NO REFUND NO FUTURE CRUISE

11 minutes ago, thefog said:

Canceled Mar.10th for my may.7th cruise to Hawaii and told me it would credit to my CC  in 30 days.

Not sure if you cancelled or RC did. My May cruise was cancelled but was not processed in RC’s system as being cancelled until several days after the cruise should have taken place. 

Im currently being told refunds are being processed approx 45 days after cruise was cancelled in their system (not actual sail date).

(I’m not making excuses just advising per the latest info they have provided me.)

(if its it’s any consolation a competitor is quoting me 5 months to refund an excursion I cancelled in March so I have had to file a cc dispute on that one)

Edited by Spurschick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I guess I am in the minority because it only took 24 days to get a refund.

I also got a quick, (less than 30 days), refund, but I disputed the amount with Amex.  I have no idea if that was why, but it certainly didn't do any harm.

I've been shorted about $160 on my refunds on 3 cruises, which I cancelled in March. The refunds came in approximately 15 different, oddball amounts and separate payments on my CC. I've had to send my credit card statement to my TA, high lighting the amounts and totals, and that they do not match the exact invoices and what I had paid. I'm almost 3 months in.

Sorry RCL loyalists... and I'm one of them.... this is inexcusable. As a sole proprietor contractor, if I did this to my loyal customers I'd be roasted at the stake in social media and almost immediately out of business.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, thefog said:

Why would i book another cruise when they still owe me thousands .90 days still waiting .

Have you emailed various rcl contacts including mr Bayley?  Was this thru a TA or you booked direct?  

Did you request chargeback on credit card?

Just curious what steps you have taken.

I have had 4 cruises cancelled and received all of my refunds and fccs in 2 to 3 weeks at most.  

I keep wondering why others are taking so much longer than mine.  

10 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

I've been shorted about $160 on my refunds on 3 cruises, which I cancelled in March. The refunds came in approximately 15 different, oddball amounts and separate payments on my CC. I've had to send my credit card statement to my TA, high lighting the amounts and totals, and that they do not match the exact invoices and what I had paid. I'm almost 3 months in.

Sorry RCL loyalists... and I'm one of them.... this is inexcusable. As a sole proprietor contractor, if I did this to my loyal customers I'd be roasted at the stake in social media and almost immediately out of business.

Hoopster, let me put it in perspective for you:  if you employed 50 tradesmen and had some contracting jobs that for some disaster you had to take care of repair work that required the help of 500 tradesmen, what would you do?  You'd hire as many additional tradesmen as you could (probably accepting some that were below par) and try to make things right.  That's exactly what the accounting departments of all the cruise lines are going through.  What they previously handled with a relatively small staff has become enormous.  So they're working short staffed, additional temps that aren't fully trained due to the circumstances, and a continually increasing number of transactions to complete based on cancellations and re-bookings, etc, etc, etc.  All travel companies, not just cruise lines, are having this problem to some extent.  Just chill, things will get better.

• Like 1

My cruise was cancelled on May 20 for July 24.  IF you read the notice at the top of your reservation, it does give you dates to expect your refunds depending on when your cruise was.  However, reading the hundreds of comments on most people not receiving their refunds in months and months time.  My refund is due "by" June 30.  So lets see how long it really takes.  Am I reading correctly...If you have an FCC to use, you cannot use the money to pay in full towards your new cruise?  So if I am booking a new cruise, at the same or less cost as my FCC, I still have to pay a cash deposit, even though the cost would be covered.  I get it, I can't imagine refunding thousands and thousands of credit to hundreds and hundreds of banks in hundreds of countries.  It will take time, but.......

2 hours ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Hoopster, let me put it in perspective for you:  if you employed 50 tradesmen and had some contracting jobs that for some disaster you had to take care of repair work that required the help of 500 tradesmen, what would you do?  You'd hire as many additional tradesmen as you could (probably accepting some that were below par) and try to make things right.  That's exactly what the accounting departments of all the cruise lines are going through.  What they previously handled with a relatively small staff has become enormous.  So they're working short staffed, additional temps that aren't fully trained due to the circumstances, and a continually increasing number of transactions to complete based on cancellations and re-bookings, etc, etc, etc.  All travel companies, not just cruise lines, are having this problem to some extent.  Just chill, things will get better.

Thank you... a very respectful answer. I do understand this fully and it's a good analogy. However I still don't buy it.

I called Marriott/Bonvoy the same day I cancelled my RCL cruises and had the full refund without any errors was back on my credit card in 5 days... in one full easy to understand amount that matched exactly my invoice, not 5 different small unrecognizable amounts on different dates.

My RBCRewards TA also had an email option to cancel my Air Canada flights in order to get my credit for a future flight... I clicked the button and cancelled my flights without speaking to anyone. My flight voucher was emailed to me in 2 days.

Again, one amount, correct and in full, no 5 separate amounts that don't add up to my initial invoice.

This is the truth... I can post my date stamped emails if you wish. The cruise lines are culpable here, no excuses in my sincere opinion.

1 minute ago, Hoopster95 said:

I called Marriott/Bonvoy the same day I cancelled my RCL cruises and had the full refund without any errors was back on my credit card in 5 days... in one full easy to understand amount that matched exactly my invoice, not 5 different small unrecognizable amounts on different dates.

Many refund threads already 🐎🤺 this issue and has been known from well before COVID - RCI does not have systems in place to process refunds quickly nor in one single amount. Just like their IT, RCI is not interested in spending money on improving a system which makes them no money.

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Many refund threads already 🐎🤺 this issue and has been known from well before COVID - RCI does not have systems in place to process refunds quickly nor in one single amount. Just like their IT, RCI is not interested in spending money on improving a system which makes them no money.

Very much agree with every single word you said Biker. Which re-enforces that this is inexcusable.