You can blame the CDC, not NCL for the latest suspensions.

CaptainWes

On 6/18/2020 at 1:30 PM, pmd98052 said:

Yes - however unfortunately the increase in testing does not explain Florida's increase. Florida has a real problem. Look at hospital capacity dropping as well.

Palm Beach Hospital for example just reached ICU bed capacity.

https://bocanewsnow.com/2020/06/17/coronavirus-palm-beach-area-hospital-at-icu-bed-capacity/ 

I’m not debating the fact that FL cases are spiking, but this Rebekah Jones story is false. She is a data entry person, not a scientist. The database is “her work” as much as a cashier invented the cash register she is typing on. Fake news re Rebecca, who incidentally has a criminal history that was prosecuted in Louisiana after she took the job in FL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, harkinmr said:

All the major airlines are now mandating face masks and one man (a conservative political activist) has been banned by American Airlines.  He was kicked off a flight Wednesday for refusing to wear a mask.  

https://news.yahoo.com/american-airlines-bans-man-refused-232047429.html

hmm dont know why politics was needed here, and you are positive that american airlines actually said this:  "conservative activist Brandon Straka ignored requests"

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Newleno said:

hmm dont know why politics was needed here, and you are positive that american airlines actually said this:  "conservative activist Brandon Straka ignored requests"

The gentlemen self-identified as a conservative political activist.  This was how he was identified in the article as well.   I've linked another article that includes comments from him on the matter.  I did not include your quoted text in my post so don't attribute that to me.  Relax!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2020/06/18/american-airlines-passenger-kicked-off-plane-not-wearing-face-mask/3212619001/

Edited by harkinmr

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

Actions of states/countries does play a role spreading it , does it not?   

Yup!

Let people get up and about --> Spreaders get out and spread opportunity increase

Let people gather at bars, gyms, convention centers --> above spreaders mingle with unaware to bring back home 

Combined with the US population has high percentage of Obese, diabetic, and heart risk setting up for a must sad culling of the population 

Well all this talk really is moot because carnival just took off 2 months of more cruises from the schedule. Royal will follow. There will be no cruising for quite some time. I would say not this year at all for the big lines and big ships and I'd say into next year. I'd guess late spring but why would another be changed by then either. It's all just guessing.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Well all this talk really is moot because carnival just took off 2 months of more cruises from the schedule. Royal will follow. There will be no cruising for quite some time. I would say not this year at all for the big lines and big ships and I'd say into next year. I'd guess late spring but why would another be changed by then either. It's all just guessing.

CLIA just announced a "voluntary" suspension until Sept 15th, for all members sailing from the US.

14 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

The gentlemen self-identified as a conservative political activist.  This was how he was identified in the article as well.   I've linked another article that includes comments from him on the matter.  I did not include your quoted text in my post so don't attribute that to me.  Relax!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2020/06/18/american-airlines-passenger-kicked-off-plane-not-wearing-face-mask/3212619001/

"All the major airlines are now mandating face masks and one man (a conservative political activist) has been banned by American Airlines."  your quote bro.    

14 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Not surprised at all and I’m willing to bet that this date is extended. 
https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23120-cruise-ships-won-t-sail-from-u-s-ports-until-sept-15.html

The above article basically shows that the CLIA double speak for “we knew that we don’t stand a snowball’s chance in ....” to obtain approval. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

CLIA just announced a "voluntary" suspension until Sept 15th, for all members sailing from the US.

this is outrageous, I am going to use my new credit card (brick) and let people know what I think while scoring some beaucoup merchandise.  who's with me! 

Edited by Newleno

Oh I didn't know. I just got home from a long drive and didn't see the news. I just saw a headline that carnival cancelled more. Thanks for the info but it's still time to [emoji24]. All very sad.

3 minutes ago, Newleno said:

"All the major airlines are now mandating face masks and one man (a conservative political activist) has been banned by American Airlines."  your quote bro.    

This is the quote you attributed to me:  "conservative activist Brandon Straka ignored requests".  

21 hours ago, boatseller said:

Look, if you not going to bother with any facts, please stop posting.  Florida had the recommended downward trend and we reopened.  No one thought that trend would continue, that's ridiculous.

Stop lying about CDC recommendations.  Business are following them and people are mostly going along.  Whether or not they should is a topic for debate.  All you're doing is trying to scare/shame people for getting back to life.  Not gonna work.

I still expect Carnival to resume in August because by then, there will be no legitimate reason to stop them.  If people are willing to cruise and accept the risk, let them cruise (that will be an us come September).  Cases attributed to cruising will be insignificant compared to the general population.

Good prediction on August.  LOL 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, boatseller said:

You cannot make long term policy on the 50/50 chance there may be a possibly effective vaccine at some point in the undetermined future...that people may or many not get at some also undetermined time.

The only thing we need to learn from is the incompetent leadership of the northeast and some midwest States.

We can focus on protecting the 1,000,000 vulnerable people while the other 328,000,000 people get back to life, including cruising.

If we had any type of leadership from the Whitehouse instead of daily lies, and just listen to experts we would be in a whole lot of better position than we are now. 15 case that'll be zero soon has turned into over 2 million cases and 120,000 dead in just 3 months. That's the incompetence we have now.

• Like 6

Good prediction on August.  LOL 

Boatseller also predicted that cruises would begin in August out of Florida because the governor was good friends with the WH occupant and they would overrule the CDC or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, boatseller said:

Oh, you can make policy, just pointless, counterproductive total guesses called 'policy'.

Finally some sense.

Yes agree. There is no competent policy in the USA that has been my entire point.

Edited by pmd98052
  • Like 2

If we had any type of leadership from the Whitehouse instead of daily lies, and just listen to experts we would be in a whole lot of better position than we are now. 15 case that'll be zero soon has turned into over 2 million cases and 120,000 dead in just 3 months. That's the incompetence we have now.
And the goalposts keep on moving. First it was "great job if we keep it at 40,000" then it was under or as he put it "way under 100,000". Now it's predicted to be 200,000 by October. Failure like no other.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, janerd said:

what was done differently by the white house then what was recommended? , what information from the experts was ignored?, what was/is the solution to this plague?

Just now, Newleno said:

what was done differently by the white house then what was recommended? , what information from the experts was ignored?, what was/is the solution to this plague?

Look at how South Korea, Taiwan, Germany, and New Zealand handled it.

South Korea even had first death the same day as USA. Contact tracing, masks, public closures, early large scale mass testing.

• Like 4

Gee I don't not downplaying it from day one. Not paying attention to the warnings before hand. Not calling it a hoaks would have helped. Spreading conspiracy theories about it would have helped. Not playing doctor and talking about "light" through the skin or "disinfectant injections".
It's all bat crap Insanity, sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Gee I don't not downplaying it from day one. Not paying attention to the warnings before hand. Not calling it a hoaks would have helped. Spreading conspiracy theories about it would have helped. Not playing doctor and talking about "light" through the skin or "disinfectant injections".
It's all bat crap Insanity, sorry.

I will ask again, what was done differently by the white house then what was recommended? , what information from the experts was ignored?, what was/is the solution to this plague?

8 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Look at how South Korea, Taiwan, Germany, and New Zealand handled it.

South Korea even had first death the same day as USA. Contact tracing, masks, public closures, early large scale mass testing.

I will ask again, what was done differently by the white house then what was recommended? , what information from the experts was ignored?, what was/is the solution to this plague?

Nothing, they have done everything perfectly and right which is why we are such great shape now. That is what you want to hear so I'm giving it to you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3