Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

On 1/4/2023 at 6:09 PM, Silent Penguin said:

Thanks. It figures.  The email I trashed had the answer to my question.  

Follow up to my post of December 21st. Another 20 missing points have been added from a solo 10 night sailing of November 2021.  40 points to Elite plus; considering taking a short cruise to make up the shortfall prior to my 15 night TA in April.  As I didn't purchase the AI the additional wifi discount will be nice as well as 2 bags of laundry. 

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Follow up to my post of December 21st. Another 20 missing points have been added from a solo 10 night sailing of November 2021.  40 points to Elite plus; considering taking a short cruise to make up the shortfall prior to my 15 night TA in April.  As I didn't purchase the AI the additional wifi discount will be nice as well as 2 bags of laundry. 

Wouldn't paying a tiny bit more for these on the TA cost a whole lot less than an additional cruise?

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Don't forget the complimentary beverages (coffees).

47 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Wouldn't paying a tiny bit more for these on the TA cost a whole lot less than an additional cruise?

Yes it would but then I can justify another vacation.  I see some fairly inexpensive 7 night cruises for March. Just a thought. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Don't forget the complimentary beverages (coffees).

Oh yes forgot about that plus the 240 streaming wifi  I was on the phone early this morning with captains club the young lady was so knowledgeable she has actually worked at GR on most of the S class ships.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I was on the phone early this morning with captains club the young lady was so knowledgeable she has actually worked at GR on most of the S class ships.  

Nice that you were talking to someone with field experience.  I wish that they would rotate people through like that.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Nice that you were talking to someone with field experience.  I wish that they would rotate people through like that.

I was thinking the same thing. That would be the natural progression of these positions. First the ship to learn the onboard customer service side of things and then transition to an office position.

1 hour ago, Salt Lifer said:

. considering taking a short cruise to make up the shortfall prior to my 15 night TA in April. ...

Frequent Fliers looking for status call this (on planes) a "mileage run".  DH and I took a short Eastern Caribbean cruise on Azamara in December 2022 for such a purpose.  It moved us up one level on both Celebrity and Azamara, plus it protected our Azamara status against the separation coming in February and it was a whole lot more fun than paying extra for unearned benefits on our next long cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I was thinking the same thing. That would be the natural progression of these positions. First the ship to learn the onboard customer service side of things and then transition to an office position.

She was excellent probably the best from the engagement centre I've spoken with.  I received an email with immediate confirmation of the missing points and I see my captains circle account has been updated.  She also knew a lot about various costs of wifi, upgrades and discounts so I knew she had a lot of experience.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I am Elite Plus. Have been for years. There is nothing that at that level you get that makes it worth booking a cruise to get to that level. It is minimal. Not like the step up to Elite. 

Just now, Charles4515 said:

I am Elite Plus. Have been for years. There is nothing that at that level you get that makes it worth booking a cruise to get to that level. It is minimal. Not like the step up to Elite. 

Yes I realize the discount between Elite and plus is negligible and streaming wifi is 240 minutes which I would use up before  purchasing a package. Its a long cruise with many sea days.  I think 10 in total. 

6 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

If the non-AI rate, free coffees would be the biggest perk 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

Yes I realize the discount between Elite and plus is negligible and streaming wifi is 240 minutes which I would use up before  purchasing a package. Its a long cruise with many sea days.  I think 10 in total. 

For a 10 day or more cruise I would just buy an unlimited package. I have done the 240 minutes and the 90 minutes which I got when Elite and got by on 7 day cruise because there was always 3 port days so I was not using minutes. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If the non-AI rate, free coffees would be the biggest perk 

Free coffee and free bottled water. Been there and done that but if someone books a cruise for the shortfall there is the cost of the cruise and the cost of airfare unless you live in the home port area. Also the cost of a pre cruise hotel. I can’t see coming out ahead. I have been 4 points short of Diamond Plus on RCI for 3 years but not going to book just to get it. I wish Royal had done something like PUP. LOL. 

Edited by Charles4515

19 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Free coffee and free bottled water. Been there and done that but if someone books a cruise for the shortfall there is the cost of the cruise and the cost of airfare unless you live in the home port area. Also the cost of a pre cruise hotel. I can’t see coming out ahead. I have been 4 points short of Diamond Plus on RCI for 3 years but not going to book just to get it. I wish Royal had done something like PUP. LOL. 

Makes sense. I don't drink specialty coffees apart from the Aspen coffee but that's not free. Like the sparkling water but I can live without it.  Best deal is the 240 minutes of premium wifi, 35% off internet and 2 bags of laundry which I may use as will be away 18 nights in total.  

One would think RCI would have given you those 4 points to get to Diamond plus. How miserable of them. 

16 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

One would think RCI would have given you those 4 points to get to Diamond plus. How miserable of them. 

I don't look at it that way. I don't expect them to give it to me or that it is miserable of them. I am pretty surprised that Celebrity has been giving away points and for so long. I

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I don't look at it that way. I don't expect them to give it to me or that it is miserable of them. I am pretty surprised that Celebrity has been giving away points and for so long. I

With so many recent cutbacks they could very well do away with PUP's.  As mentioned 40 points short to Elite plus and I know there won't be enough activities to get them by my April TA.  The thing is when I got them in the past I ignored the majority of activities except for this last webinar.  Silly me. 

Is it possible to get this thread back to the topic of power up points?  There is a lot of thread drift going on and anyone who wants to learn about power up points would appreciate staying on topic if possible

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3