New Cruising Normal.....

ToxM

12 minutes ago, zap99 said:

There are so many posting that they won't cruise again untill there is a vaccine and a written guarantee, in triplicate that they won't have to share with anyone else,that half empty won't be an issue.

The ones who post on here are a very very small minority of cruisers,just look at the forward availability on the p&o website you will find very few Spaces are left

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bazrat said:

The ones who post on here are a very very small minority of cruisers,just look at the forward availability on the p&o website you will find very few Spaces are left

Very true and exaggeration seems to be the norm. A guidance document suggesting masks may be appropriate where social distancing is difficult, becomes rules and barbed wire. 🤔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Very true and exaggeration seems to be the norm. A guidance document suggesting masks may be appropriate where social distancing is difficult, becomes rules and barbed wire. 🤔

The bit that is missing is P&O telling us what the conditions/guidelines on board will be before we stump up the final balance.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Me too. Wearing a mask for much of the day, having to eat at certain times, half the sun beds removed, half the seats in the bars and theatre removed, no tours, restrictions on where you can go when in port - it's not much of a holiday is it?

As long as it's going somewhere with guaranteed sunshine then it will be OK for us. But I accept we are in the minority as we don't  fly, and I certainly do not want to drive all the way to the Med sunshine.

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

As long as it's going somewhere with guaranteed sunshine then it will be OK for us. But I accept we are in the minority as we don't  fly, and I certainly do not want to drive all the way to the Med sunshine.

How about taking the train down to Spain? 

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Not too bothered about guaranteed sunshine. Our next 2 booked cruises are Alaska and Norwegian fjords. Sunshine would be good, but not essential. I can guarantee that Gary will not be on our Celebrity Alaska cruise. 

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

How about taking the train down to Spain? 

Nice thought wowzz but I don't really fancy taking a wheelchair on a train journey, my wife could only transfer to a train seat with difficulty, and how I would get her to the toilet while its moving would be a nightmare, even if the aisle is wide enough to accept a wheelchair.

34 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Nice thought wowzz but I don't really fancy taking a wheelchair on a train journey, my wife could only transfer to a train seat with difficulty, and how I would get her to the toilet while its moving would be a nightmare, even if the aisle is wide enough to accept a wheelchair.

Same situation, also difficult to ensure their dignity.

Edited by mercury7289
grammar

57 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Quite understand - it was just a thought.

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Not on your own John. We don’t want to fly and I want winter heat and guaranteed sunshine. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bee-ess said:

The bit that is missing is P&O telling us what the conditions/guidelines on board will be before we stump up the final balance.

One would hope they have worked that out by now,but no point announcing anything because the situation keeps changing 

• Like 1