NCL cancels all August and September sailings

Charles4515

On 6/26/2020 at 9:11 AM, Bollinge said:

Actually my prostate cancer is in remission, so no problem currently. Thank you anyway.

The other gentleman was so cocksure about his cruising prognostications I wondered if he could give me some advice😉.

Always happy to give advice to the ignorant!  You're not going on a cruise any time soon, and you're likely losing any money you've got tied up in deposits for cruises that are never going to take place.

Best Regards!

Edited by Fido Chuckwagon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/26/2020 at 11:53 AM, Friscorays said:

Still stand by the Florida is fine bit?  It seems that things there are actually spiraling totally out of control.

Over 8900 new cases reported in  Florida just today!  It was just a few weeks ago that there were only 16k known cases in the entire state.  

I anticipate Disney will announce delay in planned Orlando park openings shortly (if the government doesn't beat them to it by instituting a statewide lockdown first).  

No port in their right mind should let a ship full of folks recently in Florida anywhere near them.

The Disneyland park in California announced yesterday it was delaying its opening.  I’m sure Disneyworld in Orlando will soon follow suit.   I personally question why anyone would want to take their kids to a place filled with thousands of others at this time.  Welcome to the Magic Kingdom.  Wear a mask at all times (except while eating), stay 6 feet away from anyone else; try not to touch any railings, souvenirs (unless you intend to buy), or urinals.  Oh....and have fun.

• Like 2

Yeah hate to be right in this case but States that have let this virus get entirely out of control in growth have now seriously impacted all American's ability to travel. Its tragic and was a) Completely preventable and b) Completely foreseeable. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Yeah hate to be right in this case but States that have let this virus get entirely out of control in growth have now seriously impacted all American's ability to travel. Its tragic and was a) Completely preventable and b) Completely foreseeable. 

It has nothing to do with “the States” or “the Government”. It comes down to individuals. You don’t need mommy to tell you if you play with fire, you may get burned or hurt someone else. 

Basic, very simple guidance like social distance (you don’t have to be hugging your buddies at a social gathering), mask use, and hand hygiene. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It has nothing to do with “the States” or “the Government”. It comes down to individuals. You don’t need mommy to tell you if you play with fire, you may get burned or hurt someone else. 

Basic, very simple guidance like social distance (you don’t have to be hugging your buddies at a social gathering), mask use, and hand hygiene. 

If it came down to individuals (using common sense) we wouldn't be having an issue.

Individuals have shown that someone needs to tell them how to act during this time.

Individuals have shown they can't be trusted to do the right things.

It's going to continue to be a vicious tug of war, nobody will ever be on the same page with this Covid-19. 

I think most  would agree we need to see the outbreaks reversed and soon.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It has nothing to do with “the States” or “the Government”.

As Europe, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Germany, and New Zealand have shown it very much depends on what Governments do and say.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, pmd98052 said:

As Europe, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Germany, and New Zealand have shown it very much depends on what Governments do and say.

so many variables and unknowns, plus when the riots (destruction, looting,  large close gatherings, murder, assault, etc day after day sans masks started all over the country) well at that time the majority of the media basically encouraged people to do whatever they wanted and never mentioned masks.  WW2 the greatest generation made incredible sacrifices (including their own lives) all the millennials had to was lay on their couch, collect a very generous $600  per week plus from unemployment in order to save the usa, and the selfish ones could not even do that, they could not even do that, they etc...   Instead they went out partying and destroying the country.

4 hours ago, Newleno said:

so many variables and unknowns,

No there are no variables and unknowns. How New Zealand, Taiwan, Germany etc tackled the pandemic is well understood. They had the same exact data as the USA Government yet took a very different path. Its very clear. No variables. No unknowns.

4 hours ago, pmd98052 said:

No there are no variables and unknowns. How New Zealand, Taiwan, Germany etc tackled the pandemic is well understood. They had the same exact data as the USA Government yet took a very different path. Its very clear. No variables. No unknowns.

my bad. I missed the part where New Zealand, Taiwan, and Germany were encouraged by the media to riot/gather/protest day after day for over a month.

10 hours ago, Newleno said:

my bad. I missed the part where New Zealand, Taiwan, and Germany were encouraged by the media to riot/gather/protest day after day for over a month.

a) Lets not lie "rioting for over a month" that didn't happen

b) Again  it was also the complete lack of leadership and action led to those riots

c) Its been shown that re-opening and parties have led to the spikes not "rioting"

d) Other nations (France, Germany, and UK to name but three) have had rioting and have their numbers under control

Edited by pmd98052
  • Like 5

On 7/3/2020 at 4:36 AM, pmd98052 said:

a) Lets not lie "rioting for over a month" that didn't happen

b) Again  it was also the complete lack of leadership and action led to those riots

c) Its been shown that re-opening and parties have led to the spikes not "rioting"

d) Other nations (France, Germany, and UK to name but three) have had rioting and have their numbers under control

Also northeastern states like NY that had significant protests but also had a responsible government that didn't "OPEN FOR BUSINESS" at the earliest opportunity with insufficient safeguards have not experienced spikes.  It seems like the single biggest driver of this pandemic at this point are people indoors without masks in large groups.  Restaurants with indoor dining and bars seem to be a real problem.