F. C. C. Problem

Have just received an email  With a future cruise credit for a cruise we had planned to Alaska.

We received the credit in two weeks and it was for the right amount. The problem is we were taking our daughter and granddaughter with us. I paid for the cruise for everyone and  RCCL have divided the total by four and say the credit is per person. I don’t get this I paid for it I should get the credit. Any thoughts on this.

3 minutes ago, V. I. Cruiser said:

Have just received an email  With a future cruise credit for a cruise we had planned to Alaska.

We received the credit in two weeks and it was for the right amount. The problem is we were taking our daughter and granddaughter with us. I paid for the cruise for everyone and  RCCL have divided the total by four and say the credit is per person. I don’t get this I paid for it I should get the credit. Any thoughts on this.

Credits are issued to those that sail, not who paid.

if you have a FCC Issued to Someone under 12 send an email to Royalguestrelations@rccl.com. They may, on a case by case basis allow that FCC to be used by another individual. Nothing can be done about your daughters. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, V. I. Cruiser said:

It's not too late to request a refund. No bonus, but depending on which cycle you cancelled you have at least until the end of the year and request a refund instead and have the fccs voided.

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It's not too late to request a refund. No bonus, but depending on which cycle you cancelled you have at least until the end of the year and request a refund instead and have the fccs voided.

Op didn’t state whether Royal cancelled or if they did.  If Royal cancelled then yes they could opt for a refund.  If they cancelled they will only get a FCC.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

If it’s Alaska does that mean Royal canceled?

Not necessarily.  There were long periods of time when Alaska itineraries were for sale and many cancelled on their own instead of making final payment hoping Royal would eventually cancel the sailings.  

if you voluntarily cancelled then Royal subsequently cancelled you are still stuck with the offer you chose. 

From another thread OP cancelled before Royal did.

Hi we had a cruise booked to Alaska in July. We cancelled this cruise before RCCL did as we decided we didn’t want to travel. We thought we could either take the cruise credit or get a refund. Today we phoned taking an hour to get someone then an hour and a half talking with them. They are refusing to give us a refund because we cancelled before they cancelled the cruise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

From another thread OP cancelled before Royal did.

Hi we had a cruise booked to Alaska in July. We cancelled this cruise before RCCL did as we decided we didn’t want to travel. We thought we could either take the cruise credit or get a refund. Today we phoned taking an hour to get someone then an hour and a half talking with them. They are refusing to give us a refund because we cancelled before they cancelled the cruise.

As Ken said, if you cancelled after final payment you get a FCC.  If Royal cancels you can choose.  This is not new.

Sorry....it makes NO difference who paid (I always pay). Our May 3, 2020 cruise was canceled by RCI. We are a group of 10 extended family members and each of us received the 125% FCC. I've already used all our FCC's to book for basically the same itinerary but ugraded the cabins from JS's to one bedroom GS's for March 2021.

So I’m going to go ahead and claim to have the craziest FCC story yet! It requires some background:

November 2019 - DH and I were scheduled to sail on the Adventure for Thanksgiving with my adult sister (Amy) as a 3rd passenger in a suite. She had severe case of bronchitis and so was a no-show (we cruise a lot, so I’d have to go back to see whether that refund for the port fees/taxes ever hit the bank or not, my mother died about that time so it feels like 1 million years ago).

March 2020 - DH and I had a cruise (just the two of us) on Rhapsody. We would have boarded just days after the covid-19 shutdown 🙁  so that cruise was cancelled.  We chose to receive a FCC.

Like everyone else we waited and waited and waited....

About a month ago we got 3 FCC emails for the March Rhapsody cruise - one for my FCC, one for DH’s FCC, and one FCC for over $500 for my sister Amy who was not on the cruise!  WhatTF?!?!

I asked our TA to call about it as it was clearly a disturbing and very strange situation. He did call RCL and then told us that RCL would instead refund that amount to our credit card (although that refund hasn’t been seen as yet). But unbelievably (at least to me) he didn’t find out how or why that happened at all - seemed to us to be a pretty important question.

Was it money they owed Amy from the Nov ‘19 cruise and “found it” during all the new covid accounting? Is it something that should have been refunded to us for something else and magically changed it to a FCC for a 3rd person who wasn’t on the cruise? The TA has since talk to them three more times and has still never asked that question.

🤯

FYI - we have a wonderful new TA (although it wasn’t it due to this incident alone)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

But I was describing it here, not asking questions about it.

I asked our TA to call about it 

Sure sounds like it. RCI rarely makes mistakes in the customers favor - just take it.