - check again, the points may have been miraculously added.

And if Celebrity IT reran something due to all of the calls to Captains Club - thank you to everyone who took the time and effort to complain 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rotoal said:

I was all set to call Celebrity tomorrow and try to get my 3 missing points, although I didn't take a screenshot at the end of the video because I never needed it before, so I have no concrete proof.

So, for all of you who have had a problem getting the Galapagos 3 - check again, the points may have been miraculously added.

And if Celebrity IT reran something due to all of the calls to Captains Club - thank you to everyone who took the time and effort to complain 

Thank you for posting this. It prompted me to look again and, like you, I found the points had magically appeared.

I had a message from Celebrity earlier today that said they confirmed with my screenshot I had watched the webinar and my points would be added on July 15th.  After seeing these recent messages I went and looked and sure enough my 3 points are now added in.  Thanks for the comment!

4 hours ago, rotoal said:

Thank you for posting! Mine are there too!!!

I almost wonder if the problem was so widespread this time they gave them to everyone.

• Like 1

Our points...mine, completely MIA. DH still showing the activity in his history but not added to the total.  This is baffling since I registered from the email sent by X to me that included my Captains Club number and then I added his Captains Club number as a family member that would be watching with me. 

I emailed cxc@celebrity.com this past Wednesday about the missing Galapagos PUP's and they got back to me this morning saying they are now in my account.  And yes they were.  I had checked last night and they weren't.  

Anyways, yeah, I wouldn't doubt there might have been an issue that impacted a bunch of people this time.  Who knows how sketchy the process is to reconcile 3 points to the thousands of submitted CC account numbers?  😀

5 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

FWIW, mine showed up.  I did notice a point missing from a prior survey, so not sure if that will show up later or not.

I would not count on it unless you have contact them about it. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 5:52 PM, Luvcrusn said:

LOL that's a good question! After reading your previous post, I decided to try it to see if that could fix my problem. I signed in, went to profile, then loyalty and deleted my number. I signed out and closed my browser. Then I signed back in and my captains club number was there. Both were done using an Incognito window, so cookies and cache weren't the problem.

For me what worked:

-go to loyalty

-delete the number with the X button

-DO NOT SAVE. IT DOESN'T WORK

-retype/paste the cc number

-save

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, elbarney said:

For me what worked:

-go to loyalty

-delete the number with the X button

-DO NOT SAVE. IT DOESN'T WORK

-retype/paste the cc number

-save

Did that....still nothing for me. DH's PUP history still shows the activity but the points are still not reflected in the total.

On 6/16/2024 at 10:19 AM, Tharkhold said:

Still no points for me or better half.

I just sent an email with our details to cxc@celebrity.com. Lost the screenshot (likely deleted it thinking it was another screenshot for something else), but I had the date/time we watched it, so here's hoping that works!

Just an update for my situation.

The points appeared on or about Jun 22nd, and given that other folks have also gotten points at roughly the same time, I don't know if this is the result of my email to celebrity or just a wider system update.

I did not get any email reply/confirmation/etc from Celebrity, so whatever happened to resolve the issue was 'automatic'.

Edited by Tharkhold

The Captains Club rep I spoke with on one of my 5 phone calls mentioned the 22nd as a date that I had to wait until to see the points updated. Sadly, mine are still MIA and although DH's account still shows the activity (mine doesn't), the points total hasn't been adjusted upwards by 3. I have called, emailed (gotten a confirmation that my email was received) and contacted X through the social media site...as of just now, still nothing. They have had me jumping through ever moving hoops. Delete CC # sign out and re-enter, sign out of the app and uninstall, re-install etc. They have received multiple copies of my screenshots.  Either the points show or not, there's nothing more I'm willing to do. Good to see that some people have gotten results.

Edited by Luvcrusn