Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

20 hours ago, PKCruiser66 said:

Nothing posted in 18 days.. All y'all must be dying wondering when the next PUP opportunity is..... I won't start any rumors but..... ok my magic 8 ball broke so I have no idea.... 

I get all excited when I see a notification that there are new posts in this thread, thinking there may be some new PUP activity, and it's just this....  😢 

j/k

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, GimmeOcean said:

I get all excited when I see a notification that there are new posts in this thread, thinking there may be some new PUP activity, and it's just this....  😢 

j/k

I guess we need a separate PUP thread devoted to opining and whining.  Should such a thread be created, it will quickly grow larger than the PUP thread itself.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Should such a thread be created, it will quickly grow larger than the PUP thread itself.

I don't know. I think people will continue posting here, maybe double-posting to both threads.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

I don't know. I think people will continue posting here, maybe double-posting to both threads.

My point was simply an editorial on the number of whining and opining posts there are.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Sunny Pearl said:

I think we should have been offed at least 1 PUP for posting on the Thread with

Q&A with Laura Hodges Bethge, President Celebrity Cruises.

She only lasted a couple of pages.

She does have until July 26 to answer the question 😉

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GimmeOcean said:

j/k

New pup opportunity….j/k.😜

• Haha 4

Yes, I do take into account the cruise line’s loyalty program when choosing a cruise line. PUP has kept me interested and engaged in Celebrity bc I enjoy learning about new destinations and ships in the PUP activities. I do worry the new CEO is adding things from RCL into Celebrity. It has taken some adjustment to get used to the website changes that were made that mimic RCL. PUP is something RCL has that other cruise lines do not. I felt Celebrity handled the pandemic better that HAL and Princess and I’m really glad that I began these fun quizzes and zoom meetings then but Laura is slacking a bit on PUP and customer engagement. It’s almost August and we’ve been given crumbs. Way more likely to engage in and participate in a public activity that I am to read a monthly newsletter. Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

PUP is something RCL has that other cruise lines do not.

RCG (not RCL) doesn't have a PUPs program for RCI or Silversea cruise lines. The PUPs program is only a Celebrity CC program.  

10 minutes ago, doghog said:

RCG (not RCL) doesn't have a PUPs program for RCI or Silversea cruise lines. The PUPs program is only a Celebrity CC program.  

Yes, that was a typo. I meant *Celebrity has a PUP program where other cruise lines do not. Thank you for catching. 

• Like 1

Sadly I think management is about to end PUPS- bookings are way up / despite increased pricing and cutbacks.

I certainly hope we will have a few more opportunities to earn PUPS!!!!!! 

2 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

So, you are putting your hopes on the accuracy of the website and the IT Team?

I believe PUPs are a marketing campaign. It will end someday but until they take it off the website I think it is has not ended. I would not make any predictions as to whether it is about to end or not. In the past when that prediction was made a PUP opportunity popped up…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I believe PUPs are a marketing campaign. It will end someday but until they take it off the website I think it is has not ended. I would not make any predictions as to whether it is about to end or not. In the past when that prediction was made a PUP opportunity popped up…

@ExArkie and I have done our part. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, luv4cruises said:

Sadly I think management is about to end PUPS- bookings are way up / despite increased pricing and cutbacks.

I certainly hope we will have a few more opportunities to earn PUPS!!!!!! 

I predict that it will not end however PUPS awarded for each event will be less than normal (ie 10 PUPS or 1 club point)

Edited by Cruise till you drop